Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2/3 usd

Default Re: 2/3 usd

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Yeah...I don't watch a lot of Duke basketball, but coach K always looks angry and pissed. And they win a lot.
    If Richman won as much as Coach K I could careless his actions. Show some emotion on the bench. He did yesterday in the second half. 1st half was nothing while we were pissing it down our leg.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    If Richman won as much as Coach K I could careless his actions. Show some emotion on the bench. He did yesterday in the second half. 1st half was nothing while we were pissing it down our leg.
    Listen...I'm not his biggest fan...but if that's your indicator of how good of coach he is or how the team goes...you've never coached before. I've been in those shoes. You can yell, scream, and at some point it becomes gas on the fire so you just sit there and let it play out till you can get to half and make adjustments. His emotion has very little to do with how this team is playing at this point. IMO we are well beyond that.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Listen...I'm not his biggest fan...but if that's your indicator of how good of coach he is or how the team goes...you've never coached before. I've been in those shoes. You can yell, scream, and at some point it becomes gas on the fire so you just sit there and let it play out till you can get to half and make adjustments. His emotion has very little to do with how this team is playing at this point. IMO we are well beyond that.
    I am not his biggest fan either. Player development to me is lacking with several players on the team.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I am not his biggest fan either. Player development to me is lacking with several players on the team.
    I'll agree with that. To me it's decision making. Baffles me.

I would like to see lineup to start the game with Paul, AJ, Deng, Tyson and Hunter. As much as I like Spencer effort, change things up and bring him in for Deng.

I would like to see lineup to start the game with Paul, AJ, Deng, Tyson and Hunter. As much as I like Spencer effort, change things up and bring him in for Deng.
    I just don't see why AJ is getting as many minutes as he does at this point, let alone starting.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You obviously weren't looking at the Bison bench when USD called timeout with about 4 minutes left after the Bison got within 6 at 66-60.
    My assessment was from the first half. Call timeouts, fire up your team, do what you need to do as a leader to get better effort before things get out of control. Everyone commenting in the GDT, as well as the announcers, recognized the lack of effort. Waiting until halftime and down 20 is much too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    My assessment was from the first half. Call timeouts, fire up your team, do what you need to do as a leader to get better effort before things get out of control. Everyone commenting in the GDT, as well as the announcers, recognized the lack of effort. Waiting until halftime and down 20 is much too late.

I agree that not calling his use-it-or-lose-it in the 1sr half at some point while things were spinning out of control was a big mistake by Richman but I agree with teach that his courtside mannerisms are the least of his shortcomings as a coach.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I agree that not calling his use-it-or-lose-it in the 1sr half at some point while things were spinning out of control was a big mistake by Richman but I agree with teach that his courtside mannerisms are the least of his shortcomings as a coach.
    Maybe that’s what these young men need from their leader...a little more rah-rah and reinforcement once in awhile, especially when things are going awry. Show that you care. Get out of your comfort zone. Have a little fun. Project it onto your young men.

Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Great 2nd half by the guys but wasn't enough to make up for the miserable first half. I listened to the post game show on the way home from the game and Paul said "I think when we look back on this season when it's over, that halftime is going to be what defines our year" He took all of the blame for the first half and said that loss was on him and seemed to imply that whatever happened at half time is what brought that team up to the level they played in the 2nd half. I agree with what was said earlier that the team and coaching that was out there in the 2nd half can show up for 40 minutes the rest of the season we can go dancing, Dave was making adjustments on the fly, tried some rotations we hadn't seen before, Deng got more minutes, we locked down on defense and moved the ball well on offense. I even saw Dylan Miller play one of the best if not the best game he's ever played in a Bison uniform. I felt encouraged leaving that game but all of that means nothing if we go out on the road and don't get a sweep this week, need to see that focus and that passion to win from start to finish.