Page 44 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    The goal is to increase giving and ppts are used to incenhttp://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39136-2018-Season-Tickets/page21tivize giving. You diminish the incentive when you put a large class of people at a 100 pt deficit.

Point being people bitch....true. But, its not about stopping the bitching it's about creating a system that incentvises more giving. Creating a system with less disparity focused more on what one gives would be better for TM
    Are you sure that was the goal? Or was it to give order to the season ticket process so there wouldnt be bitching about the old boys club and them hoarding tickets. I can tell you from conversations I had that this was the just of those conversations on this subject. It was to give them order and a process-system.

The PPS has turned in to a game of its own since people have now monetized their tickets and points. That wasnt planned.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 05-05-2018 at 02:02 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I think you make a good point TD..... a hundred points is not an entitlement it's a perk. It seems like cm thinks it's an entitlement but I think most understand it's a perk.

The discussion I am trying to hsve is if the 100 pt perk is still useful for team makers and or would reducing that perk be better for team makers.

I think at one time a hundred points made sense because if you're going to grow an organization who best to help build that organization. However, I think the organization has solidified that aspect of its growth. I think they should focus more on Alum now. Thus, I would reduce the varsity letters points and add points for alum. I would do that for a while Until the alum base is solidified.... Are we there yet maybe but I don't think so.
    After solidifying the alum base, I would focus on getting the general public more involved

I think I've laid out a pretty good example of how reducing that number and closing the gap with ppts actually might help team makers attract a new class of donors. As of yet other than people whining no one's made a counter-argument except well except for Trans-Am.

, again this assumes that priority points are meant to be an incentive for giving Which by all accounts it seems that's what team makers intended them to be
    First, nobody claimed to be entitled to the 100 points for being a former letterman winner.

Second, the only person who’s whining is you. You say your not complaining, but reading between the lines, I’m guessing you’re trying to prevent younger former letterwinners from passing you by on the Priority Points list if they join. Here’s the solution to anyone who has that issue, if you have the money, you’ll make it up the list pretty fast. Former athlete or not.

Team Makers is about supporting NDSU Athletics, not priority points.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I explicitly said several times they should have a boost ...perk The discussion is how wide the bost should be and if reducing it is better for teammakers and the current athletes.

The only argument that's going on here is trying to get people to understand this is a strategy discussion and not a personal b****

Herd mantality at it's finest...lol. Btw, i am having fun

Considering you beat this dead horse every year to get your troll going I am sure you are having fun.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    How does Team Makers affect the Drama Club or any other non-athletic Varsity program in its daily function? If those programs had their own respective organization like Team Makers, I would expect that organization to look for ways to keep their former students whom they supported in some way to give back.

What you are asking for is a slippery slope of nonsense. If Team Makers was looking for ways draw former Drama Club members in the same way they are trying to get formers athletes they supported, where does it stop? Does the old ticket-Nazi deserve 100 points too? He sacrificed a lot being out in the cold ticketing every vehicle that might be in some type of violation. Forget that he was paid to do a job, just that he sacrificed his body to do that job instead of something else.

Your argument is total attacking a straw man.
    It wasn't an argument, but you can think what you want. I was simply pointing out giving a wrestler priority points has as much to do about football seats as giving the someone in the drama club the same benefit. Neither have anything to do with football seats. Both entertained people. Some nights the drama club entertained more people. There are some people outside of athletics who even used the Fargodome. So because Teammakers supported athletics, which in turn supported wrestling, wrestlers are entitled to a benefit that yields an advantage for football and basketball tickets. Yes, this is very logical. Former athletes should not need any incentive to join. Whether you received a scholarship or not, every other resource was supported by the very organization who turns around and gives you 100 points as you donate your first $1.

