Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2/1 sdsu bunnies

Default Re: 2/1 sdsu bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I don't know if this is just an NDSU issue. Maybe I am out of touch with how the pick & roll game is instructed, but I rarely see a proper roll at the HS and college level anymore. I want to see the screener (especially if a big guy) roll open to the ball, make themselves big and move towards the rim/lane. All too often you see the screener spin the wrong way and set up behind the 3 point line, even if they are not a 3 point shooter.
    I was at the game last night (mistake) and I cannot count how many times we missed Deng on a roll to the basket. It was insanely stupid. He would set picks at the top of the key and roll to the basket for a lob or lightly contested layup. Everyone of our guards missed it. Maybe they couldn't throw it over Daum, but Christ it looked open to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Could've been towards the latter stages of the 2nd half. I turned it off with about 10 minutes to go out of disgust.
    Fair enough. :-).
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    I was at the game last night (mistake) and I cannot count how many times we missed Deng on a roll to the basket. It was insanely stupid. He would set picks at the top of the key and roll to the basket for a lob or lightly contested layup. Everyone of our guards missed it. Maybe they couldn't throw it over Daum, but Christ it looked open to me.
    Our guards don't understand the concept of throwing a ball to big guy in the lane. Does not compute. With that said, very correctable with coaching......only one more year of misery.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Our guards don't understand the concept of throwing a ball to big guy in the lane. Does not compute. With that said, very correctable with coaching......only one more year of misery.
    Not sure I understand the last part? Are we gonna improve after next year

To me it is clear the staff does not instill confidence and aggressiveness in their players. Most look hesitant and unsure of themselves. Anyone else get this impression?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    To me it is clear the staff does not instill confidence and aggressiveness in their players. Most look hesitant and unsure of themselves. Anyone else get this impression?

My thoughts as well

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Not sure I understand the last part? Are we gonna improve after next year
    Not with Richman as coach.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Drove to Brookings for the first time to watch NDSU basketball game. SHAC is much nicer than Frost Arena, I am pretty sure I was the only NDSU fan at the game other than the few family members that sat directly behind the bench. Are they going to update Frost sometime parts of it look very much like the old BSA with wood bleachers.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Drove to Brookings for the first time to watch NDSU basketball game. SHAC is much nicer than Frost Arena, I am pretty sure I was the only NDSU fan at the game other than the few family members that sat directly behind the bench. Are they going to update Frost sometime parts of it look very much like the old BSA with wood bleachers.
    Frost looks like it has plenty of leg room tho (only half joking)

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

That's why we should run the weave. It's been our system forever and now the players are learning a new offense. It would be like Klieman going to the spread offense. The players would be starting back from square one.

I think they should mix in the weave. It's ugly basketball but let's face it we were way better running it. It also slows the pace

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com