Page 21 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

I think section 10 would have been just fine to offer up as season tickets vs. section 16. But the band is in 11, so maybe that was a factor?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

I like everyone having a chance at new tickets. For every priority point 1 ball into hopper. Pull out balls til seats filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    I like everyone having a chance at new tickets. For every priority point 1 ball into hopper. Pull out balls til seats filled.
    I volunteer as tribute.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    SB Prez was just on with Gaptooth. Gap didn’t get answer he was looking for—>students aren’t upset.

Math—>neither should you be then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If the students aren't upset then I have no issue. I may find the students beyond pathetic if that is their view...but that is for another conversation...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I did a pretty poor job apparently
    I just meant in regards to having some of the lower rows for the students that do show up early and wait in line for hours to get good seats.
    I agree. Keeping a few rows for students in lower rows, esp in section 16 behind the opposing team, would have been a great idea! (Rather than the knitters & .....)
    (The students I know are excellent BISON fans... wouldn't miss a game for anything.)

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    I agree. Keeping a few rows for students in lower rows, esp in section 16 behind the opposing team, would have been a great idea! (Rather than the knitters & .....)
    (The students I know are excellent BISON fans... wouldn't miss a game for anything.)
    While I agree with you on keeping the students below the suite level in section 16 for the sake of game atmosphere, consider this. That part of the section contains 6 rows X 20 seats per row = 120 seats. Required donation each seat in that section is $1,375, add the season ticket price of $307 yields $208,840/yr to the athletic department. No small change especially when you consider the student government has dropped their payment to NDSU Athletics by $100,000 per the new agreement. We now have the smallest student/institution payment to athletics in both the Summit and the MVFC. (And by a bunch). I know it shouldn't be all about the money, but in reality, it is about the money. Football pays the bills here and if we want to continue our success we've got to raise more money. Kudos to the AD and the Student Government for working out this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    If the students aren't upset then I have no issue. I may find the students beyond pathetic if that is their view...but that is for another conversation...
    Is this rhetorical? I've been thinking about starting a kids these days thread.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

It's been said before but the bottom line is the AD went to the students and asked for an increase to student fees. They declined and thus this deal was struck. The fact is the money has to come from somewhere and the students said "not from us" hence they lose seats. If the students wanted to keep their seats they should have voted for the student fee increase. It wasn't that important to them. It's pretty damn simple and straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post

If anything this is a great deal for Teammakers because I can only imagine the amount of meetings, emails and calls that Pat and others had to have on a monthly basis from donors who are giving large amounts of $$$$ each year without even really getting anything more than single game tickets.
    I don't really buy that. I've known people that all of the sudden have season tickets in the last few years. I don't think corporate sponsors are able to get large blocks (12) of tickets, but if you're looking for a pair and you have the $$$, you can get them.

Some thoughts:

1. People keep implying, likely NOT intentionally, that the students voting down an activity fee increase was bad since they pay less than other valley and Summit schools. I am not sure what planet folks people are from, but in my world that is something to be proud of and a big reason I recommend NDSU. (It should NOT be the students job to subsidize athletics; see USD for a horrible example of that.)
    2. I've said for years the way to work this out is to sell more of the student seats and this is exactly what they are doing. (I had said give them until Wednesday each week, then sell what is left.) I also said the students should demand a cut of that action, and that is exactly what they got.

So this was a very well thought out win/win for all. Heck, say I was going to school now and always sitting in the prime sec 16 tickets every game like I did in the olden days. While I would not be entirely happy, my student fees would be going down and I know my only penalty is moving over one section. Deals don't get much better than that. Plus, NDSU made me proud by further lowering an already relatively low activity fee. Great work Mr. Larson. I've been critical on many issues, but this sure will not be one of them!