Page 41 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    They only get those points if they join. And I would think Teammakers benefits more from them joining than the average joe. Sure, I think it would be nice if we got points for degrees earned...but I also understand this would make it a more difficult process.
    Why would you assume that? Based on population they would have to give at significantly higher rates. If that is the case, then less reason to incentives them and the closing the gap argument makes even more sense.

It all boils down to TM rational for using ppts. It seems the use them to incentivize giving. If that's the case it's counter productive to give one class 100 more points. Unless that class gives that much more, is larger than the other class and not incentivizing them reduces their likelihood to stop giving.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Why would you assume that? Based on population they would have to give at significantly higher rates. If that is the case, then less reason to incentives them and the closing the gap argument makes even more sense.
    Why would having players be Teammakers be better than the average joe? Guessing that is what you are questioning? I would say they are more visible. I would think they would have the potential to have more influence on others to join. And, they are already in the Bison family...I would think there is an emphasis to keep them there.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Why would having players be Teammakers be better than the average joe? Guessing that is what you are questioning? I would say they are more visible. I would think they would have the potential to have more influence on others to join. And, they are already in the Bison family...I would think there is an emphasis to keep them there.
    That's assuming you have to incentives them to come in the first place and their collateral impact is greater then the disparity created.....seems like a stretch.

Also by giving disproportional incetives to one group over another you increase the strong possibility of creating a good old boys club.

But dedpiste all that, the major risk is reducing giving.

I think Cass said it best... He gives till it hurts. That's awesome! However if I give till it hurts I'll never be able to catch Cass because Cass has a hundred Point advantage.

If priority points are the incentive causing us to give, then there is no incentive for me to give because I can never catch Cass. If I can never catch Cass , Cass also loses the incentive to give as much. ,, both scenarios equally retard our goal which is to increase donations.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 05-04-2018 at 04:14 PM.

That's assuming you have to incentives them to come in the first place and their collateral impact is greater then the disparity created.....seems like a stretch.
    I totally get your point. I also get all the time the athletes put in and the toll that was taken on their bodies. It's a perk. I'm good with it. Except for CAS...he should have had points taken away.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I totally get your point. I also get all the time the athletes put in and the toll that was taken on their bodies. It's a perk. I'm good with it. Except for CAS...he should have had points taken away.
    I get that as well,which is why I have no problem giving the varsity letter winner some points. But at the same time, I would also like to see us increase donations, which id why I suggest reducing that margin.

I added 33 points and it didn’t change my ranking. So was just wondering if I should call I
    Quote Originally Posted by TNbison View Post
    Not quite, per Pat Simmers,
    Me: "Mine was showing 1831 when I had 14 points listed and it still shows 1831 with the 28 points. Maybe there is a date when they're all updated? Just wondering where I stand"

Reply: "Foundation points are added manually, so it will not be immediate. They might have to do the rank separately when all points are updated."

And with my ranking not changing when showing two separate point values, it doesnt seem to be the case.

I get that as well,which is why I have no problem giving the varsity letter winner some points. But at the same time, I would also like to see us increase donations, which id why I suggest reducing that margin.
    I don't think most of the Team Makers' members are former athletes (I could be wrong), and therefore, the 100 points we get if we do join, isn't really a factor.

I personally give back because I love the school. The love is there despite the fact I hated the time I spent there due to how much every day was given to school, practice (early mornings and afternoons) and work (I was non-scholarship). It was an intense experience that I am still paying out of my own pocket for. If someone has an issue with the 100 points I got, that's there problem and I will not apologize for it. I applaud Mr. Simmers for coming up with it. He knows what athletes go through everyday at NDSU. Those whining about 100 points obviously don't and are being petty.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    I added 33 points and it didn’t change my ranking. So was just wondering if I should call I
    Ive run in to that on occasion. I think what happens is other people also pay there dues at the same time and everyone get more points but the ranking stays the same.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

So you are saying people dont donate or join TM because the letter winners get 100 points?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So you are saying people dont donate or join TM because the letter winners get 100 points?
    This is the first time I've heard anyone complain about letterwinners getting 100 points. He says the perception isn't his, but others. I'm surprised I haven't heard this issue from anyone else if that was true.
    Hail the BISON!!!