Page 39 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Huh? Any TM donation above the seat dues is still deductible, No?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am under the impression donations attached to seats or used for a priority point that might be used to get tickets etc are not deductable. Anyone know for sure

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I am under the impression donations attached to seats or used for a priority point are not deductable. Anyone know for sure
    Makes no sense. Then any donation that has PPs attaches isn’t deductible, so Pat’s post about donating to other funds wouldn’t work either—basically nothing would.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Makes no sense. Then any donation that has PPs attaches isn’t deductible, so Pat’s post about donating to other funds wouldn’t work either—basically nothing would.

Right....pats post makes no sense to me. but, I am not sure about the rule.....I could be lost entirely.

How it was explained to me was that if one receives a benefit from a "charitable donation" it's is no longer considered charitable giving and thus not eligible for a tax break. A pp is a benafit.

I am under the impression donations attached to seats or used for a priority point that might be used to get tickets etc are not deductable. Anyone know for sure
    Your donations to TM that is tied to your seats are no longer deductible. You also only got 80% because that donation was REQUIRED to obtain tickets. The other funds are not REQUIRED and are 100% deductible.

This is what I was told.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Your donations to TM that is tied to your seats are no longer deductible. You also only got 80% because that donation was REQUIRED to obtain tickets. The other funds are not REQUIRED and are 100% deductible.

This is what I was told.
    Even if you get ppts? I hope so that would be awesome. Where is audit or Gabe when u need them

Your an enigma. You know people think that so did you just want to trigger or what. I dont get it. Ok I am over it....I lost interest. say
    I am curious tho. What about the question, if giving 25 points to alum for every degree earned at ndsu would drive higher revenue would you support it?

Side note....I agree it's not as ridiculous now, but it has not always been so. 10 years ago two of us tried everything we could to get involved and were ignored at every turn. I am not saying its that way today but reputations are sometimes hard to shake
    What I would support is a 10 point one-time award per account in recognition of being a graduate of NDSU. Piggy backing multiple degrees I cant agree with. If you graduate you get 10 points IF you join TM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

What I would support is a 10 point one-time award per account in recognition of being a graduate of NDSU. Piggy backing multiple degrees I cant agree with. If you graduate you get 10 points IF you join TM.
    I could live with that. Would varsity letters still be at 100? I would lower the vl amount,...not because I value the athlete any less but because incentives only work if they have real value. If you want to attract more, you have to make it so there is more equality. (Currently a none VL has to donate 6k just to get even to a VL. So assuming that VL also has an extra 6k to give, the none vl really has to donate 12k to be competitive.

It's like a race, if your too far behind you just give up. But, if your right there with the other person you run harder....in this case give more

I think 6k prices the average guy out of it i am certain 12k does .... There is no incentive to stay in the race if you cant win.

Of course you could get rid of ppts all together, but it seems TM see them as value added and used them as an incentive. Imo they are just using them wrong.

I would give a few pts for a degree, a few more for being a VL, a point for continuous support and points for a few other contributions, but more importantly points are earned by donating. Keep the pack closer and watch them compete...give.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 05-04-2018 at 05:27 AM.

I could live with that. Would varsity letters still be at 100? I would lower the amount,...not because I value the athlete any less but because incentives only work if they have real value. If you want to attract more, you have to make it so there is more equality. (Currently a none VL has to donate 6k just to get even to a VL. So assuming that VL also has an extra 6k to give, the none vl really has to donate 12k to be competitive)

I would give a few pts for a degree, a few more for being a VL, a point for continuous support and points for a few other contributions, but more importantly points are earned by donating
    Of course I would keep it at 100. I would also award points for every season you buy season tickets and it shouldnt have to be consecutive. Thats a real bullshit parameter.

Even if you get ppts? I hope so that would be awesome. Where is audit or Gabe when u need them
    I’m not a tax professional.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Of course I would keep it at 100. I would also award points for every season you buy season tickets and it shouldnt have to be consecutive. Thats a real bullshit parameter.
    Being a vl (you not me,) i get that. But, as i outlined i don't think that's the best way to use ppt as an incentive