Page 66 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

So the rich get richer. Those that already had tickets are getting all the new tickets too, and those of us on the outside get nothing (again). There was no reason this couldn't have been limited to four tickets maximum. The rest of us basically got screwed by the system. Those that already had tickets got lots of points for having those tickets so it's easy to get more tickets. Sorry, but this isn't right. Rant over

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    So the rich get richer. Those that already had tickets are getting all the new tickets too, and those of us on the outside get nothing (again). There was no reason this couldn't have been limited to four tickets maximum. The rest of us basically got screwed by the system. Those that already had tickets got lots of points for having those tickets so it's easy to get more tickets. Sorry, but this isn't right. Rant over
    ‘merica. Don’t you like Capitalism?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The points you get for having season tickets are pretty inconsequential. You get one point (no matter how many season tickets you have) per consecutive year you've been a season ticket holder so it basically boils down to one point per year. The points the prime ticket holders get for their fees are the same $50 per point everyone gets so they get no leg up on anyone for that.

maybe in 2012 you should've applied for some and got them like I did

I got two. I could have gotten more but didnt want to be piggy. I got my first two tickets 13 years ago when priority points werent a big thing. You could get tickets anywhere you wanted IF you were willing to pay the TM fees to sit there.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The points you get for having season tickets are pretty inconsequential. You get one point (no matter how many season tickets you have) per consecutive year you've been a season ticket holder so it basically boils down to one point per year. The points the prime ticket holders get for their fees are the same $50 per point everyone gets so they get no leg up on anyone for that.
    But the guys that pay the big seat fees for their current tickets are rewarded with more tickets.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I got two. I could have gotten more but didnt want to be piggy. I got my first two tickets 13 years ago when priority points werent a big thing. You could get tickets anywhere you wanted IF you were willing to pay the TM fees to sit there.
    I'm not begrudging anyone who only has 4 tickets, that's not a lot of them. I just wish they didn't let those that want to go up to 12. Spread the wealth a little bit

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN

100% anti MAGA

I'm not begrudging anyone who only has 4 tickets, that's not a lot of them. I just wish they didn't let those that want to go up to 12. Spread the wealth a little bit
    look at this commie!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have had the same 4 seats since early 90's with my father and brother. Since then I've added a wife and 2 kids that are now to the age of wanting to see a game. Been trying for 5 years to add seats to our 4 but no one gives up 50 yard line seats. This was my first opportunity. Could have taken 8 but wanted to spread the wealth and only take what I need.

But the guys that pay the big seat fees for their current tickets are rewarded with more tickets.
    Nothing is stopping anyone else from donating the same amount of money as those guys with the big seat fees. You can make the argument they get more "return" on their money since they get season tickets as part of it but starting this year those who donate without having to do so as part of a seat fee get to deduct it from their income taxes whereas those who get seats as part of their "donation" (a.k.a. fee) don't. I'd guarantee that anyone would climb the priority point ladder pretty quickly if they start shelling out the cash in Team Maker donations that those folks around the 50 yard line do every year. And when those folks donating without season tickets would finally get them they'd only have to take the extra money out of their pocket for the tickets ($250-$300 per ticket this year) unless they still wanted their tax deduction.