Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2/3 usd

Default Re: 2/3 usd

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    That's really too bad but the more of you that leave the better chance I have of getting better seats I guess.
    I am guessing there are plenty of seats if you ask for better ones. I have sideline seats and there are a bunch of the same seats game after game that have had nobody in them all year long.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    this is the point. I want some evidence that the university will not accept losing.
    Clearly something is "wrong" right now, we are not elite in talent or based on win/loss, but at the same time you are continually acting like we have been some form of a tire fire for years. Don't quote me on this, but weren't we in the Summit League title game like 5 straight years until last year or something? Dave is like 75-45. The home losses this year suck, but you act like that is the norm. We had won almost an NCAA record of home games in a row. Yes, this year isn't great...but what were your expectations? Again, we have Paul Miller and a bunch of kids playing. You don't win with kids. You win with vets in this league. Proven. We have missed on some, some have not progressed, some are doing great. But we weren't as good as SDSU or USD coming in. We are a mid level Summit team this year. Capable of winning or losing every game. SOrt of the same as when we started this season. Hoping the kids coming in next year are a jolt of new energy and we can get back to the top. Until Daum leaves, we are not going to be better than SDSU. THat is clear to me. Craig Smith has USD at a high level. After that, we are one of about 5 times. I just don't understand your harping that the university is accepting losing. NDSU has been a model of a solid mid major. Feel free to disagree.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I'm pretty sure you don't want my seats, but you're welcome to them. Actually, after this season, you'll probably have pick of the litter. I'm not an elite donor who sits center court 3 rows up. You can tell that because I've been to most games and the good seats are often empty. I'm glad you have the time and money to go watch our team play and beat NAIA schools as well as regularly lose to Division I schools. I just can't justify the expense anymore. When enough of us feel that way, maybe the university will insist of its coaches that they field a better product else they need to find new work. When that happens and we start winning at home again, you can thank us.
    If/when NDSU starts beating Oklahoma in the NCAA tournament again I guarantee it won't be because of people who dumped their season tickets. If you really want to promote positive change within the men's basketball program there are about 187,000 better ways to do it than dumping your season tickets in protest.

If you're frustrated with the performance of the team and would prefer to spend the money you spent on basketball season tickets elsewhere that's your prerogative but don't act like you're some martyr for doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I am guessing there are plenty of seats if you ask for better ones. I have sideline seats and there are a bunch of the same seats game after game that have had nobody in them all year long.
    Is there a "point" system for football tickets? I have a feeling people buy basketball tickets to increase odds of getting football perks. I wish they would do away with that because it leaves a lot of open seats all year.

I have to agree, the cost of tickets for the quality of games doesn't really match up. I am also thinking of dumping the tickets this year. They are just starting to seem too expensive. Maybe it's that they aren't winning. Maybe its the weak schedule. Maybe I really don't want to relive the NCC days. Maybe it's the feeling that we are going to be down for a few years. Each recruiting class seems to have one guy that gives us a little hope but not really a group. Killer classes don't happen every year and we haven't had complete duds but they have been middling.

Also being from a one bid conference doesn't help, it's not the deciding factor for me but these games only count for seeding in the big dance if you get there.

In all honesty, I think I was really hoping for a bigger improvement moving from Scheels Arena to the Shac and it would justify the cost but in all honesty it's not really that much better. (Which is surprising . . . Maybe I was over estimating the Shac. It's nice but not too much different from the Arena fan experience wise.)

We will see, a better schedule would help . . . also getting students there would help but in all honesty . . . they probably feel the same way we do.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I did ask for better ones and was able to move down about 7 rows in the corner but there were no sideline available, at least not 4 in a row and yet I go to game after game and see hundreds of open sideline seats. Of course they may not be the same ones every time but I would be willing to be a bunch of them are.

It's like what was mentioned above, some people are making it sound like we're Omaha with a 7-17 record and 2-6 in conference. We are currently 4th in the conference standings and can easily finish 3rd if we play well the rest of the way out and all it takes is 3 games in the Summit to go dancing. I honestly feel like if we can end up in the same half of the bracket as USD we can make the Summit championship again and if we can put a full 40 minutes together could knock off SDSU. We are having a rough year by our standards but it's far from a dumpster fire, road wins at USD and Missouri St along with a solid showing against USC have proven that, the home losses do hurt a little more though no doubt about it.

I hate seeing them lose but I enjoy basketball. Our seats are good and I like coming to the game, having a snack, and visiting with our seat neighbors who are great.
    I will say, it just feels like something is wrong. Maybe locker room problems? Maybe coaching? It's just off.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If/when NDSU starts beating Oklahoma in the NCAA tournament again I guarantee it won't be because of people who dumped their season tickets. If you really want to promote positive change within the men's basketball program there are about 187,000 better ways to do it than dumping your season tickets in protest.

If you're frustrated with the performance of the team and would prefer to spend the money you spent on basketball season tickets elsewhere that's your prerogative but don't act like you're some martyr for doing it.
    I didn't say I was a martyr. I said I can't afford hundreds of dollars to watch crap. A martyr would be someone who continues to spend hundreds of dollars to watch crap. Perhaps that's you. You're a superfan. Congrats. If you've watched any games this year, you'd be as frustrated as I am. I'm glad so many of you guys feel good about the team, the coaches, and the season. But most of the fans I know who go to these games have the same frustration I do. The folks I run with have no opportunity to get season tickets for football, so this is it for us and we want the university to be as concerned about basketball as they are about football. We haven't observed just one down year. We've observed an ever-decreasing quality of play during the DR era, when we had been told we are becoming something. We've observed coaching which makes inexplicable player rotations and an offense dominated by a poorly executed weave (somewhat less so this year). We've observed good players leave the team for mysterious reasons. And we have played an abundance of teams no one cares to watch. That last point may well be the plight of any dakota school. But it still sucks--and it just makes the things we do have control over all the more important. I'm not hearing ANY messaging from the university or the coaches that the play this year, and player development in general, has been problem. Instead, I hear the same mantra that this is a process and every loss is an opportunity to get better. We'll just keep getting better I suppose. As if, all that matters is that we're better by the time the Summit tourney rolls around. Well, then why am I coming to games? I guess real NDSU basketball starts in March.

Look, I get it. I'm just one malcontented, fair-weathered fan who wants his time and money back. You're right. I stand guilty. I'm not proud of it. I'm simply confessing my opinion. But unfortunately I'm not alone in my way thinking. There's been a lot of empty seats this year. That's not my doing. I'm guessing next year the SHAC will probably be emptier still. I think that's unfortunate.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 02-07-2018 at 01:21 AM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I hate seeing them lose but I enjoy basketball. Our seats are good and I like coming to the game, having a snack, and visiting with our seat neighbors who are great.
    I will say, it just feels like something is wrong. Maybe locker room problems? Maybe coaching? It's just off.
    This is where I'm at. I love going to games still because I like basketball and I go with good friends.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Clearly something is "wrong" right now, we are not elite in talent or based on win/loss, but at the same time you are continually acting like we have been some form of a tire fire for years. Don't quote me on this, but weren't we in the Summit League title game like 5 straight years until last year or something? Dave is like 75-45. The home losses this year suck, but you act like that is the norm. We had won almost an NCAA record of home games in a row. Yes, this year isn't great...but what were your expectations? Again, we have Paul Miller and a bunch of kids playing. You don't win with kids. You win with vets in this league. Proven. We have missed on some, some have not progressed, some are doing great. But we weren't as good as SDSU or USD coming in. We are a mid level Summit team this year. Capable of winning or losing every game. SOrt of the same as when we started this season. Hoping the kids coming in next year are a jolt of new energy and we can get back to the top. Until Daum leaves, we are not going to be better than SDSU. THat is clear to me. Craig Smith has USD at a high level. After that, we are one of about 5 times. I just don't understand your harping that the university is accepting losing. NDSU has been a model of a solid mid major. Feel free to disagree.
    I don't know...maybe I am overstating the problem. I want to be fair, but my sense is that NDSU is in a holding pattern of mediocrity for basketball. I know Saul Phillips had rough seasons, but in his last season we finished 26-6. Now THAT record is something that gets you noticed by external audiences as a quality mid-major team, even if we're in the Summit. Dave's first three years resulted in seasons with 10 or more losses. This year (his 4th season), we already have 12 losses, including nearly a half dozen HOME losses. That was formerly unheard of. You say "move-along, nothing to see here." To me, it looks like smoke. I'm guessing there's a fire smoldering somewhere in all of this.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 02-07-2018 at 04:32 AM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

I don't know...maybe I am overstating the problem. I want to be fair, but my sense is that NDSU is in a holding pattern of mediocrity for basketball. I know Saul Phillips had rough seasons, but in his last season we finished 26-6. Now THAT record is something that gets you noticed by external audiences as a quality mid-major team, even if we're in the Summit. Dave's first three years resulted in seasons with 10 or more losses. This year (his 4th season), we already have 12 losses, including nearly a half dozen HOME losses. That was formerly unheard of. You say "move-along, nothing to see here." To me, it looks like smoke. I'm guessing there's a fire smoldering somewhere in all of this.
    Your obviously a negative person.... losses not wins is the first thing out of your mouth...
    Tournament appearance?
    Let’s face facts....
    Saul at Ndsu 134-83 and he inherited maybe the best team ever
    Tim miles 99-71
    Dave Richman 69-40
    So he still has the best winning percentage of the threee... but hey we are not really talking wins or loses here are we
    We are talking about you throwing a childish fit as the team has down year .... if you don’t want to get season tickets don’t parading around on here is a middle school girl move