Page 43 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    To put it more simply, if he had donated what I have over the years he’d have no problem getting season or Frisco tickets, even without the 100 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is true. Even with my 100 points and 41 other points via donations, I'm probably not even sniffing season tickets. In regards to Frisco, I buy mine in Aug/Sept. I'm just glad I can get up to eight tickets per season due to my yearly donation as this satisfies my need to attend one home game a year.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    First off, itt's not bitching. Its merely's a discussion of how to increase donations ...if this is bitching then you are certainly virtue signaling.

So lets stop pretending to know each other's intentions and assume it's about increasing donations.

,, it's been said on this site that 100 points is worth either 5 or $6,000 I don't care to go back and find it.

Assuming that number is true that's just the come even point. Let's assume cass and I are typical donors. Let's assume Cass and I both donate $5,000 a year. To be able to compete with Cass, I have to donate $10,000.

If you don't think you're going to lose a large segment of people then you're kidding yourself. It's a kin to a credit card giving you mileage points that you can never utalize.

again that's based on the assumption that priority points are the incentive to give.
    If you don't think ex athletes deserve a boost your just silly and with all other conversations with you.... It's not a conversation as your opinions or interpretation is always the correct one this is a discussion forum and you dont discuss ..... Why are you here? To argue have fun bro

So we have had some claim entitlement to points because they sacrificed more than other students. Someone else said their entitled because of the entertainment value. I suppose there are some that are in the just because crowd.

There are students at NDSU who sacrificed a lot more than any student/athlete to pay for college. Yes, pretty much ANY.

There are students in other areas of NDSU who entertained more people than a very large number of student/athletes. Where are their points?

The only reason that makes sense is just because. Because you really can't make the distinction between being a wrestler and football seats or being in the drama club and football seats. But if they want wrestling seats, a wrestler should be golden. So it's just because.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    If you don't think ex athletes deserve a boost your just silly and with all other conversations with you.... It's not a conversation as your opinions or interpretation is always the correct one this is a discussion forum and you dont discuss ..... Why are you here? To argue have fun bro
    I explicitly said several times they should have a boost ...perk The discussion is how wide the bost should be and if reducing it is better for teammakers and the current athletes.

The only argument that's going on here is trying to get people to understand this is a strategy discussion and not a personal b****

Herd mantality at it's finest...lol. Btw, i am having fun

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    When NDSU began offering full cost of attendance a couple of years ago, I was asked if I would consider making a donation to make this possible. How many priority points I would get for making a commitment never crossed my mind. What was important was that NDSU was offering this benefit across all sports and I understood the importance of that.

Maybe I'm looking at this differentently than others. The point program didnt existed when I joined.
    Well i think that's a differnt argument and why i prefeced it with if ppts are supposed to be an incentive. For me personaly they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    This isn't completely true. To compete with CAS, you would have either donate an extra $5,000 once over a period of time or had participated as an athlete and earned a letter. Based on how much physical and mental punishment our athletes go through, the extra $5,000 donation is the easier route. Until one understands what a bitch it is to go through that time, they shouldn't bitch at all. CAS put in his time and got 100 points for it, but that's not the reason why he donates. 100 points or not, he's still giving - much like every other former athletes that are Team Makers today. To me the 100 points are a nice token from the school that says they appreciated my time there (even if I hated it at the time).
    You presume to know me when you don't have a clue and yeah the high horse comment was aimed right at u. I had the option to be a cowboy and wrestle in Wyoming instead i choose to go into the military....i got plenty of broken body parts so yeah i get it.....its a nice perk. But WTF this has nothing to do with what i am saying. Your past sacerfice is not the point. the point is there's going to come a time (it may have come) when team makers is putting itself at a loss for extending that token or at least that large of a token to srudent athletes.

If that's the case are you gonna reduce your token for the greater good of the current athletes or you gunna whine and bitch about it.

Just for the record I actually wouldn't make this retroactive if you're an athlete and you were in during the time when team makers gave a hundred points then you get that hundred points until you die ( no willing the account to your kids) or stop being a tm. however new athletes that join TM today should get fewer points... That is if you want to make priority points more of an incentive for others
    Last edited by MAKBison; 05-04-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    So we have had some claim entitlement to points because they sacrificed more than other students. Someone else said their entitled because of the entertainment value. I suppose there are some that are in the just because crowd.

