Page 50 of 112 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    For the points to be an impediment to increased giving people would have to care about the issue.
    Or about what they might gain...... tickets to Frisco etcetera etcetera.

People do care about those issues and if you open up competition to those types of things he'll get more people vying to get them which in turn brings in more money.

I think the reason that a lot of people in this crowd don't see the benefit is cuz they're going to give regardless

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    The basis is a basic business principle Cass
    ,, if you have a product that creates competition between your customers you can increase your sales.

The principles hss been proven over and over and over again.

All I want to do is create a competitive environment that inspires the maximum amount of people to give the maximum amount

For givers like you and I this isn't going to really matter.... which is why I was using you and I as an example.... because I know we're both secure enough in our giving.

But for those that don't give just out of the goodness of their heart and are trying to get something out of it competition is the only way to go.

So when I look around the easiest lifts to increase competition is a decrease the entitlement points... No I'm not using that in a negative way here.

Where I would really like to get to his resetting priority Points each season, , but based on this converdation that's going to be a real heavy lift
    You do realize that resetting the points every year is going to create the same result right? People who have the money to spend it will. The people who don't, won't. And you'll also be telling the people who have donated 30, 40+ years that they don't matter. That NDSU doesn't care about their dedication. Plus, what are you going to give them as a reward for being top donor? The opportunity to get Frisco tickets the years the Bison make it? If they don't, then what? I made these points earlier and you've ignored my response. Plus, there's already a competitive environment. To be next on the waiting list to get season tickets. Any successful sports organization has this problem. And they all do what TM does. Donate money to get on the list. In those cases, it's how soon or early on you donate, the higher up the list you are. TM uses a points system based on dollars donated. I don't see how your solution fixes any of those problems OR makes them any better.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    You do realize that resetting the points every year is going to create the same result right? People who have the money to spend it will. The people who don't, won't. And you'll also be telling the people who have donated 30, 40+ years that they don't matter. That NDSU doesn't care about their dedication. Plus, what are you going to give them as a reward for being top donor? The opportunity to get Frisco tickets the years the Bison make it? If they don't, then what? I made these points earlier, and you've ignored my response. Plus, there's already a competitive environment. To be next on the waiting list to get season tickets. Any successful sports organization has this problem. And they all do what TM does. Donate money to get on the list. In those cases, it's how soon or early on you donate, the higher up the file you are. TM uses a points system based on dollars given. I don't see how your solution fixes any of those problems OR makes them any better.
    I did not ignore them. I said those are valid points. But herein lies the issue... if you believe that that you can't create any more competition then what you're saying is team makers has reached its potential. Also, you're kind of saying you don't need to incentivize anybody at all... It's a rich man's game, and those that have the money are going to give to play it

By potential, I mean the number of people that are going to give. Of course, there's probably still potential there to maximize that segments donation.

For one I think there's a lot of room to reach alum which is why phase one of my plan would be to incentivize the alum much like they did athletes.

But yes eventually I would like to get to a resetting of the priority Points each term that way even if you're correct and only the rich are going to pay and at least you're making the rich compete against each other.

I thought about you do not matter statement .... for those that have been in the team makes for a long time.... And I'm not suggesting we take away their seats. I am merely suggesting that the accumulation of 30 years of points wouldn't go for the big perks like Frisco tickets Etc. I would hope that they would understand that this is necessary to drive up donations amount.

Now I fully admit you might lose some of those people, but I would argue that those people were the ones that grandfathered into this and really weren't donating what they could... Tell it to hurt... Type of fans period. Replacing them might help the bottom line.

you also noted what about if we don't make it to Frisco that year....valid.

I have a few thoughts on that... One, I sure like the pressure it places on our University to succeed.

Of course I'm a realist, we're not always going to make it to Frisco, but we can come up with other benefits to incentivize yearly giving. perhaps going back to that thought I had about the old team makers tent I was talking about earlier.... Maybe that years top donators are exclusive guess to the team maker tent for each home game. Of course homecoming you open up the tent for all.

At the
    Last edited by MAKBison; 05-05-2018 at 05:03 PM.

I did not ignore them I said those are valid points. But herein lies the issue... if you believe that that you can't create anymore competition then what you're saying is team makers has reached its potential.

By potential I mean the amount of people that are going to give. Of course there's probably still potential there to maximize that segments donations.

That may be true I don't think so but it could be true
    I tried to have a discussion but I can't hit my head in the same spot any more. Kudos to those who saw this and got our early. Everything you're trying to do is already in place. Eliminating points won't do anything because the rich are rich and the poor are poor. You'll lose small donors that have been around a long time because they no longer matter. Competition is there to be next on the list for season tickets, reserved tailgating spots, first shot at single game tickets, most chances at single game tickets, Frisco tickets, etc. The competition is there. Open your eyes. They started the Bison Pride Fund option so people can donate to a specific cause. Still get points. Still adds to the competition. You're not going to get Joe Blow to donate UNLESS HE CARES ABOUT NDSU. It's that simple. People donate because they care. I don't donate to UND because I could get tickets to every game. I don't care about them so I don't donate. You're looking at this from some far out dimension where there is no gravity or oxygen apparently. Please, I beg you, take your idea and flush it to GF.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

All you're saying is team makers is a closed system and competition exist within those currently in the system. Some people donate because they care about NDSU some don't. , some donate because they want to be seen at an event don't kid yourself not everybody is donating cuz they love NDSU

Anyway, i say that's a system not designed to maximize profits and is restricted.