I get that there is nothing I can say where you would see if from any other perspective than you are entitled to those points and you deserve them because teammakers supports athletics even though wrestlers had nothing to do with football. I am not asking for a slippery slope, it is already there. Hey, I get points because I am an athlete too. Shit, intramural athletics gets people watching them and they think they are athletes while they are supported by the same people who support varsity athletics. Student fees go to both and student fees are paying for the facilities for intramural sports so they are not infringing on varsity athletics. They are just as much a part of football seats as wrestlers. Give them their points for participating.

Thank goodness 99.9% of the student/athletes I run into do not act entitled like you do. If they did and publicly acted like petulant children screaming they deserve this, Teammakers would go in the shitter with a quickness.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    It wasn't an argument, but you can think what you want. I was simply pointing out giving a wrestler priority points has as much to do about football seats as giving the someone in the drama club the same benefit. Neither have anything to do with football seats. Both entertained people. Some nights the drama club entertained more people. There are some people outside of athletics who even used the Fargodome. So because Teammakers supported athletics, which in turn supported wrestling, wrestlers are entitled to a benefit that yields an advantage for football and basketball tickets. Yes, this is very logical. Former athletes should not need any incentive to join. Whether you received a scholarship or not, every other resource was supported by the very organization who turns around and gives you 100 points as you donate your first $1.

I get that there is nothing I can say where you would see if from any other perspective than you are entitled to those points and you deserve them because teammakers supports athletics even though wrestlers had nothing to do with football. I am not asking for a slippery slope, it is already there. Hey, I get points because I am an athlete too. Shit, intramural athletics gets people watching them and they think they are athletes while they are supported by the same people who support varsity athletics. Student fees go to both and student fees are paying for the facilities for intramural sports so they are not infringing on varsity athletics. They are just as much a part of football seats as wrestlers. Give them their points for participating.

Thank goodness 99.9% of the student/athletes I run into do not act entitled like you do. If they did and publicly acted like petulant children screaming they deserve this, Teammakers would go in the shitter with a quickness.
    You obviously don't understand how athletics work at the collegiate level. There's a brotherhood/sisterhood among Bison athletes. Most of us all trained in or around the BSA at the same time, spent time together in the training room and all had to attend nightly study hall twice a week as Freshmen. When we run the World's largest wrestling tournament in the FargoDome, who besides NDSU wrestlers work the event? That's right, other NDSU athletes, including those on the football and basketball team. I don't remember Drama Club members being there unless some athletes themselves were in the Drama Club. Remember the flood of 1997? Guess what every NDSU athlete, coach and administrator were doing together during that time - filling sandbags, delivering sandbags and, eventually, removing the sandbags. Sorry, but not sorry, you don't belong to certain group unless you put your time in and wore the uniform, and yes, the relationship between athletes is closer than you think. So you can take that Drama Club to wrestler analogy and "pound sand."

The logical reason, and again, check with the Team Makers for their actual reason for the 100 points for former athletes who donate, is maybe to get a return on investment. I know for a fact that I've given NDSU, and Team Makers, way more than I received. The 100 points does very little for me as I don't get a benefit for having them. I live too far away. Therefore, where do you and MAKBison keep coming up with the idea that I'm claiming entitlement?

Those points were given to me and will be given to any other former letterman winner who joins the club. You and MAKBison can be bitter about it, but those 100 points don't mean anything unless those athletes continue to give a lot every year. 100 points does not get any former letterman winner automatic season tickets or tickets to Frisco. You still need a lot more points than that. Those benefits go to those who deserve them the most, the big-time donors.
    Hail the BISON!!!

You obviously don't understand how athletics work at the collegiate level. There's a brotherhood/sisterhood among Bison athletes. Most of us all trained in or around the BSA at the same time, spent time together in the training room and all had to attend nightly study hall twice a week as Freshmen. When we run the World's largest wrestling tournament in the FargoDome, who besides NDSU wrestlers work the event? That's right, other NDSU athletes, including those on the football and basketball team. I don't remember Drama Club members being there unless some athletes themselves were in the Drama Club. Remember the flood of 1997? Guess what every NDSU athlete, coach and administrator were doing together during that time - filling sandbags, delivering sandbags and, eventually, removing the sandbags. Sorry, but not sorry, you don't belong to certain group unless you put your time in and wore the uniform, and yes, the relationship between athletes is closer than you think. So you can take that Drama Club to wrestler analogy and "pound sand."

