Page 67 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Nothing is stopping anyone else from donating the same amount of money as those guys with the big seat fees. You can make the argument they get more "return" on their money since they get season tickets as part of it but starting this year those who donate without having to do so as part of a seat fee get to deduct it from their income taxes whereas those who get seats as part of their "donation" (a.k.a. fee) don't. I'd guarantee that anyone would climb the priority point ladder pretty quickly if they start shelling out the cash in Team Maker donations that those folks around the 50 yard line do every year. And when those folks donating without season tickets would finally get them they'd only have to take the extra money out of their pocket for the tickets ($250-$300 per ticket this year) unless they still wanted their tax deduction.
    I'd also be willing to bet that if you sent a letter to Mr. S stating that you'd be willing to make a larger than normal one time donation (larger than the seat dues) as long as it locked you into seats moving forward, your name would be considered before the wait list. Money talks. As to what that amount over the standard seat dues would need to be I have no clue but they will always take $$$ above and beyond. You could depreciate that amount out over several seasons to justify getting in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by CVOLK View Post
    I'd also be willing to bet that if you sent a letter to Mr. S stating that you'd be willing to make a larger than normal one time donation (larger than the seat dues) as long as it locked you into seats moving forward, your name would be considered before the wait list. Money talks. As to what that amount over the standard seat dues would need to be I have no clue but they will always take $$$ above and beyond. You could depreciate that amount out over several seasons to justify getting in the door.
    That is correct - and exactly what I did, but the time for that was two months ago...not now. The list has been set.

It's still worth emailing Pat and having a lunch or dinner with him to talk.

This is the stuff we talk about when we brag about the low student fees. The program has to be supported somehow and you can thank the Team Makers for taking advantage of the value of this product.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    This is the stuff we talk about when we brag about the low student fees. The program has to be supported somehow and you can thank the Team Makers for taking advantage of the value of this product.
    yup, $100 50yd line season ticket wont pay the bills, if we had that the student fees would HAVE to be ramped up

I'd much rather the alumni that can afford to pay for it pay vs setting up the kids for failure by having even larger student loans for them when they leave NDSU.

look at this commie!
    In my original post I really did have a comment about letting Bernie Sanders allocate the tickets but removed it because I knew what direction things would go.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

FYI when I talked to PS yesterday they had tickets available in the end zone, sec 6 and a few others. This tells me that there may have been some attrition(happens every year) and people are now being able to move their seats considering that there was an influx of an additional 500 seats. So now its the plug and play game on whats available and where people want to sit and where they can afford to sit. .
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    FYI when I talked to PS yesterday they had tickets available in the end zone, sec 6 and a few others. This tells me that there may have been some attrition(happens every year) and people are now being able to move their seats considering that there was an influx of an additional 500 seats. So now its the plug and play game on whats available and where people want to sit and where they can afford to sit. .
    Did you happen to ask how many calls/tickets they had available?? There's no chance that I'll get any but just curious if I still had a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Did you happen to ask how many calls/tickets they had available?? There's no chance that I'll get any but just curious if I still had a chance.
    I was call # 134. He said he had about 300 + more to do. Consider this----With the new 500 + tickets that came on the market and with 134 calls already made and 300 more to do people arent being piggy. They are picking up one and two tickets. IMO
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I was call # 134. He said he had about 300 + more to do. Consider this----With the new 500 + tickets that came on the market and with 134 calls already made and 300 more to do people arent being piggy. They are picking up one and two tickets. IMO
    How many points do you have?

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA