Page 87 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    It is an awesome problem to have. Is there another team in the FCS with this issue? Maybe Montana?
    At least Montana expands their stadium now and then. It's more the issue can a casual fan get reasonable access to affordable seats. For NDSU football it's a shitshow and I believe thousands of people have given up trying especially since most games are on TV. Sitting on an 18500 capacity for long into the future is just plain ridiculous and shows lack of leadership by anyone high positions in North Dakota, Fargo or NDSU.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    We should do a one time experiment where students aren't allowed to attend and try to sell those tickets to the general public.

It would be interesting to see how fast they sell and how many get sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    No.

10charac
    I think he meant to say Section 20 instead of the students.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I agree, NDSU should think seriously about a formal partner in the secondary market.

Buying on the secondary market isn’t any harder than buying direct, but it is another thing that you need to be aware of and learn the process. It’s pretty straightforward but it is a new thing still for many and that’s not nothing. If you want tickets you pay in some combination of money and inconvienece. People complaining about not being able to get tickets are simply saying the cost, whether it’s their time or their money, is too high.
    You need to be careful about not satisfying the needs of the proletariat. Ask the Roman Senate how that went......

There seems to be an assumption by some that the difficulty in getting "easy" tickets and the roll that we are on will last forever. It won't. At some point, God forbid, to coin a phrase the worm will turn and things will open up. Personally, I hope that will be years from now but who knows.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    You need to be careful about not satisfying the needs of the proletariat. Ask the Roman Senate how that went......
    When attending gladiatorial combat is free, then we'll know things have really gone off the rails, bread and circuses style.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    There seems to be an assumption by some that the difficulty in getting "easy" tickets and the roll that we are on will last forever. It won't. At some point, God forbid, to coin a phrase the worm will turn and things will open up. Personally, I hope that will be years from now but who knows.
    Your flawed assumption is that the number of dedicated fans will remain the same during this "run" (quite confident serious fans are on the rise), and that this "run" will dramatically end versus just a few wavering years of barely making playoffs and early exits. Also, you assume a significant number of people will give up their season tickets when we all know they are held onto dearly since nearly impossible to get back. Nowhere else in America does a successful storied program sit on a small football venue and refuse to even dream bigger anytime in the foreseeable future. Just sad, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    This aurgument is coming up on its 10 year anniversary.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

People also seem to discount that when the Fargodome was built enrollment at NDSU was 9300 students. Enrollment has grown since then and with talk of trying to expand enrollment in the future, the market for tickets will only get larger based on that fact alone. Add in the unprecedented success and I don't see demand dropping significantly.

However, like I said earlier, NDSU doesn't really have much if any say in the capacity of the Fargodome.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    People also seem to discount that when the Fargodome was built enrollment at NDSU was 9300 students. Enrollment has grown since then and with talk of trying to expand enrollment in the future, the market for tickets will only get larger based on that fact alone. Add in the unprecedented success and I don't see demand dropping significantly.

However, like I said earlier, NDSU doesn't really have much if any say in the capacity of the Fargodome.
    With 9 games played there every year I bet NDSU has some leverage if they would use it. But all those in position to make a difference are too much status quo and living in the dark ages.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    With 9 games played there every year I bet NDSU has some leverage if they would use it. But all those in position to make a difference are too much status quo and living in the dark ages.
    It is better than having a Kennedy-type who railroads previously built relationships between the university and other private and public entities into the ground.