Page 70 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    Can verify the bold, that's for sure. From what Pat was telling me it sounded like all of the "cheap" seats in Section 16 were gone minus one pair he told me about. Ended up going another direction.
    Maybe if each one of you guys would quit talking him up and just stick to the business at hand they could have been done with this already?
    Last edited by Herd Mentality; 06-07-2018 at 10:21 PM.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    I'd much rather the alumni that can afford to pay for it pay vs setting up the kids for failure by having even larger student loans for them when they leave NDSU.

Yea $62,000 in debt or $62,800 in debt. Student fees are like a chair off the titanic. Kids won't even know they were there
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I got my call from Pat this morning. I have around 500 points and am just looking to relocate our 2 seats from a 3rd row scholarship section to something that will be more affordable for us. Have had the seats for 20 some years but with retirement looming the cost will be prohibitive. There was nothing lower than Row U outside of the premium seats so I kept mine for another year at least.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I'm not begrudging anyone who only has 4 tickets, that's not a lot of them. I just wish they didn't let those that want to go up to 12. Spread the wealth a little bit

What system do you put in place to prevent other "Cypanth-come-lately-s" from getting the same tickets you want? Neither a lottery nor a camp-out line would necessarily prevent me from getting tickets before you if I wanted them. Maybe use a minimum TM level (which is really just you doing to others what you claim is being done to you).
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    My inside info is that only Pat is making calls anymore because it was too difficult to have more people doing so, given seats would be offered/sold and routing timely that info to the others was causing confusion/inefficiencies. Also, they are about 1/3 of the way through the requests and have about 1/2 the tickets left. Currently at near the 500PP level for calls/requests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iowa State has an automated system in which you are assigned a time (based on donor level and priority points) when you can go online and switch seats. Essentially, you can see all the seats that are open. If you pick one that is in a higher donor category, then you have to ante up. And then, it releases your previous seats which are immediately ready for the next person. It still takes a long time, but it seems to work pretty well and doesn't require a single person to keep it all straight (I can't wait to hear some of you crying when you find out that your guy in the Ticket Office made a mistake).
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    What system do you put in place to prevent other "Cypanth-come-lately-s" from getting the same tickets you want? Neither a lottery nor a camp-out line would necessarily prevent me from getting tickets before you if I wanted them. Maybe use a minimum TM level (which is really just you doing to others what you claim is being done to you).
    Inquiring on how you can season tickets? I knew it. Welcome to the herd...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    But the guys that pay the big seat fees for their current tickets are rewarded with more tickets.
    We have donated $7500+ the last 2 years to TM. We gave $5000+ often prior to that. Pat S would call me, and ask if we are "OK" with our 2 tickets in sec 6 which we have had for 10+ years. He said you can get better seats? I always told him...we love our section, we are fine, plus maybe get them to some folks who don't have any tickets? He would always answer..."OK".
    AS some have said, some folks have their 12 tickets, but I highly doubt that they are equal on the points/development-fund level. This is the way it is....a process that has evolved over time. But some fans have gotten "piggish", and think they deserve even more.
    The old saying among accountants, about doing ones taxes was always..."pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered". Its one thing to be piggish, but some seem to get "hoggish" and could care less about the "ordinary" fan. I asked TM for any tickets in sec 6, one, two three or four...even if apart. If there are/were any left in sec 16 by the time they get to us...at 421 points, I would love two more. We have a huge Bison family on my wifes side, with 19 NDSU alum starting way back in 1944. If we get passed over this time, I will wonder if its time to find a few hogs-for-slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Inquiring on how you can season tickets? I knew it. Welcome to the herd...
    Uh, no. But I might be interested in getting some tickets if I could resell them and gouge a few Bison fans!

Coach Simmers(he coached at Devils Lake in the 70's after playing for the Bison in 1974) called this morning, I was #231 in the line of calls to be made by him, and #600 in the development rank, there are still tickets left.