Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2/3 usd

Default Re: 2/3 usd

I really think the vast majority are not happy with the way the season is playing out. Also the way the season ended last year with probably the worst performance of the year. Second half the last year was terrible and the one game in the Summit tourney was horrible. But with each day there is hope. Well this season is not showing us a lot of positive stuff. I am pleased with the improvement in play of Spencer and Deng. They still have a long ways to go but they are improving. Hunter makes some really tremendous plays and then next game or two goes missing. Samuelson is a shooter but a liability on defense due to matchups. Rocky is a freshman and is showing he can play and will need to stay on path to success. I think end the end of his time at NDSU he could be an all time great. Chris seems to be getting more PT and is showing up good most times. Dylan is just, well I really do not know what to think there. We have beaten the AJ discussion into the ground no need to comment on that. Paul Miller is a stud. Climbing the all time score chart. Plays rock solid defense. Does show leadership and heart. Has a real chance to continue to play after he is done at NDSU. The red shirts and incoming recruits appear to have talent. Really looking forward to Tyree Eady to play next year.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

How do we get Meidinger on the seefood diet??? With that said, I don't know enough about the redshirts or who isn't playing to get excited about the future or not. I see Hunter developing into more of a LA type player. Has range, can drive and has enough swag to carry a team. If Ward can get back on track with his outside shooting, his next two years should be fun to watch. With his length and athleticism, he can shoot over guys, drive around them and play some great defense. Springs for legs. Geu is slowly turning into a skinny Dex. He's playing fast lately, always going towards the ball and looking to score every time he touches the ball. I thought he'd struggle a little more with his back to the hoop posting up, but I really think that's his comfort zone. Coach should look to take advantage of that as often as possible. Between him and Ward, I like our length at that position. Their senior year should be fun to watch. Add Meidinger as a sophomore that season and you really have some guys with reach. I love everything the Mayor has done for the program, he just hasn't blossomed into what we hoped he would be. And that's ok. He still plays tough defense and plays with passion at times. He's just unsure on the offensive side for whatever reason. Like Burgandy has said, we were expected to be in the position we're in now and anything different would have been a shock. It's a young team. Let's hope it all comes together for them down the stretch and we get some extra March basketball. I will be looking to expand my season tickets to as many as we can afford and hopefully bring some new fans to the game. I love watching basketball and my wife really enjoys it. Food is good, atmosphere is good, the basketball is usually good and we're supporting our university. It's not always going to be sunshine and rainbows. Hanging in through the tough times makes the good times that much sweeter. And if this season is a "tough time", then I'll take it because it is a pure joy watching Paul play at the level he's capable of nearly every night. This team needs backers and boosters, not people to ditch out because times are tough, the seats aren't perfect, I expected more from the new arena, blah blah blah etc BS. WE CAME FROM THE FREAKING BSA PEOPLE! The amenities and comfort factor the new arena brings is head and shoulders above what we had. Nothing will ever be bigger and better than everyone else's because guess what? They're making their brand better too. Just imagine sitting in the BSA on a cold night where you either froze or fried and be thankful for what we have. NDSU basketball is fine. I think I'll be proven right come tourney time.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Your obviously a negative person.... losses not wins is the first thing out of your mouth...
    Tournament appearance?
    Let’s face facts....
    Saul at Ndsu 134-83 and he inherited maybe the best team ever
    Tim miles 99-71
    Dave Richman 69-40
    So he still has the best winning percentage of the threee... but hey we are not really talking wins or loses here are we
    We are talking about you throwing a childish fit as the team has down year .... if you don’t want to get season tickets don’t parading around on here is a middle school girl move
    That's funny. Less than 3 weeks ago, you wrote "I am done giving Richmond [sic] the benefit of the doubt...Dylan miller has zero heart but he is apparently Dave’s boy to even see the court... Tyson must have got benched for showing emotion... I love that kid and his swagger and think that we need more of his swagger ....playing for the 8th seed and using at as the 1 seed lets go suck falls". Since you don't know what you think, you can go ahead and sit down now.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 02-07-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Your obviously a negative person.... losses not wins is the first thing out of your mouth...
    Tournament appearance?
    Let’s face facts....
    Saul at Ndsu 134-83 and he inherited maybe the best team ever
    Tim miles 99-71
    Dave Richman 69-40
    So he still has the best winning percentage of the threee... but hey we are not really talking wins or loses here are we
    We are talking about you throwing a childish fit as the team has down year .... if you don’t want to get season tickets don’t parading around on here is a middle school girl move
    Not sure where you got your numbers but Daves 4 years according to Gobison.com:

2014/15 = 23-10 IMO LA literally carried this team on his back.
    2015/16 = 20-13
    2016/17 = 19-11
    2017/18 = 12-12

Totals = 74-46 not bad overall but I see a pattern that I'm not liking........

