Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2/1 sdsu bunnies

Default Re: 2/1 sdsu bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    We need to be the best team in the league and be the team with the best player(s) and coaches.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    This. No reason we shouldn't be at least competitive and not losing by 20 points!

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I don't know if this is just an NDSU issue. Maybe I am out of touch with how the pick & roll game is instructed, but I rarely see a proper roll at the HS and college level anymore. I want to see the screener (especially if a big guy) roll open to the ball, make themselves big and move towards the rim/lane. All too often you see the screener spin the wrong way and set up behind the 3 point line, even if they are not a 3 point shooter.
    I agree I don't know the intricisies of that when we do it with Spencer coming out to the 3 as his guy just sags off and plugs the lane. I think we are trying to set up a type of double screen for a drive but it doesn't work to often as our players don't get to the rim very well. It works with Rocky a bit more as he can step out and drop the 3. We then run the 2 man pick and roll on the other side with the post not involved. It would be interesting to switch that up and put the 5 on the side with the 2 player plays and see what happens more and run the double screen with the length of Tyson and Deng and try and put the D into mismatches if they switch that you could take advantage of more.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dave won games in his first few seasons because of LA, Brown, and Werner plain and simple. He is at a crucial point where he needs to prove it with his own recruits that his staff develops.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    We haven't run the weave all year? I know I haven't watched every game but....
    Not to my recollection. I have season tickets so I've been to about 10 home games now and watched a couple road games on ESPN3. Not saying it hasn't happened at all but I know for sure we haven't seen it in the last 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Not to my recollection. I have season tickets so I've been to about 10 home games now and watched a couple road games on ESPN3. Not saying it hasn't happened at all but I know for sure we haven't seen it in the last 3 games.
    I could be wrong but I coulda swore I saw it for a bit last night.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    It was striking to me last night that physically we look like a team of high school kids playing against college men. And unfortunately that isn't' going to change any time soon. It also doesn't look like something that will be solved by adding weight/muscle. They are just smaller bodies.
    That has stuck out to me too in the few games I have watched. Though I do think some added muscle would help. Bad training or bad recruiting or bad genetic luck? Maybe a bit of each. But every time I watch them I can't help but wonder if Dave is interfering with what Jim does. Their lack of physical development seems to be an anomaly at NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    That has stuck out to me too in the few games I have watched. Though I do think some added muscle would help. Bad training or bad recruiting or bad genetic luck? Maybe a bit of each. But every time I watch them I can't help but wonder if Dave is interfering with what Jim does. Their lack of physical development seems to be an anomaly at NDSU.
    Kraemer doesn’t work with basketball

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    http://gobison.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1136&path=mbball

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thanks, didn't realize that. Makes more sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I could be wrong but I coulda swore I saw it for a bit last night.
    Could've been towards the latter stages of the 2nd half. I turned it off with about 10 minutes to go out of disgust.