Page 40 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

(StheFU) What!!!!!! all of a sudden you don't know the answer......bv has gone full circle. Time to retire it.

Lol. Sorry but it was too good of a set up.....all in good fun!

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I could live with that. Would varsity letters still be at 100? I would lower the vl amount,...not because I value the athlete any less but because incentives only work if they have real value. If you want to attract more, you have to make it so there is more equality. (Currently a none VL has to donate 6k just to get even to a VL. So assuming that VL also has an extra 6k to give, the none vl really has to donate 12k to be competitive.

It's like a race, if your too far behind you just give up. But, if your right there with the other person you run harder....in this case give more

I think 6k prices the average guy out of it i am certain 12k does .... There is no incentive to stay in the race if you cant win.

Of course you could get rid of ppts all together, but it seems TM see them as value added and used them as an incentive. Imo they are just using them wrong.

I would give a few pts for a degree, a few more for being a VL, a point for continuous support and points for a few other contributions, but more importantly points are earned by donating. Keep the pack closer and watch them compete...give.

Of course if you want to look at it as a race then so be it. But one thing I have learned is you cant be all things to all people in the donation game..

The saying is----Everyone will be treated fairly. That doesnt mean everyone will treated equally.

Everyone has different economics. How they prioritize those economics is their decision. If they give up thats also their decision . You are always going to lose a few along the way. There isnt a successful program out there that doent have the same issues and same bitches about there fund raising arm and tickets.

Of course you could get rid of the pps all together and then people would really be bitching about the old boys club. Then you would really have to know somebody to get tickets. Be careful for what you wish for.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 05-04-2018 at 06:49 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Your donations to TM that is tied to your seats are no longer deductible. You also only got 80% because that donation was REQUIRED to obtain tickets. The other funds are not REQUIRED and are 100% deductible.

This is what I was told.
    I'm not sure if anything is deductible any more, but I run into a different problem and I think most others do as well. Deducting things like this only work if you itemize, which I don't do. Standard deduction is way better and makes even more sense now that the standard deduction has been increased.

I deduct farm business expenses but I doubt the IRS would believe I'm at the game to improve my farming skills. So, no deductions for me on this.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Disclaimer: I am not a tax professional

Prior to 2018, you could deduct 80% of the seating obligation and 100% of anything else.
    Starting in 2018, the tax code eliminated the 80% rule above and changed it to 0%. Anything else is still 100% deductible if you itemize.

533 In a row

Do they update your priority ranking everytime they update your points?

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    Do they update your priority ranking everytime they update your points?
    Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Yes.
    Not quite, per Pat Simmers,
    Me: "Mine was showing 1831 when I had 14 points listed and it still shows 1831 with the 28 points. Maybe there is a date when they're all updated? Just wondering where I stand"

Reply: "Foundation points are added manually, so it will not be immediate. They might have to do the rank separately when all points are updated."

And with my ranking not changing when showing two separate point values, it doesnt seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Of course if you want to look at it as a race then so be it. But one thing I have learned is you cant be all things to all people in the donation game..

The saying is----Everyone will be treated fairly. That doesnt mean everyone will treated equally.

Everyone has different economics. How they prioritize those economics is their decision. If they give up thats also their decision . You are always going to lose a few along the way. There isnt a successful program out there that doent have the same issues and same bitches about there fund raising arm and tickets.

Of course you could get rid of the pps all together and then people would really be bitching about the old boys club. Then you would really have to know somebody to get tickets. Be careful for what you wish for.
    The goal is to increase giving and ppts are used to incentivize giving. You diminish the incentive when you put a large class of people at a 100 pt deficit.

Point being people bitch....true. But, its not about stopping the bitching it's about creating a system that incentvises more giving. Creating a system with less disparity focused more on what one gives would be better for TM

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    The goal is to increase giving and ppts are used to incentivize giving. You diminish the incentive when you put a large class of people at a 100 pt deficit.
    They only get those points if they join. And I would think Teammakers benefits more from them joining than the average joe. Sure, I think it would be nice if we got points for degrees earned...but I also understand this would make it a more difficult process.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Disclaimer: I am not a tax professional

Prior to 2018, you could deduct 80% of the seating obligation and 100% of anything else.
    Starting in 2018, the tax code eliminated the 80% rule above and changed it to 0%. Anything else is still 100% deductible if you itemize.
    I guess the question is why the elimination.
    Is the seating obligation NTD because it was an obligation or because there was an asset attached to it.

If the former, life is good. If the later, that kinds sucks....no deduction for anything associated with ppts.

But like has been stated.... with the standard deduction being doubled many who once itemized my now just go the standardized route.