There are students at NDSU who sacrificed a lot more than any student/athlete to pay for college. Yes, pretty much ANY.

There are students in other areas of NDSU who entertained more people than a massive number of student/athletes. Where are their points?

The only reason that makes sense is just because. Because you really can't make the distinction between being a wrestler and football seats or being in the drama club and football seats. But if they want wrestling seats, a wrestler should be golden. So it's just because.

I think you make a good point TD..... a hundred points is not an entitlement it's a perk. It seems like cm thinks it's an entitlement but I think most understand it's a perk.

The discussion I am trying to hsve is if the 100 pt perk is still useful for team makers and or would reducing that perk be better for team makers.

I think at one time a hundred points made sense because if you're going to grow an organization who best to help build that organization. However, I think the organization has solidified that aspect of its growth. I think they should focus more on Alum now. Thus, I would reduce the varsity letters points and add points for alum. I would do that for a while Until the alum base is solidified.... Are we there yet maybe but I don't think so.
    After solidifying the alum base, I would focus on getting the general public more involved

I think I've laid out a pretty good example of how reducing that number and closing the gap with ppts actually might help team makers attract a new class of donors. As of yet other than people whining no one's made a counter-argument except well except for Trans-Am.

, again this assumes that priority points are meant to be an incentive for giving Which by all accounts it seems that's what team makers intended them to be
    Last edited by MAKBison; 05-04-2018 at 11:14 PM.

The off-season is in full swing.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    You presume to know me when you don't have a clue and yeah the high horse comment was aimed right at u. I had the option to be a cowboy and wrestle in Wyoming instead i choose to go into the military....i got plenty of broken body parts so yeah i get it.....its a nice perk. But WTF this has nothing to do with what i am saying. Your past sacerfice is not the point. the point is there's going to come a time (it may have come) when team makers is putting itself at a loss for extending that token or at least that large of a token to srudent athletes.

If that's the case are you gonna reduce your token for the greater good of the current athletes or you gunna whine and bitch about it.

Just for the record I actually wouldn't make this retroactive if you're an athlete and you were in during the time when team makers gave a hundred points then you get that hundred points until you die ( no willing the account to your kids) or stop being a tm. however new athletes that join TM today should get fewer points... That is if you want to make priority points more of an incentive for others
    Being that you are the only person I've heard complain about former athletes getting 100 points for being letterwinners, you're the only person I'm going to call BS on. I and many other former Bison athletes, didn't join Team Makers because of the points. For most of us, these came later. Why? My guess is draw more former athletes to donate back the organization that gave to them while they were athletes. Team Makers will be answer that question correctly.

Whether you were planning to be an athlete elsewhere, or joined military instead, the fact is you didn't wear the uniform. Mr. Simmers did and understands what is to be a Bison athlete as a football player and wrestler. I'll take his opinion over yours in regards to how the organization he's a part of awards former letterwinners. As stated before, the 100 points formers get for being letterwinners isn't going to affect you or anyone that donates a lot simply because the former athletes have to join first and keep donating every year. Looking at the list I posted earlier, that isn't happening a whole lot base on the number of Team Makers compared to how many former Bison letter winners are out there.

Therefore, your hypothesis that people are going to stop donating to Team Makers because former letter winners get 100 points is false. The number of Team Makers keeps increasing each year, not diminishing.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post

There are students in other areas of NDSU who entertained more people than a very large number of student/athletes. Where are their points?

How does Team Makers affect the Drama Club or any other non-athletic Varsity program in its daily function? If those programs had their own respective organization like Team Makers, I would expect that organization to look for ways to keep their former students whom they supported in some way to give back.

What you are asking for is a slippery slope of nonsense. If Team Makers was looking for ways draw former Drama Club members in the same way they are trying to get formers athletes they supported, where does it stop? Does the old ticket-Nazi deserve 100 points too? He sacrificed a lot being out in the cold ticketing every vehicle that might be in some type of violation. Forget that he was paid to do a job, just that he sacrificed his body to do that job instead of something else.

Your argument is total attacking a straw man.
    Hail the BISON!!!