Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Delaware

Default Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    You're still stuck on a 30 second video. There are plenty others of the internet if one video is your issue. Again, just a small example of my opinion of him.

Perhaps your problem is you're looking for BS where there is not. Then again, you don't find Houston's schtick as BS, so maybe you're not as good as you think.
    I personally don’t like his antics, but I’m not about to leap to opinion that he is not a decent coach. I had a coach who was comparable to Houston re: pregame stuff, but didn’t give a shit because he had me and my teammates prepared to win. And, some/most of my teammates loved and got pumped by his pregame stuff. I didn’t, and some others didn’t, but we understood who his pregame message was being directed to—it wasn’t us. He knew who his core players were, and knew that he had to go a bit different to get ALL involved.

There are 45-65 players to address in football who will actually play (10 or so in wrestling?), so different audience if you will. And no, I’m not dissing wrestling. I love it. 2-time school-boy and AAU National Champion here.

Follow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Re: Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    http://http://content.themat.com/usawrestling/usawrestling.php?page=staff
    I noticed that your a video technician
    Is that like a garbageman calling himself a sanitation engineer when you say your a video production manager?
    https://www.teamusa.org/usa-wrestlin...taff-directory

Stay up to date. And no, there's a big difference between Video Production Manager and video technician.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Bullshit! Nobody's misinformed, we just disagree with your opinion! I can accept your opinion as yours just don't try to tell us that we're misinformed and you are a better judge of coaches or individuals for that matter because of your job ..that's the bullshit!
    Where did you "accept" my opinion? I have no problem with yours, as I didn't ask for you or anyone else to "prove" your opinion (because personally, I don't care). The only person's opinion I disregarded was Johnnyboy's due to his "meh" opinion about Carson Wentz.
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 02-09-2018 at 01:23 AM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I personally don’t like his antics, but I’m not about to leap to opinion that he is not a decent coach. I had a coach who was comparable to Houston re: pregame stuff, but didn’t give a shit because he had me and my teammates prepared to win. And, some/most of my teammates loved and got pumped by his pregame stuff. I didn’t, and some others didn’t, but we understood who his pregame message was being directed to—it wasn’t us. He knew who his core players were, and knew that he had to go a bit different to get ALL involved.

There are 45-65 players to address in football who will actually play (10 or so in wrestling?), so different audience if you will. And no, I’m not dissing wrestling. I love it. 2-time school-boy and AAU National Champion here.

Follow?

Thats where I'm at with the dude too. Well said!
    College of Business Alumnus

Follow?

Yes, football and wrestling are different sports, but as I've described before, there are similarities in coaching, regardless of sport, of how a coach develops a culture for program and creates a process to sustain success. I'm not talking about technical training (although linemen could benefit greatly from hand-fighting skills taught in wrestling).

Head coaches, regardless of sport, are the ones responsible for developing the culture and process. Although the process has changed throughout the years, look at the culture brought in Darrell Mudra that is still strong today. Now compare that to what has happened at Houston's former schools. First year, they're great. After that, not so good.

BTW, congrats on the National Championships. I didn't earn an individual one until the University-age level.
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 02-09-2018 at 01:29 AM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Yes, football and wrestling are different sports, but as I've described before, there are similarities in coaching, regardless of sport, of how a coach develops a culture for program and creates a process to sustain success. I'm not talking about technical training (although linemen could benefit greatly from hand-fighting skills taught in wrestling).

Head coaches of each sport, are the ones responsible for developing the culture and process.

BTW, congrats on the National Championships. I didn't earn an individual one until the University-age level.
    I’d kick your ass in a wrestling match right now, and I’m 10+ years older. [emoji58] That said, I’m a big believer in good wrestlers make good/physical football players. Andrew Grothman as a perfect example. Wrestlers aren’t afraid to effing mix it up a bit. I hung out with wrestlers a lot at NDSU. Good, hardworking and solid guys.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

I’d kick your ass in a wrestling match right now, and I’m 10+ years older. [emoji58] That said, I’m a big believer in good wrestlers make good/physical football players. Andrew Grothman as a perfect example. Wrestlers aren’t afraid to effing mix it up a bit. I hung out with wrestlers a lot at NDSU. Good, hardworking and solid guys.

If I don't launch you within 30 seconds first,

Hail the BISON!!!

Default Delaware

If I don't launch you within 30 seconds first,

Lol—I’d smoke your ass. I have a mean side that doesn’t give. Solid cross face—know what I mean? And I know my COG, you’d never get a solid shot.

Anyway, I don’t care for Houston, but he may very well be a good coach. Time will tell.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

https://www.teamusa.org/usa-wrestlin...taff-directory

Stay up to date. And no, there's a big difference between Video Production Manager and video technician.
    My link was from today...so maybe I’m not the one that needs to keep up

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    My link was from today...so maybe I’m not the one that needs to keep up
    Simply no. That link is an archival site as our current website has been under the umbrella of the USOC's website (www.teamusa.org) since about November 2013. Of those listed from that archive link, nine are no longer here, five have been promoted and one was reassigned. There are also 20 newer employees on our current staff that are on the link I previously posted, but not on the archive link.

Lastly, our logo (and the color scheme with it) has been updated from the one shown on the archive link.
    Hail the BISON!!!