Page 17 of 112 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2019 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Beating us for a South Dakota player isnt that suprising. Just as UND or NDSU beating the South Dakota schools for a North Dakota kid isnt that impressive.
    Gabe, when we are heads up with SDSU, even in SD, we usually win the battle. You aren't giving NDSU enough credit for what they do down here recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Gabe, when we are heads up with SDSU, even in SD, we usually win the battle. You aren't giving NDSU enough credit for what they do down here recruiting.
    I think that really depends on the position the player is expected to play. I would never expect us to beat out SDSU for a WR from SD. Now a D-line or O-line, we better take that kid without a problem.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I think that really depends on the position the player is expected to play. I would never expect us to beat out SDSU for a WR from SD. Now a D-line or O-line, we better take that kid without a problem.
    I guess we'll see with Bo Donald. It will be a test to see if SDSU has made up any ground on the recruiting trail and keeping in state talent. Historically, you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    I guess we'll see with Bo Donald. It will be a test to see if SDSU has made up any ground on the recruiting trail and keeping in state talent. Historically, you are correct.
    The thing with recruiting between SDSU and NDSU (and the rest of the Valley really) is that with both schools successes, they can reach for higher targets which then filters down to the other teams. Let's say NDSU gets a P5/FBS/3-star guy. Well, that leaves a 2-star guy that they normally would have had to the rest of the Valley. Rising tide lifts all ships. Should be a pretty interesting year watching how the recruiting battles play out.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    The thing with recruiting between SDSU and NDSU (and the rest of the Valley really) is that with both schools successes, they can reach for higher targets which then filters down to the other teams. Let's say NDSU gets a P5/FBS/3-star guy. Well, that leaves a 2-star guy that they normally would have had to the rest of the Valley. Rising tide lifts all ships. Should be a pretty interesting year watching how the recruiting battles play out.
    I haven't seen much for commitments for UNI so maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but I think this recruiting season is underscoring the fact that SDSU has passed them up as well. The results on the field over the last few years have shown it and now that seems to be translating to recruiting. It seems SDSU is beating them with regularity in the recruits' living rooms. It wasn't that long ago that MSP was "the battleground" between NDSU and UNI... now it seems SDSU is the primary threat there. Pretty crazy to think about because just 10 years ago UNI owned this conference. Now they're the 3rd fiddle at best.

It sounds like the two early LB's from Illinois have really been beneficial in recruiting. Working hard on this class. Leaders! Gotta love that role.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Had to go look him up; Kimball, SD. Geographically, I'd think that is a tough get for NDSU. It will be interesting.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm looking into ATH Cameron Baker out of Council Bluffs, IA. He has offers from Iowa, Indiana, UNI and NDSU. He had visited NDSU already this spring it appears and loved it and retweeted Anthony Colemans's commitment. Would be a great get!!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I'm looking into ATH Cameron Baker out of Council Bluffs, IA. He has offers from Iowa, Indiana, UNI and NDSU. He had visited NDSU already this spring it appears and loved it and retweeted Anthony Colemans's commitment. Would be a great get!!
    Saw an article the other day on Iowa’s recruiting - my recollection is that they already have the scholly RB & LB’s covered for this season (barring a change). So, fwiw, thought that would improve NDSU’s chances with Baker.
    Also, Iowa took a bunch of PWO LB’s in their last recruiting class.

Here's a recruiting update...Weisenberger staying home.

https://twitter.com/dweis17/status/1011653016305459201