Page 87 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2019 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    some kids like that, AKA Brookings, Vermillion, Mcomb, ect..

He gets to play for a School in his hometown, Family, friends. Probably grew up a fan, no need to rag on him, some on twitter have been, sad
    I didn't rag on him. I basically said something that is perfectly plausible. It's better than a kid getting homesick and not buying in.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I didn't rag on him. I basically said something that is perfectly plausible. It's better than a kid getting homesick and not buying in.
    i was pointing out that there were some people ragging on him on twitter, one had a location of Fargo so I assume a Bandwagon NDSU fan that knows nothing about recruiting and how it works.

the wonderful world of Social media

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    i was pointing out that there were some people ragging on him on twitter, one had a location of Fargo so I assume a Bandwagon NDSU fan that knows nothing about recruiting and how it works.

the wonderful world of Social media
    Didn't see that. I mentioned how we're probably the worst, that only reinforces it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Ever been to Pittsburg, KS? It's kind of the epitome of small town-ness.
    Some people could say the thing about Fargo. The people and values are pretty much the same and there are some good things about the area.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Some people could say the thing about Fargo. The people and values are pretty much the same and there are some good things about the area.
    I have a friend from Pittsburg, I know. Eastern KS is weird in that the two biggest universities are in enclosed smallish cities. I wouldn't call them small towns.

I would call Emporia, Pittsburg, Dodge City, and maybe Hutchinson as small town. Most kids are dying to get out of there, I've talked to a lot of people in KC who were from those places.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He made the correct choice for himself. That’s the key.
    Maybe he was unsure about leaving, maybe he wanted to play at home, who knows.
    But, best he be happy with where he is Studying. He can always transfer
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

It's not like we are the best place if you are a wr either. Even guys that have a great year in our program dont have big numbers compared to a lot of places. Cant blame a kid who wants to play close to home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    It's not like we are the best place if you are a wr either. Even guys that have a great year in our program dont have big numbers compared to a lot of places. Cant blame a kid who wants to play close to home.
    Darius Shepherd was a 1000 yard receiver this year.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Yea that's my point, he had 62 catches for just over a 1000 yards. Great year for him and one of the better recently. The next most was 23 catches for less than 400. Not exactly a spread offense like a lot of places now a days

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Yea that's my point, he had 62 catches for just over a 1000 yards. Great year for him and one of the better recently. The next most was 23 catches for less than 400. Not exactly a spread offense like a lot of places now a days
    Your point is a very good one. There have only been four 1000 yard receivers in a season in Bison history.

1. 1191 - Zach Vraa (67-1191) - 2013
    2. 1181 - TR McDonald (69-1181) - 1993
    3. 1065 - Darrius Shepherd (62-1065) - 2018
    4. 1003 - Warren Holloway (77-1003) - 2011
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix