Thread: Tonights Dual vs. Iowa State

Default Tonights Dual vs. Iowa State

Wanted to shoot you all a quick message this morning as we make final preparations for our dual tonight vs Iowa State. The dual tonight against the cyclones is another Big 12 conference match up that will have big implications heading towards the Big 12 conference tournament. We hope you all can make it tonight. Last time we hosted Iowa State it was a great atmosphere in the SHAC. We look forward to having that once again. Sunday afternoon at 12:30 against Air Force will be another Big 12 match up and our final home dual and senior night. Should be a great weekend filled with some NDSU wrestling. Go Bison!

Default Re: Tonights Dual vs. Iowa State

Bison wrestling on Bison1660! Love it!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Im stuck on a runway and havent been able to watch tonight...but following along online, im glad i wasnt watching. Inexcusable loss. This team is not good and is trending in a terrible direction. Ill watch the recording when i get a chance but im disgusted to see this loss and how it happened

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Listened to the dual with a bunch of kids on the wrestling team. What a disappointing way to lose the match and dual. Hope Bison 1660 can do more of this though, we really enjoyed it.

How about all home Big XII duals?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Listened to the dual with a bunch of kids on the wrestling team. What a disappointing way to lose the match and dual. Hope Bison 1660 can do more of this though, we really enjoyed it.

How about all home Big XII duals?
    I really wanted to go but had a delivery and install from Schells I needed to be home for. I listened to it @ 1660. Not sure if all of the home duals are on 1660, but they should be.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Im stuck on a runway and havent been able to watch tonight...but following along online, im glad i wasnt watching. Inexcusable loss. This team is not good and is trending in a terrible direction. Ill watch the recording when i get a chance but im disgusted to see this loss and how it happened
    It's definitely a deflating loss, I wish we would emphasize wrestling more at NDSU. It's about the only other program besides football where we can be nationally competitive and crown national champs. We have kind of turned into a one trick pony athletically. Thank God for Softball.

Great match by Sykora tonight and hopefully he builds on this very good win. Stibral was really hanging his head with the handshakes at the end. He will likely have a hard time sleeping tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    It's definitely a deflating loss, I wish we would emphasize wrestling more at NDSU. It's about the only other program besides football where we can be nationally competitive and crown national champs. We have kind of turned into a one trick pony athletically. Thank God for Softball.
    Track and Field has been good and so has softball, but the rest of the programs are mediocre right now and women's basketball is absolutely unsearchable and one of the worst Division 1 programs in the country.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BEK TV had it on (channel 4 on Midco). They did a pretty darn good job. Jack Maughan was one of the announcers. They will also broadcast the duel against Air Force on Sunday.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

I got a chance to watch it this morning and some guys wrestled well.
    Binachi did what he is supposed to do. ISU has been beset by injuries at 125 and that kid joined the team a month ago
    Sykora was a little sloppy at times, but Simmons is pretty solid. To tech him is very good.
    At 141, That would've likely been a major decision for ISU. Ian Parker beat 2 time defending NCAA champ Dean Heil last week, so this dual could've gotten ugly had he wrestled.
    Gliva had a good chance to beat Degen but he did a poor job of finishing his shots, which has been an issue for him.
    Clay was solid.
    Fogarty wrestled a terrible match. I was stunned to see he lost yesterday and then disgusted when I watched it today. Quick takedown and then give up the final 6 points of the match while looking awful on bottom? Unacceptable. The effort and results on bottom was hard to watch.
    I thought Urbach looked alright out there. Since rejoining the lineup, his effort has looked better and he's looked refreshed at times.
    Witzig just isn't good. McNutt doesn't have a sparkly record, but he was in most matches and gave us a fighting chance. Witzig has no offense and looks very limited athletically.
    Colbray was a top 10 recruit in the entire country last year, and he's been on a hot streak of late, so I'm not surprised to see Eaton lose. The disappointing thing was HOW he lost. Up 2 with very short time remaining...nobody wants to do it, but just don't engage, and back up. It sucks, but had he done it, he and NDSU win.
    Marcus Harrington is a good heavyweight. That being said, HOW Dan gave up the major is also disappointing. He had one job and did it well through two periods, and failed in the third.

On the whole, Iowa State isn't a good team and this is a dual that NDSU absolutely should win. ISU had a very good, ranked 141 transfer out two weeks ago and Parker bumped to 141. Before that, it would have been a defensible loss. Now, they are giving up at least 5 to every team at 125 and gave us 6 at 141. Throw in Cam and Clay's performance and you just need 1 other guy to step up...and nobody did. This is the worst loss as a team this year, guarantees a losing record for the season, and keeps us as the only winless team in conference wrestling...which includes Fresno State who is in their first year of competition since reinstating the program...not good...