Page 47 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Yeah you have the magic idea for growth. No one turns down TM because of the way it's structured, that's your BS. They join because they want to support NDSU athletics -period! I've been a TM since 1983 and have been there in the bad times and the good. I've earned my priority points. Now in the good times you think you're smarter than everyone else who has worked there ass off to make TM the envy of all FCS schools and a lot of FBS schools too. You sound like someone who wants to join and start at the top. If that's your goal the school up North for a couple of hundred bucks you can seat where you want and be on top.
    FYI...I helped tm raise money for the BB project and not just with my checkbook... so stop trying to pigeonhole me. You know nothing about me or who I am and how I've helped team makers in the past or will help them in the future.

By the way I am set with my seats I'm set with my Frisco tickets I'm set i'm set i'm set...., can you f****** read, it's not about me. Okay you're making me go to a place that I don't like to go, but I don't need help with pots.... Trust me.

What I'm talking about is a simple theoretical concept.....more competition will increase donations. Right now we don't have an ideal competitive environment and it will hurt team makers and or cause it to not see the maximize profits it deserves.

Why are you against trying to maximize profits

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    It can be untill 1 is at the detriment of the other.

As I suggested I would shrink the disparity not eliminated I certainly understand acknowledging the past athlete. But you can only take that so far team makers has to grow past and be made up of people Beyond past athletes and diehards.

The key is creating a competitive environment.... People will compete like crazy if they think there's a chance to win
    Your argument is assuming everyone you are competing against is benefiting from the extra 100 points. I highly doubt that's the case. I would assume a lot of the people you are competing with are not former letter winners.

I see arguments like this all the time presented as opportunities to show something could be better if group A wasn't given X advantage. The argument almost always denies they are jealous or biased but deep down that's what it is. Programs like that are used to help grow foundations and proven to work over and over.

IMHO 100 points for a letter sounds like a very fair number for those who participated as a student athlete and ultimately decide to join Teammakers. I also agree giving those with degrees some points since they should have a leg up on someone who never attended.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Ok. I'll bite. If you are truly only caring about increasing donations, then a man as enlightened as you must have millions of ideas. So let's hear some of the others you have?
    I've been giving you the idea the idea is to create more competition.

I would also shrink down the number of points.... Yeah it's a perception thing but if you're new to team makers and you see people have hundreds of points versus fewer points it plays a mental game on you...people th8nk that they will never make it up. So they don't try.

Also it was a shity idea to get rid of the hospitality tent.
    For the peanuts that it cost to run it, it was well worth it and could be well worth it again. That might be the biggest mistake tea makers has made. ( I tailgate right next to the old team maker spot which now as all of you know has been taken up by a group that's made up of all the former athletes.... And they post signs that say you're not welcome in our tent unless you're a member..... because I tailgate right next to that tent and know many people in that tent I come and go no big deal. However, I also see and hear thevpeople walking by ....you know the ones who stop and stare and the want acsesss..... team makers needs a game day social atmosphere that the general public and those old athletes to mingle).

Finally I love the back handed comment in there...... those type of things are really great for an organization. Don't listen to new ideas and when people bring them ridicule them... Yeah that's a winning combination.

Here's the deal..... looking back over things I've been pretty good at making money so yeah, I'm pretty confident in my ability. If you don't like this idea fine. If you think it's more important to take care of pass athletes than the grow the club to what it possibly could be... Fine.

What many you have shown though is that you're not willing to listen to new ideas
    Last edited by MAKBison; 05-05-2018 at 03:34 PM.

I've been giving you the idea the idea is to create more competition.

I would also shrink down the number of points.... Yeah it's a perception thing but if you're new to team makers and you see people have hundreds of points versus fewer points it plays a mental game on you...people th8nk that they will never make it up. So they don't try.

Also it was a shity idea to get rid of the hospitality tent.
    For the peanuts that it cost to run it, it was well worth it and could be well worth it again. That might be the biggest mistake tea makers has made.

Finally I love the back handed comment in there...... those type of things are really great for an organization. Don't listen to new ideas and when people bring them ridicule them... Yeah that's a winning combination.

Here's the deal..... looking back over things I've been pretty good at making money so yeah, I'm pretty confident in my ability. If you don't like this idea fine. If you think it's more important to take care of pass athletes than the grow the club to what it possibly could be... Fine.

