Page 42 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

All this bitching about 100 points! I earned 140 points over a two year period just for the amount I contributed to help pay full cost of attendance.

I look at the 100 points to former athletes as a reward to them instead of looking at it as a detriment to everyone else. It doesn't take that much to overcome those 100 points if you are a serious supporter of NDSU.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    All this bitching about 100 points! I earned 140 points over a two year period just for the amount I contributed to help pay full cost of attendance.

I look at the 100 points to former athletes as a reward to them instead of looking at it as a detriment to everyone else. It doesn't take that much to overcome those 100 points if you are a serious supporter of NDSU.
    Agreed. $5000 seems an appropriate leg up for former athletes.

I do think not giving some amount of points for alumni is a lost opportunity. Could be used as an incentive to get people started giving. Every person that graduates give them a flyer about Team Makers and how they can start with X numbers of points as a graduate. Seems like a no brainer as far as marketing goes.

First off, itt's not bitching. Its merely's a discussion of how to increase donations ...if this is bitching then you are certainly virtue signaling.

So lets stop pretending to know each other's intentions and assume it's about increasing donations.

,, it's been said on this site that 100 points is worth either 5 or $6,000 I don't care to go back and find it.

Assuming that number is true that's just the come even point. Let's assume cass and I are typical donors. Let's assume Cass and I both donate $5,000 a year. To be able to compete with Cass, I have to donate $10,000.

If you don't think you're going to lose a large segment of people then you're kidding yourself. It's a kin to a credit card giving you mileage points that you can never utalize.

again that's based on the assumption that priority points are the incentive to give.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 05-04-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Then you're not paying attention.

All you got to do is go back and look.. ppts and peoples thoughts about how to distribute them comes up at least once a year for I don't know maybe the Last 5 Years.

U see the problem some of you have is you think this is some sort of attack against the athlete somehow diminishing their contribution.... You couldn't be further from the truth. It's about how do you grow team makers tobr the largest possible organization so that it can inturn better support the athlete.

Some of you need to step off your high horse and and take people for what they say.... It's not a b**** it's a strategy.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 05-04-2018 at 06:04 PM.

It's not enough that letter winners get 100 points, but we also have to support their old asses for their new hips if we donate to the Bison Athletic Exellence Fund? This is from the "Online Priority Points" page. I'm looking at you, PL.

[IMG][/IMG]
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    It's not enough that letter winners get 100 points, but we also have to support their old asses for their new hips if we donate to the Bison Athletic Exellence Fund? This is from the "Online Priority Points" page. I'm looking at you, PL.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Is it tax deductible?

When NDSU began offering full cost of attendance a couple of years ago, I was asked if I would consider making a donation to make this possible. How many priority points I would get for making a commitment never crossed my mind. What was important was that NDSU was offering this benefit across all sports and I understood the importance of that.

Maybe I'm looking at this differentently than others. The point program didnt exist when I joined.

533 In a row

Default 2018 Season Tickets

When NDSU began offering full cost of attendance a couple of years ago, I was asked if I would consider making a donation to make this possible. How many priority points I would get for making a commitment never crossed my mind. What was important was that NDSU was offering this benefit across all sports and I understood the importance of that.

Maybe I'm looking at this differentently than others. The point program didnt exist when I joined.
    Kinda ditto for me. I didn’t even know about 100 for former athletes when I joined/started donating to TMs, and that was at a time when you didn’t have to be a TM to get FB tickets.

As an aside, I’d be down for adding $1 to every ticket that would funnel to S&C coaches/equipment for all programs. $18-19K for each FB ticket would add up quickly. Or at least make it an optional donation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Let's assume cass and I are typical donors. Let's assume Cass and I both donate $5,000 a year. To be able to compete with Cass, I have to donate $10,000..
    This isn't completely true. To compete with CAS, you would have either donate an extra $5,000 once over a period of time or had participated as an athlete and earned a letter. Based on how much physical and mental punishment our athletes go through, the extra $5,000 donation is the easier route. Until one understands what a bitch it is to go through that time, they shouldn't bitch at all. CAS put in his time and got 100 points for it, but that's not the reason why he donates. 100 points or not, he's still giving - much like every other former athletes that are Team Makers today. To me the 100 points are a nice token from the school that says they appreciated my time there (even if I hated it at the time).
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    This isn't completely true. To compete with CAS, you would have either donate an extra $5,000 once over a period of time or had participated as an athlete and earned a letter. Based on how much physical and mental punishment our athletes go through, the extra $5,000 donation is the easier route. Until one understands what a bitch it is to go through that time, they shouldn't bitch at all. CAS put in his time and got 100 points for it, but that's not the reason why he donates. 100 points or not, he's still giving - much like every other former athletes that are Team Makers today. To me the 100 points are a nice token from the school that says they appreciated my time there (even if I hated it at the time).
    To put it more simply, if he had donated what I have over the years he’d have no problem getting season or Frisco tickets, even without the 100 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.