Page 24 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Football brings in the revenue and should be taken care of first and foremost. If we need to increase coaches salaries, it should be done before worrying about other non-revenue sports.

Maybe it's time all universities across the nation start taking a hard look at the all their sports programs in relation to what it is costing the university, state, and students, and start having some serious discussions about dropping those that can't carry their own water. The amount of money that is being poured into non-revenue sports at the collegiate level is ridiculous and is not sustainable.

Quite frankly, I don't give a dam about any sport but football. The same held true when I was a student. If the other sports went away tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear and neither would many other people as evidenced by attendance at said events.
    Three words...Title Nine.

Sports are getting cut everywhere. I only ever went to football and men's basketball games and really wasn't too concerned with the rest. It's not that football shouldn't be the first dog to eat, but there are several other athletic programs that could probably use some of that money in a bigger way than football can.
    College of Business Alumnus

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Did you not read everything so far? They did work with the students. Student fees were negotiated, SRO was negotiated, and for a student body who does not consistently show up, they were very well taken care of. In terms of total numbers, not a single loss for the students.

I am all about the students when it comes to college events, but this is a win/win. Not only was this communicated with the students, the students participated in this every step of the way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    So how much does the $100,000 total lower student fee per student? Students that care about football got a free beer or two at chubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    So how much does the $100,000 total lower student fee per student? Students that care about football got a free beer or two at chubs.
    Students that care about football still get most of their ticket paid for by everybody else.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Students that care about football still get most of their ticket paid for by everybody else.
    I hear what your saying but disagree. Athletics gets funding from the students. Students pay enough to have prime seating at events.

I wouldn’t want student fees for athletics to go to a vote of the students. In the grand scheme of things they didn’t get much. No one will ever break the $100,000 down to a per student cost. It will always be mentioned as $100,000 back to the students. It sounds better.

I hear what your saying but disagree. Athletics gets funding from the students. Students pay enough to have prime seating at events.

I wouldn’t want student fees for athletics to go to a vote of the students. In the grand scheme of things they didn’t get much. No one will ever break the $100,000 down to a per student cost. It will always be mentioned as $100,000 back to the students. It sounds better.
    $100,000/15,000=$6.66....

Not sure if all students pay but it's not much. Even cut that in half still only $13.

Think they lost section 16 when they asked to expand student section a few years ago. They hadn't done that they may still have it? Guess could have ended up as a swap deal instead.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Collectively, I agree and I’ve said so here repeatedly, the students pay for their seats. However, individually, students who care about football are clearly having their entertainment subsidized by those who do not.

As to whether they should have premium seats. Well they were paying $1.46 million for $1.7 million of seating. They decided that wasn’t a good enough deal, so now they’re paying $1.36 million for $1.1 million of seating. That should give the anti-student fee contingent a bit of runway to keep fees down for a few more years. If that’s not what the students want the government offices are in the Union.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

It isn't just the 100k back. It is not losing a single ticket, getting a 100k back, and not getting their fees increased to actually cover the cost of the seats in the first place.

There is always going to be someone displeased no matter which way you go about it. I can't think of a way that maximizes revenue while still leaving the students with the same access that is better than this way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Collectively, I agree and I’ve said so here repeatedly, the students pay for their seats. However, individually, students who care about football are clearly having their entertainment subsidized by those who do not.

As to whether they should have premium seats. Well they were paying $1.46 million for $1.7 million of seating. They decided that wasn’t a good enough deal, so now they’re paying $1.36 million for $1.1 million of seating. That should give the anti-student fee contingent a bit of runway to keep fees down for a few more years. If that’s not what the students want the government offices are in the Union.
    So this $1.36 million. Is that the total fees paid to the athletic department? If so, doesn't that cover costs of other sports than just football? So in all reality, the price they were paying towards football is much lower than what is being indicated/discussed here?
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    So this $1.36 million. Is that the total fees paid to the athletic department? If so, doesn't that cover costs of other sports than just football? So in all reality, the price they were paying towards football is much lower than what is being indicated/discussed here?
    Doesn't the activity fee include use of the fitness center, tickets to plays and other non-athletic areas too?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Ye have little faith. As of this hour, I still do not have season tickets, and my current PP ranking is #1620 and couple that with current holder expanding and gobbling up the seats, I am very confident I will be shut out. So, the fun for you should continue....
    How long have you been a TM?

I'm ranked way ahead of you and I've only been donating to TM since 2015.

Put up or shut up. Or would you rather be cheap and just bitch and moan?