Page 43 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2019 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Don't think any of the big 10 offered. Just interested. Lots of MAC. I like our chances!
    On Jay’s first link, it had Northwestern and Wisconsin offers.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    On Jay’s first link, it had Northwestern and Wisconsin offers.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    No. It didn't.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It seems the reason he has not gotten more offers from P5 schools is due to not be 6'3" or taller. If so, lots of good schools might be missing out.
    Glancing through the rosters of the top 5 schools in the nation (Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, OSU, LSU), ~75% of their WR's are 6'2" or shorter and ~45% of them are Chesson's heigth (6') or shorter. Yeah, teams want tall, fast receivers but to claim the only reason he isn't getting big offers is because he isn't 6'3" seems like a bit of a stretch. He looks like a great player regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    No. It didn't.
    Yes, it did. You have to click the "View complete team list" to get to this page: https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Da...ruitInterests/
    Hail the BISON!!!

Yes, it did. You have to click the "View complete team list" to get to this page: https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Da...ruitInterests/
    I think it shows "interest", not offers...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Glancing through the rosters of the top 5 schools in the nation (Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, OSU, LSU), ~75% of their WR's are 6'2" or shorter and ~45% of them are Chesson's heigth (6') or shorter. Yeah, teams want tall, fast receivers but to claim the only reason he isn't getting big offers is because he isn't 6'3" seems like a bit of a stretch. He looks like a great player regardless.
    I was referring to the second link in Jay's post. In that story, his HS coach, Mike Tarpey, is quoted:

"I had a coach tell me if he was 6-foot-3, everybody would be offer," Tarpey said, "they all want a 6-foot-4 kid, but he has some nice offers, and I think he will continue to get those because he is a kid who could play in all three facets of the game -- special teams, defense or offense. And his personality is one where, every kid has a preference, but he is one kid who just wants to play anywhere he can help his team."
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    I think it shows "interest", not offers...
    Well, dang it, my bad then.
    Hail the BISON!!!

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was referring to the second link in Jay's post. In that story, his HS coach, Mike Tarpey, is quoted:
    And I'm telling you that doesn't actually match up with reality when just taking a glance at the top teams in the nation, there are plenty of WR's under 6'3" and almost half are 6' or shorter. They aren't seeing his height and ignoring him strictly based on that.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pretty Simple

Offers:

FBS
    Air Force
    Army
    Navy
    Ball State
    Central Michigan
    Northern Illinois
    Miami (OH)
    Western Michigan
    New Mexico

FCS

NDSU
    South Dakota
    Western Ill
    Yale
    Missouri St
    Indiana St
    Eastern Illinois
    Harvard*
    Fordham
    Eastern Kentucky
    Dartmouth
    Cornell
    Columbia

Listed as Interest which doesn't mean much

Northwestern
    Vandy
    Wisconsin

*harvard also listed in Interest

So obviously the kid has Talent and smarts, good chance he goes MAC in a pass happy offense, or P5 comes calling. Never hurts to throw your name int he hat

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    And I'm telling you that doesn't actually match up with reality when just taking a glance at the top teams in the nation, there are plenty of WR's under 6'3" and almost half are 6' or shorter. They aren't seeing his height and ignoring him strictly based on that.
    Then go talk to his HS coach about it. Senseless to debate someone’s quote if they aren’t here to defend themselves.

Hail the BISON!!!