You're not going to lose those smaller donors because they're locked in.

What you are going to do is prevent longtime donors and or legacy folks from resting on their laurels.

Another thing that you're going to accomplish his appeal to those that do have a little bit of coin to throw around. Of Course the rich man's always going to be in the game, but after the rich man you have the well-to-do man and that well-to-do man if he has a chance might get in the game. But, if he can't compete with the Legacy folks will never get in the game. Like everything else in life the poor man yeah he's pretty much screwed.

If you don't think people are starting to get out of team makers because of a lack of opportunity ou're just not paying attention.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 05-05-2018 at 05:52 PM.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    You also don’t accept that your theory is wrong..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Parts of his theory are correct. There is next to no incentive for the average person to join Teammakers. For every sport but football you can walk up on game day and get tickets. Very rarely has that not been the case in the last 25 years and for those rare cases you had to plan ahead. Only since 2011 has that been the case for football also and this is the first year there have actually been tickets out there other than a handful that get swallowed up mainly by current season ticket holders. For the average person that doesn't have season tickets for football there is very little incentive because you have to donate a huge amount of money to catch up.

Now saying that I've been going to NDSU football games for 23 years and have missed very few games during that time (almost always due to work and not from there are no tickets out there). We don't have season tickets and finally had the money for season tickets in 2012, but were denied since we didn't have enough points (which I understood). 2011 was really the first year where there was an incentive to join Teammakers and that's why it has continued to increase over the years.

No doubt in my mind donations will increase this year with the new section opening up. It will be interesting to see what happens after that as either there will be next to no season tickets out there for football and plenty of tickets for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Parts of his theory are correct. There is next to no incentive for the average person to join Teammakers. For every sport but football you can walk up on game day and get tickets. Very rarely has that not been the case in the last 25 years and for those rare cases you had to plan ahead. Only since 2011 has that been the case for football also and this is the first year there have actually been tickets out there other than a handful that get swallowed up mainly by current season ticket holders. For the average person that doesn't have season tickets for football there is very little incentive because you have to donate a huge amount of money to catch up.

Now saying that I've been going to NDSU football games for 23 years and have missed very few games during that time (almost always due to work and not from there are no tickets out there). We don't have season tickets and finally had the money for season tickets in 2012, but were denied since we didn't have enough points (which I understood). 2011 was really the first year where there was an incentive to join Teammakers and that's why it has continued to increase over the years.

No doubt in my mind donations will increase this year with the new section opening up. It will be interesting to see what happens after that as either there will be next to no season tickets out there for football and plenty of tickets for everything else.
    Thank you for communicating that better than I could, and sharing your very real example.... that's exactly what I'm trying to prevent not having an incentive to join and increase donations.

It's like seeing a light at the end of the tunnel but hearing a sound and knowing it's a train.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 05-05-2018 at 05:56 PM.

I was done but figured I am going to add one more point. While I get there are people on Bisonville who are not teammakers it is a crowd passionate about Bison athletics so there is a higher likelihood they are. When you have a group who benefit from a current system and then a majority who don't care those people benefit at any cost, then there won't be change or even an honest discussion. It isn't even when people say you are wrong that tips off you are unwilling to see another perspective, it is when you start calling people crazy.

I can see it from the current perspective and can see the argument it is making more money every year, so it must be working. Yet, they do change the rules every year. Funny, most of them make membership more restrictive. It will plateau, everything does. Will enough be done to secure a donating community.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FYI...I helped tm raise money for the BB project and not just with my checkbook... so stop trying to pigeonhole me. You know nothing about me or who I am and how I've helped team makers in the past or will help them in the future.

By the way I am set with my seats I'm set with my Frisco tickets I'm set i'm set i'm set...., can you f****** read, it's not about me. Okay you're making me go to a place that I don't like to go, but I don't need help with pots.... Trust me.

What I'm talking about is a simple theoretical concept.....more competition will increase donations. Right now we don't have an ideal competitive environment and it will hurt team makers and or cause it to not see the maximize profits it deserves.

Why are you against trying to maximize profits
    This is just your opinion. Youve already said it was theory so quit saying it as fact.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I've been giving you the idea the idea is to create more competition.

I would also shrink down the number of points.... Yeah it's a perception thing but if you're new to team makers and you see people have hundreds of points versus fewer points it plays a mental game on you...people th8nk that they will never make it up. So they don't try.

Also it was a shity idea to get rid of the hospitality tent.
    For the peanuts that it cost to run it, it was well worth it and could be well worth it again. That might be the biggest mistake tea makers has made. ( I tailgate right next to the old team maker spot which now as all of you know has been taken up by a group that's made up of all the former athletes.... And they post signs that say you're not welcome in our tent unless you're a member..... because I tailgate right next to that tent and know many people in that tent I come and go no big deal. However, I also see and hear thevpeople walking by ....you know the ones who stop and stare and the want acsesss..... team makers needs a game day social atmosphere that the general public and those old athletes to mingle).

Finally I love the back handed comment in there...... those type of things are really great for an organization. Don't listen to new ideas and when people bring them ridicule them... Yeah that's a winning combination.

Here's the deal..... looking back over things I've been pretty good at making money so yeah, I'm pretty confident in my ability. If you don't like this idea fine. If you think it's more important to take care of pass athletes than the grow the club to what it possibly could be... Fine.

What many you have shown though is that you're not willing to listen to new ideas
    Weve been listening to you beat this dead horse horse for at least 3 years now. Its not a new idea.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."