Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Delaware

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Delaware

What does the helment even mean? Its basically like Michigan, but I don't know what that means either.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    What does the helment even mean? Its basically like Michigan, but I don't know what that means either.
    It’s a winged helmet design that originated at Princeton: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winged_football_helmet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    It’s a winged helmet design that originated at Princeton: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winged_football_helmet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So a Delaware coach who used to play at Michigan just decided to copy Michigan? Weak.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    So a Delaware coach who used to play at Michigan just decided to copy Michigan? Weak.
    They’ve been wearing them for 60 years. Is it any weaker than Michigan copying Princeton 80 years ago?

I like them no matter who’s wearing them. They’re throwbacks to leather helmet days.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    They’ve been wearing them for 60 years. Is it any weaker than Michigan copying Princeton 80 years ago?

I like them no matter who’s wearing them. They’re throwbacks to leather helmet days.
    Philly used to have a helmet like that also.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post

A little different. The guy who brought them to Michigan is the same guy who selected the design for Princeton out of a Spalding catalog a few years later. My take is that someone designed it in the early 30s (as a few NFL teams used it), which somehow led to Spalding have an option for teams to select it as part of their uniforms.

The best part of the article is that it would be a former Michigan player turned coach who brought the wing helmet design back to Princeton 60 years after they stopped using it.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I don't like Houston's style but he certainly has been successful where he has coached.

As for the game, Delaware had a good defense this year that will probably carry over in '18 but their offense struggled. The Bison are loaded in '18 on both sides and I don't think UD will score much or at all.

Bison defense shuts them down.

Bison win 35-6

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Do the blue hens have large talons?
    No. They have spurs and taste like chicken

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    I don't like Houston's style but he certainly has been successful where he has coached.

As for the game, Delaware had a good defense this year that will probably carry over in '18 but their offense struggled. The Bison are loaded in '18 on both sides and I don't think UD will score much or at all.

Bison defense shuts them down.

Bison win 35-6
    I assume you meant Rocco? He's thoroughly despised by the JMU faithful, I hope you pummel them. While I would want most CAA teams to give you a good game for the sake of conference BS, in this case it's simply Duck Felaware!.

They just hired the worst coach in JMU history as their QB coach, Alex Wood. He's one of those guys that can set an offense back decades, which is perfect because UD was already a few decades behind. In the case of Wood, he's just one of those guys that sucks at his job yet somehow manages to keep getting hired every few years.
    Last edited by JMUSteeler; 02-12-2018 at 08:56 PM.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Do the blue hens have large talons?
    How about balls on their chins?
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.