Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: 2/3 usd

Default Re: 2/3 usd

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Lack of student participation is what I'd point to. I'm biased since I sit behind the north basket but it seems to me like we generate more energy and enthusiasm around that basket than the students do on the other side. That's messed up.

I guess you can say it's because they're behind the basket now but the student section was so much more engaged in the game at the old BSA.... now the 20-30 members of the pep band produce more noise (without their instruments even) than the rest of the student section combined. I think moving the games off campus for 2 years got the students out of touch with basketball and they don't seem to want to get back in touch with it now that games are back on campus.
    If we win...they will come. Bet on it.

BTW...YOur comments about the students being moved reminded me of when we first moved into the dome from Dakotah Field. Having said that...I dont think thats the reason they arent showing up.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    That's funny. Less than 3 weeks ago, you wrote "I am done giving Richmond [sic] the benefit of the doubt...Dylan miller has zero heart but he is apparently Dave’s boy to even see the court... Tyson must have got benched for showing emotion... I love that kid and his swagger and think that we need more of his swagger ....playing for the 8th seed and using at as the 1 seed lets go suck falls". Since you don't know what you think, you can go ahead and sit down now.
    With direct response to his post, I'm trying to see how Richman's record somehow equates to "losing". I can count on one hand how many big game wins NDSU has, and I can count on the other hand how many successful seasons NDSU basketball has had in its entire existence, and somehow people seem to think thy're entitled to a winner.

Stick to football people.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I dont see a pattern here. We have a worse record this year then the others. That's it.
    I don't know the team just seems headed in the wrong direction to me. Saul had a rough couple years after that senior laden class left but you could see him start building something. Yeah it took longer then I'd like but I just don't like what I'm seeing being built under Richman. What's Richman's signature win since he took over? Do you trust him to get the most out of our younger players going forward and if so what gives you that confidence?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    If we win...they will come. Bet on it.

BTW...YOur comments about the students being moved reminded me of when we first moved into the dome from Dakotah Field. Having said that...I dont think thats the reason they arent showing up.
    Right, I don't buy that as being the reason.... but even in the leaner years of Saul's tenure it seemed like students were more engaged than they are this year or last year for that matter. Something else has obviously changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Right, I don't buy that as being the reason.... but even in the leaner years of Saul's tenure it seemed like students were more engaged than they are this year or last year for that matter. Something else has obviously changed.
    Losing. If we win more, They will show.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Losing. If we win more, They will show.
    It's not so much lack of attendance as it is a lack of engagement. Last year, when they won all but two home games in a brand new venue, student attendance was better but engagement wasn't.

Dave deserves some of the heat he is getting, I don't think he has been getting the most of the talent he has this year. I did see some promising things in the second half of the USD game, I hope it continues. I do think the the team has some promising young talent in the pipeline but I want to see the team close this year out with some momentum first. The incoming youth will need some leadership and I want to see Ward, Cam and Deng step forward and bring it consistently because the team won't have Paul around next year to lean on anymore.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Not sure where you got your numbers but Daves 4 years according to Gobison.com:

2014/15 = 23-10 IMO LA literally carried this team on his back.
    2015/16 = 20-13
    2016/17 = 19-11
    2017/18 = 12-12

Totals = 74-46 not bad overall but I see a pattern that I'm not liking........

and 16 of those wins vs Mayville st, Jamestown and 10-12 wins vs Alabama A & M, etc.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Not sure where you got your numbers but Daves 4 years according to Gobison.com:

2014/15 = 23-10 IMO LA literally carried this team on his back.
    2015/16 = 20-13
    2016/17 = 19-11
    2017/18 = 12-12

Totals = 74-46 not bad overall but I see a pattern that I'm not liking........
    I can’t remember where but thanks

If people are going to argue that LA carried the team himself in Richman's first year, then he is pretty much unquestionably the best player in NDSU history based on the success of the season.