Page 30 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2019 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Coaches may have jumped the gun a bit too.... IIRC something along those lines happened with Williston's Dylan Evans last year where a coach (I'm thinking it was Roehl) tweeted out about keeping a great DT in state and he didn't actually announce his commitment until several weeks/months after that.
    He was a long time verbal. Just wanted to go public on signing day. 2 kids verballed yesterday. Typical kids call other coaches and thank them. Each kid handles it differently. 2 studs! I hope the tw kids announce soon. We are loading up. Athletes!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    He was a long time verbal. Just wanted to go public on signing day. 2 kids verballed yesterday. Typical kids call other coaches and thank them. Each kid handles it differently. 2 studs! I hope the tw kids announce soon. We are loading up. Athletes!
    So what's the point of a coach tipping his hand before the kids announce? I have serious problems with this happening and some day it's going to blow up in some coaches face. It's like the coaches want to gloat "We know something you don't know". I say put up or shut up. No name then keep quiet.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    So what's the point of a coach tipping his hand before the kids announce? I have serious problems with this happening and some day it's going to blow up in some coaches face. It's like the coaches want to gloat "We know something you don't know". I say put up or shut up. No name then keep quiet.
    So you are suggesting the coach say the young mans name and get penalized by the NCAA?

Gloating? This is their job. Any kid that commits to NDSU in turn commits to them. What a rush! A ton of hard work goes in to recruiting each player and then some. Coaches have every right to boast about their accomplishments. By posting, it also shows other recruits that committing to NDSU means something and that the staff can't wait for them to join the family. Recruits and coaches are not obligated or required (especially coaches) to announce anything. We're fortunate to receive the information we do. As much as I want to know who verbals, I'm not going to get upset if I don't hear who. I trust the wait is worth it. I hope the coaches continue to "gloat" about every person that commits their FUTURE on NDSU. You are owed nothing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

We also have to realize the coaches can't say names so it is up to the kid to come out and say something, usually via social media. Being mad at the coach because they are excited about a kid commiting but the kid not going public is wrong imo

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Some attitudes on here are so odd to me.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    So you are suggesting the coach say the young mans name and get penalized by the NCAA?
    Say nothing until the guy makes the first announcement.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

We don't really know the circumstances behind the scenes here so it's impossible to say if anyone is in the wrong. I agree to an extent with 1980 in that if a player just wants to commit privately that the coach(es) should respect that and not drop hints on social media about getting a commitment at a certain position from a recruit in a certain state. But if that's the case and the coach asks the kid if it's ok if he (the coach) tweets out that they got a commit and the kid says it's ok then it's not hurting anyone so who cares? For all we know that's what happened in this case.

Say nothing until the guy makes the first announcement.
    Why shouldn't a coach tweet something vague after getting a verbal? I'm not understanding the reasoning. Seems a bit like, "I demand that people stop putting presents under the Christmas tree. And stop tormenting with your hints!"

I notice a lot of posters don't like associating a name with a verbal until there is confirmation, directly or indirectly, from the student.

You have "serious problems" with this? LOL. #lifeordeath
    Get your BB tickets now!!!