The logical reason, and again, check with the Team Makers for their actual reason for the 100 points for former athletes who donate, is maybe to get a return on investment. I know for a fact that I've given NDSU, and Team Makers, way more than I received. The 100 points does very little for me as I don't get a benefit for having them. I live too far away. Therefore, where do you and MAKBison keep coming up with the idea that I'm claiming entitlement?

Those points were given to me and will be given to any other former letterman winner who joins the club. You and MAKBison can be bitter about it, but those 100 points don't mean anything unless those athletes continue to give a lot every year. 100 points does not get any former letterman winner automatic season tickets or tickets to Frisco. You still need a lot more points than that. Those benefits go to those who deserve them the most, the big-time donors.
    Your so full of shit, I worked that wrestling tournament several times once not for pay....Joel can vouch. So while you cant see it or fail to acknowledge it other pitch in.

Your entitled because you keep telling us how its owed to you versus just appreciating the perk. It's not owed to you, but it is great TM can afford to do it . There may be a time they can't do it for future athletes or it just does not make sense. Is that time now, I am not sure, but if TM wants to increase donations and thinks priority points is they way to do it the time will come.

TM is about funding the current team not about ensuring your brother/sister hood is intact. If that's what you want form a new group. It's that kind of speech that enforces the good old boys club perception

Chris i am not sure why you cant hear this......it's not about you and I, its about the future....get over yourself already.

Also please stop thinking you know who I am or my sitistion..... I can assure you i personally don't need any assistance getting tickets.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 05-05-2018 at 02:55 AM.

Solid ... that is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Are you sure that was the goal? Or was it to give order to the season ticket process so there wouldnt be bitching about the old boys club and them hoarding tickets. I can tell you from conversations I had that this was the just of those conversations on this subject. It was to give them order and a process-system.

The PPS has turned in to a game of its own since people have now monetized their tickets and points. That wasnt planned.
    I do not doubt that at all. Which is why I have been very careful to say if ppts are an incentive. What's clear is ppts are incentive.

Your so full of shit, I worked that wrestling tournament several times once not for pay....Joel can vouch. So while you cant see it or fail to acknowledge it other pitch in.

Your entitled because you keep telling us how its owed to you versus just appreciating the perk. It's not owed to you, but it is helpful TM can afford to do it . There may be a time they can't do it for future athletes or it just does not make sense. Is that time now, I am not sure, but if TM wants to increase donations and thinks priority points is they way to do it the time will come. Chris its not about you and I, its about the future. Get over yourself already and stop thinking you know other folks motives. I can assure you i personally don't need any assistance getting tickets.
    First, the athletes who work our event, get paid, just like Joel does. You volunteered - big difference. Same thing happens our other big events. For example, guess who works security at the UNI-Dome? The football team for one.

Second, I didn't say Team Makers OWED me points, nor did I say anything about entitlement. I'm arguing over the stance that former lettermen winners don't deserve it, especially in regards to being compared to Drama Club/intramural students. Not all college students are the same.

Lastly, where did I say it was about me? I'm posted more than once that the points do very little for me. As a former athlete, I'm standing up for the athletes. Something you seem, by your own posts, have a disdain for now because of 100 points. You claim marketing strategy is your point, but the truth is, it bothers you. As I stated before, if the 100 points given to former lettermen winners was an issue for new members, then Team Makers would not be growing every year. Your point is moot.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I can't believe this is a big deal to some people. I'm not a former athlete and I have no problem with the 100 points. The percentage of former athletes that take advantage of them is fairly small, I'm guessing. Also, 100 points don't go very far anyway. Writing checks will do more for people than bitching.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!