Page 88 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    So who can’t get tickets? Season tickets, yes they are limited. However, getting tickets to any game, home or away, are fairly easy to get. Sometimes it takes a little work and an extra few bucks, but it is still easy to get tickets to every single Bison game.

I’ve traveled to Fargo the past four or five years to attend at least one football game, and have yet to see the FargoDome with every seat filled. Yes, the game is technically sold out, but there are still numerous ways to get in the game. It’s the same issue we have at Mile High Stadium for Broncos games. The place has been sold out consecutively since 1970, but if anyone really wants to go they can get in. This is the twelfth season I’ve bought season tickets, and have rarely seen my section (534) at the 50 yard line at 100% capacity.

If the demand for tickets was as bad as some here claim it to be, the City and FargoDome would be doing something about it. Leaving five to ten thousand tickets per game at premium price would be too much money to pass up on. The reality of the issue is it probably isn’t that bad. I’m guessing the actual demand is around 1,500 tickets per game. That demand might not be big enough to make it cost effective to expand the seating in the FargoDome.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    My argument is that the market may be larger than we think because the perception is there that there are no tickets available. When you hear every game is a sellout, tickets are snatched up in minutes, most people assume that tickets aren't available. That is good for people who understand the reality of the situation better (less competition for the available seats) but it may suggest that the place could support a larger stadium (or higher ticket prices). In my own case, I don't look very hard for tickets. I live near the cities. I am not going to drive up there without an assurance of a ticket (meaning I am not going to wander around the lot looking for one).
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    With 9 games played there every year I bet NDSU has some leverage if they would use it. But all those in position to make a difference are too much status quo and living in the dark ages.
    Leverage to do what? To ask the taxpayers of Fargo or ND for 200M plus to build a new open air stadium? Dream all you want but it's never going to happen. Flood control plus other needs are far above a new stadium.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Your flawed assumption is that the number of dedicated fans will remain the same during this "run" (quite confident serious fans are on the rise), and that this "run" will dramatically end versus just a few wavering years of barely making playoffs and early exits. Also, you assume a significant number of people will give up their season tickets when we all know they are held onto dearly since nearly impossible to get back. Nowhere else in America does a successful storied program sit on a small football venue and refuse to even dream bigger anytime in the foreseeable future. Just sad, period.
    I did not make either of the assumptions that you say are flawed. No one knows the future for sure, how long this unprecedented run will last, and what kind of decline will take place. No one here knows how much ticket prices will rise and the impact it will have. Wait for a few down years in a row and we will know for sure how many "dedicated fans" there will be and the impact that losing will have.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    This aurgument is coming up on its 10 year anniversary.
    True, but that does not make the argument false.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

For that matter, not only have I not yet received any word on my ticket request, but not even an issue of Bison Illustrated. Anyone else? I made my TM donation in March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Manitoba View Post
    For that matter, not only have I not yet received any word on my ticket request, but not even an issue of Bison Illustrated. Anyone else? I made my TM donation in March.

They did set a minimum donation to get BI, but don't remember how much.

Quote Originally Posted by Manitoba View Post

Loaf doesn't ever get his copy so he goes around collecting copies belonging to other people.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Your flawed assumption is that the number of dedicated fans will remain the same during this "run" (quite confident serious fans are on the rise), and that this "run" will dramatically end versus just a few wavering years of barely making playoffs and early exits. Also, you assume a significant number of people will give up their season tickets when we all know they are held onto dearly since nearly impossible to get back. Nowhere else in America does a successful storied program sit on a small football venue and refuse to even dream bigger anytime in the foreseeable future. Just sad, period.
    you’re making a lot of sense. The attitude of “we can’t have that” is pretty ingrained. Almost anywhere else in the USA this too small of stadium thing would get solved. It won’t happen here and the city of Fargo will continue to reap the benefits leaving things as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The Butler game at Target Field next year will be a good case study to see what the ticket demand truly is. They should be able to sell almost 40k tickets to that game if necessary. If they can get near that number for a game 230 miles from Fargo in a baseball stadium against a garbage opponent I think it's safe to say demand is significantly higher than just those who put in season ticket requests this year.
    I dont think a gimick game in a high population area has any bearing on the supposed demand for season tickets or singles game tickets.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Its seem you are the one with flawed assumptions. You have been barking at the moon for sometime with your assumption that NDSU has been sitting back resting on their laurels and just doing nothing. Youve been saying this as far back as I can remember. Have you ever considered looking back and realize what has been done over the last 5-6 years? Just within this last year youve been espousing the same mantra that NDSU is doing nothing and has no vision. What projects were just announced with in the last couple of months? Does the plans for a new IPF ring a bell? What other projects? New Softball field ring a bell. There are also a few more.
    You keep saying NDSU has no vision,they dont dream of a bigger venue, they havent looked in to it etc etc etc.
    Why do you keep repeating this uninformed and untruthful rhetoric?
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 07-13-2018 at 05:26 PM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

With 9 games played there every year I bet NDSU has some leverage if they would use it. But all those in position to make a difference are too much status quo and living in the dark ages.
    You are making a statement and treating it as fact when its nothing more than an uninformed opinion or assumption.