Page 89 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    My argument is that the market may be larger than we think because the perception is there that there are no tickets available. When you hear every game is a sellout, tickets are snatched up in minutes, most people assume that tickets aren't available. That is good for people who understand the reality of the situation better (less competition for the available seats) but it may suggest that the place could support a larger stadium (or higher ticket prices). In my own case, I don't look very hard for tickets. I live near the cities. I am not going to drive up there without an assurance of a ticket (meaning I am not going to wander around the lot looking for one).
    I will reiterate my point that if the demand was as high as some claim here, then yes, the FargoDome and the City would be making immediate plans to expand somehow. They know the demand, I don't, but I do know that if the demand is around 1,500 extra tickets, then expanding is not worth it. Any type of expansion is going to be costly.

I don't know how many no shows there are every week, but during games I've attended, I've got to guess there is between 200 and 500 empty seats. For the Broncos games, there usually is at least a few thousand no shows (a few hundred during the Manning-years).
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You are making a statement and treating it as fact when its nothing more than an uninformed opinion or assumption.
    Do you have any info on increasing seating in the dome that is being looked into that isn't already known? Not being snarky...just hopeful you might have some insight.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I dont think a gimick game in a high population area has any bearing on the supposed demand for season tickets or singles game tickets.
    Why not? There's going to be several components of tickets sales for that game that have not been seen in the market for NDSU football tickets in probably 7 or 8 years by that time:

• There won't be any limits on how many tickets you can get (or at least it'll be a lot higher than the 4 ticket limit on single game sales we have now).
    • People won't have to be online at the exact moment tickets go on sale (or lined up hours beforehand at the ticket office) in order to get them.
    • You won't have to be an NDSU athletics donor to have a shot (even if it's only a perceived shot - perception is reality) at getting tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I'm guessing the Twins will be involved in the marketing of the game. They will most likely make more money on the game than NDSU will.
    They already have non Twins events there regularly and their marketing (Twins marketing department directly) is far from stellar. Unless you think a FB post or two is full on marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Manitoba View Post
    For that matter, not only have I not yet received any word on my ticket request, but not even an issue of Bison Illustrated. Anyone else? I made my TM donation in March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're complaining about that?

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    My argument is that the market may be larger than we think because the perception is there that there are no tickets available. When you hear every game is a sellout, tickets are snatched up in minutes, most people assume that tickets aren't available. That is good for people who understand the reality of the situation better (less competition for the available seats) but it may suggest that the place could support a larger stadium (or higher ticket prices). In my own case, I don't look very hard for tickets. I live near the cities. I am not going to drive up there without an assurance of a ticket (meaning I am not going to wander around the lot looking for one).

NDSU knows what the market is and what the market will bear. NDSU knows how many more season tickets they can sell. Plans have been brought forward of what can and what cant be done to the FD. The costs involved for minor and major renovations. Then consider the ROI. Now consider that NDSU doesnt own the FD.

Lets now look at your statement that I highlighted. The FD isnt going to invest taxpayer money to increase seating for the casual fan.

Now lets look at what NDSU could do? Do you think it would be a good investment to spend 250-450 million on a new stadium to accommodate 2-4k extra fans? The ROI just doesnt work out.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Why not? There's going to be several components of tickets sales for that game that have not been seen in the market for NDSU football tickets in probably 7 or 8 years by that time:

• There won't be any limits on how many tickets you can get (or at least it'll be a lot higher than the 4 ticket limit on single game sales we have now).
    • People won't have to be online at the exact moment tickets go on sale (or lined up hours beforehand at the ticket office) in order to get them.
    • You won't have to be an NDSU athletics donor to have a shot (even if it's only a perceived shot - perception is reality) at getting tickets.
    You are listing why it will be successful. That does not gauge what real demand is.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Manitoba View Post
    For that matter, not only have I not yet received any word on my ticket request, but not even an issue of Bison Illustrated. Anyone else? I made my TM donation in March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got refused at the border since it didn't have any "hawkey" items in it. But if USPS has problems with Scotties near the border, guessing Canada Post has all kinds of problems since they can't even be expected to deliver a letter in a reasonable amount of time.

You are listing why it will be successful. That does not gauge what real demand is.
    What's the difference? Take out the fact that building a new stadium is a massive investment because I agree that even if they sell out Target Field it doesn't justify by itself the cost of a major Fargodome renovation or for a new Fargodome replacement being built but if they have the demand to sell 35-40k tickets to this game in Minneapolis I'd say that's a very strong indicator that the demand is there for 25-30k tickets in Fargo and I think I'm being conservative with that estimate. I'm saying that, if supply caught up to or surpassed demand for NDSU football tickets, you'd have quite a bit more than a couple thousand more tickets sold per game that were requested for season tickets but denied this offseason.

[/B]
    NDSU knows what the market is and what the market will bear. NDSU knows how many more season tickets they can sell. Plans have been brought forward of what can and what cant be done to the FD. The costs involved for minor and major renovations. Then consider the ROI. Now consider that NDSU doesnt own the FD.

Lets now look at your statement that I highlighted. The FD isnt going to invest taxpayer money to increase seating for the casual fan.

Now lets look at what NDSU could do? Do you think it would be a good investment to spend 250-450 million on a new stadium to accommodate 2-4k extra fans? The ROI just doesnt work out.
    Does NDSU really know? Seems they don't share any of the information......and alumni, fans and the public in general shouldn't have to ask. Your comment of costing 250 to 450 million for 2000 to 4000 more fans is total bullshit. Just quit protecting your buds at NDSU who continue to sit on their hands doing nothing.