Page 98 of 112 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You are under the false assumption that the FD was built for the NDSU football team. It was not. They used the football team as a selling point. It is serving its original function-purpose very well and will for many many more years.

(30yrs????? pfftttt)
    Pat, I do remember the dome being heavily pitched as a necessity for Bison football. Certain people kept bringing up the crowd size at Dacotah Field all the time until it was proven they were inflating the numbers. I also remember part of the advertising for the sales tax was for the "The Bison to roam in the dome". There was some mention of moving up to D1 too at the time.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Pat, I do remember the dome being heavily pitched as a necessity for Bison football. Certain people kept bringing up the crowd size at Dacotah Field all the time until it was proven they were inflating the numbers. I also remember part of the advertising for the sales tax was for the "The Bison to roam in the dome". There was some mention of moving up to D1 too at the time.
    I dont remember any mention of D1 back then but if there was, the projections based on D2 attendance was ridiculous. Obviously D1 has much better attendance upside

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

At the time it was built not sure any official number was put on it but I'd guess the city wants to stretch it as far as they can. I'd be willing to put a good chunk of money they're aiming for at least 50 years on that thing considering the money they've dropped on it recently and the money they're talking about dropping on it for the convention center. All things considered I'd say FD is still fairly structurally sound building. They did have a lot of issues with the roof on the front end that I believe gotten taken care of. The thing is moving though like most large buildings will in this jello soil we live in the RRV. If you're saying 30 years we're already approaching that in 2022 would be from when it opened in 1992(?). So talking 3 1/2 years from now if they were thinking it HAD to be replaced in 30 years then the talking would have already started.

City of Fargo will get it out to 50 years+ no doubt in my mind for what they use it for. Not sure NDSU will and how that will be handled, because for where we're at right now two football sized domed facilities (you could make an argument for outdoor and moving to FBS) just aren't going to work in Fargo competing with each other for money makers. NDSU will not be able to afford to let even an open air stadium sit empty for 356 days of the year, not unless we get a sugar daddy to pay for it on the front end and maybe a few years of maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    At the time it was built not sure any official number was put on it but I'd guess the city wants to stretch it as far as they can. I'd be willing to put a good chunk of money they're aiming for at least 50 years on that thing considering the money they've dropped on it recently and the money they're talking about dropping on it for the convention center. All things considered I'd say FD is still fairly structurally sound building. They did have a lot of issues with the roof on the front end that I believe gotten taken care of. The thing is moving though like most large buildings will in this jello soil we live in the RRV. If you're saying 30 years we're already approaching that in 2022 would be from when it opened in 1992(?). So talking 3 1/2 years from now if they were thinking it HAD to be replaced in 30 years then the talking would have already started.

City of Fargo will get it out to 50 years+ no doubt in my mind for what they use it for. Not sure NDSU will and how that will be handled, because for where we're at right now two football sized domed facilities (you could make an argument for outdoor and moving to FBS) just aren't going to work in Fargo competing with each other for money makers. NDSU will not be able to afford to let even an open air stadium sit empty for 356 days of the year, not unless we get a sugar daddy to pay for it on the front end and maybe a few years of maintenance.
    Pretty much all large buildings are built on stilts in Fargo and they've known about this forever. Its actually really interesting how they pound giant pilons 100 feet into the ground and fill then with cement to ensure things dont sink. I heard it adds several millions to the cost of everything but it's really not an issue. All the old schools were built this way and they are 100 years old. Cool ingenuity.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Pretty much all large buildings are built on stilts in Fargo and they've known about this forever. Its actually really interesting how they pound giant pilons 100 feet into the ground and fill then with cement to ensure things dont sink. I heard it adds several millions to the cost of everything but it's really not an issue. All the old schools were built this way and they are 100 years old. Cool ingenuity.

Our house is close enough to the river that much of our yard is gumbo at certain times of the year, causing things to shift. Got so bad on one side of our house that we had to have industrial builders (same guys that did the dome, I believe), come out and install push piers to support it and stop the sinking....105 feet to bedrock and the biggest piece of residential angle iron I've ever seen...

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Got so bad on one side of our house that we had to have industrial builders (same guys that did the dome, I believe)
    Correct, actually had the president of Industrial Builders speak at a course once and he said the Dome project nearly bankrupted the company...he didn't elaborate any...

Quote Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
    Correct, actually had the president of Industrial Builders speak at a course once and he said the Dome project nearly bankrupted the company...he didn't elaborate any...
    Think it was the roof issue that I mentioned was one issue. Industrial builders doesn't do much with "commercial" buildings anymore (at least that I'm aware of?).

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yes was aware. [emoji3] I am a project manager for structural steel supplier in Fargo. Should see how many they had to put under the new addition to the water treatment plant.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Who said anything about a 400 million dollar stadium???? Be realistic if your going to throw numbers around. For half of that the Dome could be expanded to 30k.
    Correeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeect. Every time someone outright dismisses that it is even a possibility to expand and/or build new, they always seem to assume we're apparently building a 45,000 seat stadium with NFL caliber amenities................ hence the $400 million "conservative estimate"
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Expanding the Dome to 30,000 or for that matter a new stadium anytime soon?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix