Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2/3 usd

Default Re: 2/3 usd

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Great 2nd half by the guys but wasn't enough to make up for the miserable first half. I listened to the post game show on the way home from the game and Paul said "I think when we look back on this season when it's over, that halftime is going to be what defines our year" He took all of the blame for the first half and said that loss was on him and seemed to imply that whatever happened at half time is what brought that team up to the level they played in the 2nd half. I agree with what was said earlier that the team and coaching that was out there in the 2nd half can show up for 40 minutes the rest of the season we can go dancing, Dave was making adjustments on the fly, tried some rotations we hadn't seen before, Deng got more minutes, we locked down on defense and moved the ball well on offense. I even saw Dylan Miller play one of the best if not the best game he's ever played in a Bison uniform. I felt encouraged leaving that game but all of that means nothing if we go out on the road and don't get a sweep this week, need to see that focus and that passion to win from start to finish.
    This TEAM can do some special things when all are on the same page, Coaches and Players. Paul did man up with his post game comments about his execution in the first half. That is a leader. Tall order in front of this team. See how they do on the road this week. Finish this season strong.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Also, kudos to the crowd that showed up, that was the most energy I've seen in that building in a long time. It woulda been nice to have a student section joining in but after the first couple buckets in the 2nd half all the way until the end the crowd was making some noise and even STANDING for part of the game.....I didn't sit down the last 4 minutes, it was a lot of fun, sucked not to pull that one out.

Also, kudos to the crowd that showed up, that was the most energy I've seen in that building in a long time. It woulda been nice to have a student section joining in but after the first couple buckets in the 2nd half all the way until the end the crowd was making some noise and even STANDING for part of the game.....I didn't sit down the last 4 minutes, it was a lot of fun, sucked not to pull that one out.
    I've been to four home losses this season. I'm glad I didn't make it to this one. That would have been five. This season has been a train wreck. We are not a premier mid-major as we all at one time hoped we would become. We are not even a premier team within the Summit. I've had season tickets for 4 years. Not a painless expense. My wife each year says we have other needs for that money. Well, I've decided she's right. Until the university is a little more serious about not wasting my discretionary income, they can't have it anymore.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I've been to four home losses this season. I'm glad I didn't make it to this one. That would have been five. This season has been a train wreck. We are not a premier mid-major as we all at one time hoped we would become. We are not even a premier team within the Summit. I've had season tickets for 4 years. Not a painless expense. My wife each year says we have other needs for that money. Well, I've decided she's right. Until the university is a little more serious about not wasting my discretionary income, they can't have it anymore.
    Yep looks like we have 1 game left as season ticket holders also. Terrible out of conference schedule doesn't help and we can find better uses for that $1300+. It kind of sucks as I really like basketball.
    Last edited by Bison"FANatic"; 02-06-2018 at 01:11 AM.

the Minnesota 2019 class for basketball is going to have 25 D1 players at least, it's going to be amazing. I dream of gettinf a big name coach that is down on his luck and crushing recruiting next year..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That's really too bad but the more of you that leave the better chance I have of getting better seats I guess. The out of conference home schedule is never going to be great as a mid major, could it be a little better, yes of course but if you're expecting big name teams to want to make the trip to Fargo for little to no money guarantee it's not going to happen. Losing IUPUI after the schedule was already completed didn't help this year either but it is what is. Winning isn't everything, I go to support this team regardless of our record, the coach, the players or anything else, I'm there to support the NDSU Men's Basketball team and will continue to do so. I went to every home game of the 09-10 season where we finished 11-18 because I love basketball and this program and if you really love basketball you'd be there too. There's ups and downs in mid-major basketball, it's just the way things are, look at UNI right now, you go through the lows so that you can be there for the highs and we've had some damn good ones so I'm all in all the time. Rant over.

PS - You missed a heck of a game on Saturday

That's really too bad but the more of you that leave the better chance I have of getting better seats I guess. The out of conference home schedule is never going to be great as a mid major, could it be a little better, yes of course but if you're expecting big name teams to want to make the trip to Fargo for little to no money guarantee it's not going to happen. Losing IUPUI after the schedule was already completed didn't help this year either but it is what is. Winning isn't everything, I go to support this team regardless of our record, the coach, the players or anything else, I'm there to support the NDSU Men's Basketball team and will continue to do so. I went to every home game of the 09-10 season where we finished 11-18 because I love basketball and this program and if you really love basketball you'd be there too. There's ups and downs in mid-major basketball, it's just the way things are, look at UNI right now, you go through the lows so that you can be there for the highs and we've had some damn good ones so I'm all in all the time. Rant over.

I drive over from Jamestown for games. I have missed a couple this year due to conflicts. But despite the record I will be there each year. Yes home schedule could be better but it is what it is. Duke is not coming here EVER to play NDSU. Everyone loves a winner, but sometimes you have to support a losing year. You do not have to accept losing.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I drive over from Jamestown for games. I have missed a couple this year due to conflicts. But despite the record I will be there each year. Yes home schedule could be better but it is what it is. Duke is not coming here EVER to play NDSU. Everyone loves a winner, but sometimes you have to support a losing year. You do not have to accept losing.
    Dang it I like this sentiment....seems everyone has forgotten the playoff drought that happen in football....did people still attend games? As a fan there is going to be highs and lows .... don’t need to embrace the lows ... hope is eternal in a true fan of a team

I'm pretty sure you don't want my seats, but you're welcome to them. Actually, after this season, you'll probably have pick of the litter. I'm not an elite donor who sits center court 3 rows up. You can tell that because I've been to most games and the good seats are often empty. I'm glad you have the time and money to go watch our team play and beat NAIA schools as well as regularly lose to Division I schools. I just can't justify the expense anymore. When enough of us feel that way, maybe the university will insist of its coaches that they field a better product else they need to find new work. When that happens and we start winning at home again, you can thank us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    this is the point. I want some evidence that the university will not accept losing.