Page 31 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    It's hard to compete with the 100 pts past athletes get . I think they should get something but 100 pts is too much. Imo it discourages others from even trying. I would think scaling that back to 25 would be wiser.
    100 points is 5 grand in donations. That doesn't seem out of line to me.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    The question is not really the amount of points they get. But rather how many former student athletes become Team Makers and actually make use of the points.

Seems like some of you young folk ought to partner up with some recent graduate athletes in order to get ahead in the system. Call it Team Maker Hacking!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Seems like some of you young folk ought to partner up with some recent graduate athletes in order to get ahead in the system. Call it Team Maker Hacking!

Come on CyPanth . Time to get your Bison season tickets. It will only hurt a little bit but with some Jag, it will all be good.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Exactly. My bet is it’s less than 1000, probably much less. And I’ll take two good knees, a left hip, and half a brain from anyone that wants my 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are a lot of people your age with health problems. The same people who have to spend $5000 more than you to simply catch up are the same ones who paid for you to go to college. Then you have alumni who not only are paying for student/athletes to attend college but a lot of them are still paying for their own way through and they get to start at a disadvantage as a booster. The student/athlete is also given a lot of support to succeed like tutors on their schedule which comes out of budgets like student fees. Mary Sue who is working full time to pay her way through misses out on some of that support because it is only available during times she is working for her rent money. In the grand scheme of things, what makes your college experience worth $5k more than hers?

For the most part, I don't think there is any system that would be more fair than teammakers when it comes to seating and tickets. If there is a merit based system earning points predicated on the level of giving, then the most fair way to start would be for everyone at zero or to acknowledge the college experience is just as valuable for one as it is the other regardless of athletics and allow all alumni points based on their attendance. The precedent has already been set. There is something outside of money that is worth points in this system.

I know you are going to get cranky about what I am saying, I am just pointing out there are a lot of different perspectives. I also don't see you as one who comes from a sense of entitlement either. I think you do appreciate there are many different ways people manage to navigate their way through college. Especially someone like you who took their education a step further. Having the ability to participate in something a majority of the student body would never be able to do is also worth an advantage over those same people when the day everyone crosses the same graduation line and their status as an alumni should be reset to equal across the board?

Wow, I had more to say than I thought I did. I do type really fast. Mostly I think athletes probably don't make much of a dent in teammakers when it comes to where everyone stands. They could if they wanted to because while 100 points in itself won't get you very far, it is a nice starting point. It is also group that shouldn't really need any incentive to join.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    There are a lot of people your age with health problems. The same people who have to spend $5000 more than you to simply catch up are the same ones who paid for you to go to college. Then you have alumni who not only are paying for student/athletes to attend college but a lot of them are still paying for their own way through and they get to start at a disadvantage as a booster. The student/athlete is also given a lot of support to succeed like tutors on their schedule which comes out of budgets like student fees. Mary Sue who is working full time to pay her way through misses out on some of that support because it is only available during times she is working for her rent money. In the grand scheme of things, what makes your college experience worth $5k more than hers?

For the most part, I don't think there is any system that would be more fair than teammakers when it comes to seating and tickets. If there is a merit based system earning points predicated on the level of giving, then the most fair way to start would be for everyone at zero or to acknowledge the college experience is just as valuable for one as it is the other regardless of athletics and allow all alumni points based on their attendance. The precedent has already been set. There is something outside of money that is worth points in this system.

I know you are going to get cranky about what I am saying, I am just pointing out there are a lot of different perspectives. I also don't see you as one who comes from a sense of entitlement either. I think you do appreciate there are many different ways people manage to navigate their way through college. Especially someone like you who took their education a step further. Having the ability to participate in something a majority of the student body would never be able to do is also worth an advantage over those same people when the day everyone crosses the same graduation line and their status as an alumni should be reset to equal across the board?

Wow, I had more to say than I thought I did. I do type really fast. Mostly I think athletes probably don't make much of a dent in teammakers when it comes to where everyone stands. They could if they wanted to because while 100 points in itself won't get you very far, it is a nice starting point. It is also group that shouldn't really need any incentive to join.
    I’ve stated here several times that I’m paying back what was given to me. The vast, vast majority of former athletes that are season ticket holders/TMs say and are doing the same thing. It’s called loyalty and brotherhood. Can the same be said about all of those/larger pool of students who received academic and or other sorts of scholarships? I doubt it. And, btw, I received both athletic and academic money, and have already paid back every cent, and now paying forward, which, again, is what the majority of former athletes are or have done.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Ummm.... all I was really wondering... is "what" qualifies a person to get MISC points?
    It seriously is "listed" that way.... at the bottom of the list:

.... Foundation Gifts to University (1pt/$1000) -
    .... NDSU Varsity Letterwinner (100pts) -
    .... Miscellaneous Points -
    (I really thought someone was going to say something funny about this.... but you guys got all "serious" on me.)

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Ummm.... all I was really wondering... is "what" qualifies a person to get MISC points?

(I really thought someone was going to say something funny about this.... but you guys got all "serious" on me.)
    Well, I know a handful of former FB players that have set up endowments. Maybe that fits the “misc” category.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Well, I know a handful of former FB players that have set up endowments. Maybe that fits the “misc” category.

We have in the past donated a handmade Bison quilt and feather art to some of the fund raisers. They take what the retail value might be and convert it to points. I dont know if thats concidered In Kind donation or misc. I will have to check.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Endowments for athletic scholarships get 1 point for every $100 donated. Academic endowments through the NDSU Foundation get 1 point for every $1000 donated. Neither fall into the misc category.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post

Before I joined TM, when I'd get a call from an NDSU student, usually in December wanting money for academic scholarships I would donate $20-50 but always specify that it had to go to men's athletics. After I joined TM, I eventually got credit for those donations and 1 point for every $100 seems right.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA