Page 96 of 112 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

I know that a new venue is a long long ways down the road, however I just hope that they learned their lesson in not building a venue that is expandable. If it truly was meant to be a 100 year venue it was pretty dumb to make it that small. Did they not think there would be any growth in Fargo or ND. Let's save up during the next 75 years so we can get the venue that we need. The next venue should be gloriously oversized or expandable, retractable roof, and suites galore. I miss the beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon games in the fall time, but not the freeze your ass off November and December games, hence the retractable roof. Oversized because when NDSU has won 82 of the last 83 FCS Championships, we are going to have a much larger fanbase and plenty of suites for all the oil tycoons and superfarmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Power View Post
    I know that a new venue is a long long ways down the road, however I just hope that they learned their lesson in not building a venue that is expandable. If it truly was meant to be a 100 year venue it was pretty dumb to make it that small. Did they not think there would be any growth in Fargo or ND. Let's save up during the next 75 years so we can get the venue that we need. The next venue should be gloriously oversized or expandable, retractable roof, and suites galore. I miss the beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon games in the fall time, but not the freeze your ass off November and December games, hence the retractable roof. Oversized because when NDSU has won 82 of the last 83 FCS Championships, we are going to have a much larger fanbase and plenty of suites for all the oil tycoons and superfarmers.
    It started out as a 25,000 seat stadium. A kid named Steve Linke kept fighting them over the dome and in the process the size kept getting smaller.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    It started out as a 25,000 seat stadium. A kid named Steve Linke kept fighting them over the dome and in the process the size kept getting smaller.
    Break out the tar and feathers.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Power View Post
    Outside of football, it's been the perfect size. They didn't have the foresight to predict the need for convention space though but that's easily solved.

Population of Fargo in 1990 was only 75k. I was a kid when the dome was being built but I dont think most people thought the metro would be 250k by 2020 and NDSU football would move up to D1 and someday beat Iowa, Kansas State, The Gophers twice, Iowa State, get ESPN College Gameday, and yes win 6 National Championships, which is even better than our run in the 1980s and early 90s. When I was a kid they were talking about D1 hockey. Not a single person on the planet would have predicted the last 15 years.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    You have constantly ignored the facts that were presented to you numerous times throughout the years because they didn’t support your argument and instead spent way too much time blaming those who have no control over things you want fixed.

Reality is not your friend and the booze doesn’t make it go away.

You’re a grown-arse man. Act like it.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    lol .......such an Internet tough guy. Your points are no more valid. Only in your head. I will continue to post regardless of who you think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Outside of football, it's been the perfect size. They didn't have the foresight to predict the need for convention space though but that's easily solved.

Population of Fargo in 1990 was only 75k. I was a kid when the dome was being built but I dont think most people thought the metro would be 250k by 2020 and NDSU football would move up to D1 and someday beat Iowa, Kansas State, The Gophers twice, Iowa State, get ESPN College Gameday, and yes win 6 National Championships, which is even better than our run in the 1980s and early 90s. When I was a kid they were talking about D1 hockey. Not a single person on the planet would have predicted the last 15 years.
    Plus there were times after the dome was built they actually thought that the dome was too big because it wasnt selling out. Its always easy to go back after the fact and be critical. And you are correct that nobody could predict the last 15 years. But even with that the Dome isnt that far off from being perfect as far as seating goes and that is after what? 25 years?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I think he had good intentions but took the inflated attendance scandal way too seriously and lacked the long term attendance vision. I dont think many of us anticipated the need for a a bigger stadium by 2007, only 14 years after it was built, but clearly we needed something bigger long term. I think the growth was sped up by a decade from the D1 move. If I had to make a prediction today, I would predict 40,000 by 2040. Of course many of us wont be alive in 2040 and I could be off by 10k in either direction.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

I was trying to be a little facetious with my post. There is an excellent thread about the Fargodome from 2008 on here. It has some amazingly accurate predictions. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ting-to-ponder

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Plus there were times after the dome was built they actually thought that the dome was too big because it wasnt selling out. Its always easy to go back after the fact and be critical. And you are correct that nobody could predict the last 15 years. But even with that the Dome isnt that far off from being perfect as far as seating goes and that is after what? 25 years?
    It's so tough to predict. We were D2 at the time, scholarship levels at D2 were being cut, and we were playing powerhouses like Winona State, Western State, and Augustana. The quality of the whole division went from good to mediocre and after Bob Babich had his last season, the dome seemed to be too big other than the UND game. Back then friggin WDAY actually had the rights to produce the 1990 D2 National Championship game. Think about that for a second

We didn't have a plan to move up to D1AA back then and I guarantee if fans knew we would have had home games with teams like Montana, Youngstown, and non conference games vs Big Ten or Big 12 teams, we would have thought bigger but even if we knew those things would happen, we never would have predicted the level of success.

Now are future predictions based on FBS attendance?

If we moved up to FBS today and sucked, how would attendance be? If we moved up to FBS and dominated the G5, could we average 50k in 20 years. Who the hell knows.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    lol .......such an Internet tough guy. Your points are no more valid. Only in your head. I will continue to post regardless of who you think you are.
    As usual, all false claims (except the part of continuing your viscious cycle of complaining).

Again, as I previously stated to you, talk to those in charge, and you too, will be educated with the facts, not opinions.

Clearly from reading the tea leaves, the demand for Bison Football tickets isn’t nearly big enough for the City to get rid of the FargoDome, especially with how much money they are planning to invest into it in the near future. Also, add in how much money NDSU is investing into other major important projects, all your whining and villianizing of good, hardworking individuals is much like your comprehension skills, worthless.

Keep spinning those tires in the mud!

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 07-15-2018 at 09:48 PM.
    Hail the BISON!!!