Page 90 of 112 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Do you have any info on increasing seating in the dome that is being looked into that isn't already known? Not being snarky...just hopeful you might have some insight.
    I can say that NDSU wishes it had more seats to sell. They really do. They have looked at every angle of what can and cant be done. With that being said I havent heard anything new.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Does NDSU really know? Seems they don't share any of the information......and alumni, fans and the public in general shouldn't have to ask. Your comment of costing 250 to 450 million for 2000 to 4000 more fans is total bullshit. Just quit protecting your buds at NDSU who continue to sit on their hands doing nothing.
    Your ignorance is astounding
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Does NDSU really know? Seems they don't share any of the information......and alumni, fans and the public in general shouldn't have to ask. Your comment of costing 250 to 450 million for 2000 to 4000 more fans is total bullshit. Just quit protecting your buds at NDSU who continue to sit on their hands doing nothing.
    How are they sitting on their hands? Do you not pay attention to all the facilities being built at NDSU or just focus on the FargoDome and its tailgating lot? A lot is being done at the school despite getting their budgets cut.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    What's the difference? Take out the fact that building a new stadium is a massive investment because I agree that even if they sell out Target Field it doesn't justify by itself the cost of a major Fargodome renovation or for a new Fargodome replacement being built but if they have the demand to sell 35-40k tickets to this game in Minneapolis I'd say that's a very strong indicator that the demand is there for 25-30k tickets in Fargo and I think I'm being conservative with that estimate. I'm saying that, if supply caught up to or surpassed demand for NDSU football tickets, you'd have quite a bit more than a couple thousand more tickets sold per game that were requested for season tickets but denied this offseason.
    If they onlt sell 30,000 tickets what would that tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If they onlt sell 30,000 tickets what would that tell you?
    That demand for games in Fargo probably would be 20-25k on average if supply met demand. That's why I think it'll be really interesting to see how full they can make that place. It may be they struggle to sell 30k tickets... or it may be they sell out. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    How are they sitting on their hands? Do you not pay attention to all the facilities being built at NDSU or just focus on the FargoDome and its tailgating lot? A lot is being done at the school despite getting their budgets cut.
    I believe this topic was about lack of football tickets and the forever limitation of fargodome capacity plays a big part in making that a reality.

That demand for games in Fargo probably would be 20-25k on average if supply met demand. That's why I think it'll be really interesting to see how full they can make that place. It may be they struggle to sell 30k tickets... or it may be they sell out. We shall see.
    They would do better if it was going to be more of a challenge for the Bison.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I agree.... that 20k-25k is realistic.

The thing is NDSU knows that they might be able to get to 25K BUT you are not going to build a 25k stadium. You would have to build at least a 30k looking to the future. Plus its got to have a dome. Thats the reality of playing in Fargo and getting fans to the games.. So we are stuck with small increments in seating until something better can be found.

I agree with the point you are trying to make but this Butler game is a poor example. Actually, we already proved how many Bison fans could be tapped from the Minneapolis area with the 2006 and 2007 Gopher games and that was over 10 years ago before the big championship run. All the reasonable priced and available tickets at the metrodome helped make that possible. Just think if NDSU was doing more than just taking a student section away where tickets cost in the hundreds of dollars per game? How about some reasonable priced nosebleed seats in a bigger NDSU football stadium? I could see 10,000 more fans for several games each year.

What? your numbers are waaay off. Ive heard they could fill a stadium of 50000, every week, even on away games, on hunting weekends in an open air stadium in December.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club