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    How do we get Meidinger on the seefood diet??? With that said, I don't know enough about the redshirts or who isn't playing to get excited about the future or not. I see Hunter developing into more of a LA type player. Has range, can drive and has enough swag to carry a team. If Ward can get back on track with his outside shooting, his next two years should be fun to watch. With his length and athleticism, he can shoot over guys, drive around them and play some great defense. Springs for legs. Geu is slowly turning into a skinny Dex. He's playing fast lately, always going towards the ball and looking to score every time he touches the ball. I thought he'd struggle a little more with his back to the hoop posting up, but I really think that's his comfort zone. Coach should look to take advantage of that as often as possible. Between him and Ward, I like our length at that position. Their senior year should be fun to watch. Add Meidinger as a sophomore that season and you really have some guys with reach. I love everything the Mayor has done for the program, he just hasn't blossomed into what we hoped he would be. And that's ok. He still plays tough defense and plays with passion at times. He's just unsure on the offensive side for whatever reason. Like Burgandy has said, we were expected to be in the position we're in now and anything different would have been a shock. It's a young team. Let's hope it all comes together for them down the stretch and we get some extra March basketball. I will be looking to expand my season tickets to as many as we can afford and hopefully bring some new fans to the game. I love watching basketball and my wife really enjoys it. Food is good, atmosphere is good, the basketball is usually good and we're supporting our university. It's not always going to be sunshine and rainbows. Hanging in through the tough times makes the good times that much sweeter. And if this season is a "tough time", then I'll take it because it is a pure joy watching Paul play at the level he's capable of nearly every night. This team needs backers and boosters, not people to ditch out because times are tough, the seats aren't perfect, I expected more from the new arena, blah blah blah etc BS. WE CAME FROM THE FREAKING BSA PEOPLE! The amenities and comfort factor the new arena brings is head and shoulders above what we had. Nothing will ever be bigger and better than everyone else's because guess what? They're making their brand better too. Just imagine sitting in the BSA on a cold night where you either froze or fried and be thankful for what we have. NDSU basketball is fine. I think I'll be proven right come tourney time.
    In fairness to me, I actually love the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    In fairness to me, I actually love the arena.
    In fairness to me . . . I just feel like something is missing. Maybe atmosphere? Not really a construction issue, it just isn't that much better than the Scheel's Arena. It is much better than the BSA but things just feel flat. Maybe I am just older and it's me. I probably just expected too much and then add the price increase and you feel disappointed. I was hoping getting rid of the empty ends of the BSA would increase the crowd volume but it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Secondary View Post
    In fairness to me . . . I just feel like something is missing. Maybe atmosphere? Not really a construction issue, it just isn't that much better than the Scheels Arena. It is much better than the BSA but things just feel flat. Maybe I am just older and it's me. I probably just expected too much.
    Scheels was nice having the bar and drinks. And certainly the seats were comfortable. But visually, especially on TV, it doesn't look like a basketball arena. I think the SHAC, when it's full and rockin', looks great on TV and we look like a big time program. I kind of wish the camera angle was the opposite direction. That side of the stands tends to be fuller. What's more, if the 2nd level got on the TV screen more often when the cameras pan around, it would look even more big-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Not sure where you got your numbers but Daves 4 years according to Gobison.com:

2014/15 = 23-10 IMO LA literally carried this team on his back.
    2015/16 = 20-13
    2016/17 = 19-11
    2017/18 = 12-12

Totals = 74-46 not bad overall but I see a pattern that I'm not liking........
    I dont see a pattern here. We have a worse record this year then the others. That's it.

In fairness to me . . . I just feel like something is missing. Maybe atmosphere? Not really a construction issue, it just isn't that much better than the Scheel's Arena. It is much better than the BSA but things just feel flat. Maybe I am just older and it's me. I probably just expected too much and then add the price increase and you feel disappointed. I was hoping getting rid of the empty ends of the BSA would increase the crowd volume but it didn't.
    We havent had a great atmosphere other than one or 2 last year since the BSA

Lack of student participation is what I'd point to. I'm biased since I sit behind the north basket but it seems to me like we generate more energy and enthusiasm around that basket than the students do on the other side. That's messed up.

I guess you can say it's because they're behind the basket now but the student section was so much more engaged in the game at the old BSA.... now the 20-30 members of the pep band produce more noise (without their instruments even) than the rest of the student section combined. I think moving the games off campus for 2 years got the students out of touch with basketball and they don't seem to want to get back in touch with it now that games are back on campus.