Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2/1 sdsu bunnies

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 2/1 sdsu bunnies

Read article that Richman is game planning to slow down DAUM. Does that mean won't allow him to dribble 4-6 times in post as backs down defender?

Will send double teams at him and make others make jumpers?

Make him a passer...

THAN attack him on DEFENSE.....run ball screens---high pick n rolls make him defend a lot...running around...rather than sit in lane sagging off our #5
    and stopping any dribble penetration.

Default Re: 2/1 sdsu bunnies

The Insiders had SDSU radio guy Tyler Merriam (sp?) on earlier this week and one thing I thought was interesting is that SDSU is down to 9 healthy bodies and really only 7 or 8 play. In the first game all 5 SDSU starters played 30+ minutes. I'd love to see the Bison be aggressive offensively and get to the FT line and try to get some Jacks players into foul trouble. For most of the first game these two teams played earlier this year Daum had more FT attempts by himself than the entire NDSU team. I also agree that the strategy has to be to aggressively double Daum and make their role players shoot 3s in order to win. If Tellytubby and Flaaten combine to go 6-9 from 3 again you can stick a fork in the Bison.

They might need all 15 fouls that Spencer, Rocky, and Dylan Miller have to give...

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The Insiders had SDSU radio guy Tyler Merriam (sp?) on earlier this week and one thing I thought was interesting is that SDSU is down to 9 healthy bodies and really only 7 or 8 play. In the first game all 5 SDSU starters played 30+ minutes. I'd love to see the Bison be aggressive offensively and get to the FT line and try to get some Jacks players into foul trouble. For most of the first game these two teams played earlier this year Daum had more FT attempts by himself than the entire NDSU team. I also agree that the strategy has to be to aggressively double Daum and make their role players shoot 3s in order to win. If Tellytubby and Flaaten combine to go 6-9 from 3 again you can stick a fork in the Bison.

They might need all 15 fouls that Spencer, Rocky, and Dylan Miller have to give...
    If Dylan Miller steps foot on the court we have no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    If Dylan Miller steps foot on the court we have no chance.
    I think we will need his fouls.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Read article that Richman is game planning to slow down DAUM. Does that mean won't allow him to dribble 4-6 times in post as backs down defender?

Make him a passer...

THAN attack him on DEFENSE.....run ball screens---high pick n rolls make him defend a lot...running around...rather than sit in lane sagging off our #5
    and stopping any dribble penetration
    Best way to do this is to play a lot of Rocky at the 5 spot and maybe Deng as well so he has to defend outside of the lane, if Spencer is in then pound the ball to him down low. Yes, he needs to be doubled in the post and off of ball screens, gotta force him to pass as often as possible. If the other 4 guys for SDSU beat us so be it but we can't let Daum score 30+ and expect to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post

Make him a passer...

and stopping any dribble penetration.

We need to put an athlete on him. I'd like to see Deng take the challenge and D him up for 20+ minutes tonight. Sink or Swim. A win would be huge, but at this point I hope Dave and Co. are toying with concepts that we'll use at the SL Tournament. Float a trial balloon tonight with Deng and see if he can be an option in Sioux Falls in March. At least you know what you have then. We held Jenkins in check in Fargo, but I fully expect we'll much more from him tonight. He can really play. Ward needs to man up Jenkins/Telly and help on Daum. If Daum gets swarmed by Deng and Ward, who are long, athletic, and have quick feet we can slow him down.

remember when we got excited to go on the sdsu roadtrip and party down there?

I wish those days will return....
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Best way to do this is to play a lot of Rocky at the 5 spot and maybe Deng as well so he has to defend outside of the lane, if Spencer is in then pound the ball to him down low. Yes, he needs to be doubled in the post and off of ball screens, gotta force him to pass as often as possible. If the other 4 guys for SDSU beat us so be it but we can't let Daum score 30+ and expect to win.
    I agree. Make Daum defend, that's the key. Eliason played so much last game and he just isn't an outside threat like Rocky and Deng. Or even go smaller than that with the lineup to create our own mismatches.

Also: If Daum is in the paint when you are driving, don't panic and pass. Go right at him, make him stop you. Yes, you are probably going to look silly a few times, but you only need him to make 5 mistakes all game.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I agree. Make Daum defend, that's the key. Eliason played so much last game and he just isn't an outside threat like Rocky and Deng. Or even go smaller than that with the lineup to create our own mismatches.

Also: If Daum is in the paint when you are driving, don't panic and pass. Go right at him, make him stop you. Yes, you are probably going to look silly a few times, but you only need him to make 5 mistakes all game.
    This. If you're willing to play hack a shaq on the other end why not be willing to drive right at him and MAKE him play defense. Honestly doesn't even have to be a legit scorer, take it to him and get him in foul trouble.
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 02-01-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Daum would eat Dengs Defense alive. He might go for 60 if you play Deng on him for 20 minutes.