Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2/1 sdsu bunnies

Default Re: 2/1 sdsu bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Daum would eat Dengs Defense alive. He might go for 60 if you play Deng on him for 20 minutes.
    He eats everyone alive. He can't do it alone. You have to give help and that needs to come from Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Daum would eat Dengs Defense alive. He might go for 60 if you play Deng on him for 20 minutes.
    Besides...what else are you going to do? Repeat the same thing we've done in the past? There's a word for that....

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    He eats everyone alive. He can't do it alone. You have to give help and that needs to come from Ward.
    The trick to Daum is you have to have one guy beat him up, usually your center, then an athlete to help. He hated playing against Dex and you could see it as Dex simply beat on him. That is what you need to do to have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    The trick to Daum is you have to have one guy beat him up, usually your center, then an athlete to help. He hated playing against Dex and you could see it as Dex simply beat on him. That is what you need to do to have a chance.
    This ^^^^^^ You can bring Deng and Ward to help with their length.

Throw everything at Daum. He will still get his points but you have to make him work for them. Make him play defense. Make him run the floor. He gets winded quickly. Run him Run him Run him....
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I just hope the officials allow us to guard him, and not whistle everything. Last time in Fargo he got to the line 16 times, that's just way too many. Defensively have to send multiple looks at him. He's way to smart and talented too just play him one way.

Gonna be a tough challenge. SDSU has pieces around Daum this year. Bison will need to play a full 40 and avoid the long scoring droughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The Insiders had SDSU radio guy Tyler Merriam (sp?) on earlier this week and one thing I thought was interesting is that SDSU is down to 9 healthy bodies and really only 7 or 8 play. In the first game all 5 SDSU starters played 30+ minutes. I'd love to see the Bison be aggressive offensively and get to the FT line and try to get some Jacks players into foul trouble. For most of the first game these two teams played earlier this year Daum had more FT attempts by himself than the entire NDSU team. I also agree that the strategy has to be to aggressively double Daum and make their role players shoot 3s in order to win. If Tellytubby and Flaaten combine to go 6-9 from 3 again you can stick a fork in the Bison.

They might need all 15 fouls that Spencer, Rocky, and Dylan Miller have to give...
    One positive is I believe this is Sdsus 3rd game in 6 days

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    One positive is I believe this is Sdsus 3rd game in 6 days
    You are correct. All games have been at home but that is still a good chunk of hoops in a row. Horns Up!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Not sure why everyone is so nervous about Daum. Let him have 40. It's stopping the others from scoring more than 20 NDSU should be concerned with. Daum will always get his. He's just that good and versatile. Keep everyone else in check, make Daum use up clock to get his points and NDSU will be just fine. Keep bringing Ward off the bench. He's really embracing that roll and I think it lights a fire under him. We're going to need to nail down 3's this game. Just the feeling I have. I think they'll be open. Attack the rim early and the defense will sag. Need a big night from someone not named PSmoove.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Bison should have the much fresher legs tonight so I hope we are aggressors tonight. Put the athletes and as much speed on the floor and run these guys downhill and into the ground tonight. We can play 10 guys on any given night and SDSU plays 7-8. If it is a close game with 10 minutes left in the game I like our chances even more given we are the rested team.