What many you have shown though is that you're not willing to listen to new ideas
    I'm perfectly willing to listen to new ideas. You have come up with exactly two. Shrink points and resume a hospitality tent. What else? I can rattle off 10 ideas without even trying.

And I am very familiar with your approach. You come up with a single idea and pound and pound and pound your opinion. People come up with legitimate counterpoints and you pound and pound and pound your original point. You do this EVERY SINGLE time. Yet you are claiming to be some mastermind in organizational behavior and fundraising.

Also, before lecturing others on how they won't listen, maybe you should consider their viewpoints. Oh wait, I forgot. The only correct solution is your own.

FYI...I helped tm raise money for the BB project and not just with my checkbook... so stop trying to pigeonhole me. You know nothing about me or who I am and how I've helped team makers in the past or will help them in the future.

By the way I am set with my seats I'm set with my Frisco tickets I'm set i'm set i'm set...., can you f****** read, it's not about me. Okay you're making me go to a place that I don't like to go, but I don't need help with pots.... Trust me.

What I'm talking about is a simple theoretical concept.....more competition will increase donations. Right now we don't have an ideal competitive environment and it will hurt team makers and or cause it to not see the maximize profits it deserves.

Why are you against trying to maximize profits
    The problem with your theory of creating competition is so many people already have a head start or so much money to plop down when TM says "jump" it doesn't matter. 100 points doesn't matter. Shoot, the minimum to get Frisco tickets through NDSU is somewhere around 150 points. That's still asking former athletes to pony up $2500 to be last on the list. There are so many people that started donating 20-30 years ago that it'll be near impossible to catch up because I'm not willing to pony up the cash it takes to catch up. The only way I'll catch up is 40 years from now when my consecutive years of basketball and football tickets gets me there. Then there's the people that have the money to pony up when push comes to shove that I don't stand a chance. I know my place and I'm ok with it. So is everyone else except you. We donate because we care. It's that simple. Outside of getting rid of priority points and putting everyone at 0 or the same level regardless of dollars donated, I think TM is in a great place. And I don't want a riot from the rich and/or highly dedicated donators because you're unhappy.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I'm perfectly willing to listen to new ideas. You have come up with exactly two. Shrink points and resume a hospitality tent. What else? I can rattle off 10 ideas without even trying.

And I am very familiar with your approach. You come up with a single idea and pound and pound and pound your opinion. People come up with legitimate counterpoints and you pound and pound and pound your original point. You do this EVERY SINGLE time. Yet you are claiming to be some mastermind in organizational behavior and fundraising.

Also, before lecturing others on how they won't listen, maybe you should consider their viewpoints. Oh wait, I forgot. The only correct solution is your own.
    Not to mention his solution is based on several unproven theories/premises. Laughable really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Actually it's 3 but that's all right.

I've read every post on here and nobody has said why creating more competition is a bad idea.

I've heard a lot of we owe it to the athletes. And we're not really willing to do that because we like the fact that athletes get a hundred points.

So enlighten me as to why creating competition will not work

Actually it's 3 but that's all right.

I've read every post on here and nobody not one of you has said why creating more competition is a bad idea.

I've heard a lot of we owe it to the athletes
    Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results..... I'm not meeting you in the asylum so have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Not to mention his solution is based on several unproven theories/premises. Laughable really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great..... now we're getting somewhere other than we owe it to the athlete now we can advance the discussion.

So let's hear them and let's tease it out

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    The problem with your theory of creating competition is so many people already have a head start or so much money to plop down when TM says "jump" it doesn't matter. 100 points doesn't matter. Shoot, the minimum to get Frisco tickets through NDSU is somewhere around 150 points. That's still asking former athletes to pony up $2500 to be last on the list. There are so many people that started donating 20-30 years ago that it'll be near impossible to catch up because I'm not willing to pony up the cash it takes to catch up. The only way I'll catch up is 40 years from now when my consecutive years of basketball and football tickets gets me there. Then there's the people that have the money to pony up when push comes to shove that I don't stand a chance. I know my place and I'm ok with it. So is everyone else except you. We donate because we care. It's that simple. Outside of getting rid of priority points and putting everyone at 0 or the same level regardless of dollars donated, I think TM is in a great place. And I don't want a riot from the rich and/or highly dedicated donators because you're unhappy.
    Thank you!!!

Finally a rational Counterpoint.

Let's tease this out a bit.