Page 54 of 112 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2019 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    There is no problem. Was just curious why they aren’t going after more sought after kids is all.
    I’m kinda with you. The more and better OLine recruits the better. Most important position in a team IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

The Bison have offered 4 OL that might fit the description of “higher rated” this year - who have committed elsewhere. A 5th is from rural SD so might not quite be that 3 star type......but is a reminder that the ND players, especially small-school players, don’t get coverage like more populated areas. Some of that is by their choice, depending on social media activity and what camps they attend etc.

Grant Treiber - 6’ 6” 280 - Sioux Falls Lincoln (Iowa State)(3 star 247)
    Matthew Anderson - 6’ 6” 250 - Leesville LA (Nebraska)(3 star 247)
    Tyler Cooper - 6’ 4” 295 - St Croix Falls WI (Minnesota)(3 star 247)
    Ben Hoitink - 6’ 4” 312 - Slinger WI (Princeton)(3 star 247)

Often times a recruit’s rating rises a star after committing to a FBS - P5 type school.

I do like when NDSU finds that diamond in the rough, and in the case of Jacob Rock, are his 1st offer. Who knows, could be a 3 year starter......

I also like that NDSU does not lose a lot of recruiting battles to FCS schools, especially for OL. Offers can also be a good indicator of talent on the FCS level. That 5th offer the Bison made, to a player who committed elsewhere, was to 6’ 7” Bo Donald of Kimball SD. He went with his Jackrabbit offer instead.

2018 recruiting class - Jalen Sundell had offers from Central Michigan, Western Illinois. Joe Schreiber had offers from SDSU, Southern Illinois.

2017 recruiting class - Nash Jensen had offers from Wyoming, New Mexico, Georgia State + 5 FCS offers.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 11-05-2018 at 03:14 AM.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There is no problem. Was just curious why they aren’t going after more sought after kids is all.
    This argument is better suited for the basketball thread. But I get what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    The Bison have offered 4 OL that might fit the description of “higher rated” this year - who have committed elsewhere. A 5th is from rural SD so might not quite be that 3 star type......but is a reminder that the ND players, especially small-school players, don’t get coverage like more populated areas. Some of that is by their choice, depending on social media activity and what camps they attend etc.

Grant Treiber - 6’ 6” 280 - Sioux Falls Lincoln (Iowa State)(3 star 247)
    Matthew Anderson - 6’ 6” 250 - Leesville LA (Nebraska)(3 star 247)
    Tyler Cooper - 6’ 4” 295 - St Croix Falls WI (Minnesota)(3 star 247)
    Ben Hoitink - 6’ 4” 312 - Slinger WI (Princeton)(3 star 247)

Often times a recruit’s rating rises a star after committing to a FBS - P5 type school.

I do like when NDSU finds that diamond in the rough, and in the case of Jacob Rock, are his 1st offer. Who knows, could be a 3 year starter......

I also like that NDSU does not lose a lot of recruiting battles to FCS schools, especially for OL. Offers can also be a good indicator of talent on the FCS level. That 5th offer the Bison made, to a player who committed elsewhere, was to 6’ 7” Bo Donald of Kimball SD. He went with his Jackrabbit offer instead.

2018 recruiting class - Jalen Sundell had offers from Central Michigan, Western Illinois. Joe Schreiber had offers from SDSU, Southern Illinois.

2017 recruiting class - Nash Jensen had offers from Wyoming, New Mexico, Georgia State + 5 FCS offers.
    Yep, I was going to say something similar about the OL offers that went elsewhere but I didn't follow closely enough to know for sure.

Tanner Volson should be 1st team All-MVFC this year and probably have several All-American mentions and NDSU was his only offer back in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    What wrong with putting some muscle on big old farm boys and letting them knock the shit out of people? Seems to be working.
    If it ain't broke....
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oline is very hard to project on recruiting services. Look at some a some FBS teams and see what they are recruiting for 3 star linemen. Michigan has a two 3 star OT recruits, Wis has 1 OT recruit and it is a 3 star, LSU you has an OT and OC with 3 stars commited and a 2 star Long Snapper. I bleed green and gold, but we are not beating any of those schools for recruits.

Point is offensive lineman with 3 stars are getting recruiting highly. We are best off developing rather than going head to head with Michigan over a 3 star OT recruit.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Better question is, why don’t P5 schools come after our online verbals!

As stated above they do offer early each year to some oline prospects who end up going P5. There is only so much time in the year to spend on recruiting and if the formula works of finding diamonds in the rough per se, why go spend hours each week on someone you won’t get. Also who do you trust more when it comes to rating the prospects, a recruiting service or our coaches? Jacob Rock had no stars until his NDSU offer and now he is a 2 Star. That’s not because the recruiting services decided to reevaluate his tape or sent someone to his school.

23Bison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    Oline is very hard to project on recruiting services. Look at some a some FBS teams and see what they are recruiting for 3 star linemen. Michigan has a two 3 star OT recruits, Wis has 1 OT recruit and it is a 3 star, LSU you has an OT and OC with 3 stars commited and a 2 star Long Snapper. I bleed green and gold, but we are not beating any of those schools for recruits.

Point is offensive lineman with 3 stars are getting recruiting highly. We are best off developing rather than going head to head with Michigan over a 3 star OT recruit.
    This is a good post. I’m not aware of what the P5 schools recruits look like as well. Again, I’m not saying there is anything wrong with our recruiting process and choices. Was more curious than anything.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

This is a good post. I’m not aware of what the P5 schools recruits look like as well. Again, I’m not saying there is anything wrong with our recruiting process and choices. Was more curious than anything.
    A P5 recruit is typically very close to being ready to play physically the day they step on campus. They're men among boys in high school.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Better question is, why don’t P5 schools come after our online verbals!

As stated above they do offer early each year to some oline prospects who end up going P5. There is only so much time in the year to spend on recruiting and if the formula works of finding diamonds in the rough per se, why go spend hours each week on someone you won’t get. Also who do you trust more when it comes to rating the prospects, a recruiting service or our coaches? Jacob Rock had no stars until his NDSU offer and now he is a 2 Star. That’s not because the recruiting services decided to reevaluate his tape or sent someone to his school.
    Recruiting Services are LUCKY to have jobs! Coaches are best at evaluating prospects because they know what they are looking for to fit their program.