Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Rules Survey

Default Re: NCAA Rules Survey

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    A hurdle is defined as jumping over an opponent with your foot or knee first and the opponent is not touching the ground with anything other than their feet. So if the opponent is on the ground or has his hand on the ground it's not a hurdle. If you dive over a pile head first it's not a hurdle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    If Bonnet wasn't allowed to hurdle there would have been at least three players who could have wound up dead. Do you want that blood on your hands committee? Do you?!
    Or you will see more of this happen.

I think players know instinctively when hurdles aren't safe and avoid them. You probably see more injuries when a player goes up high for a pass and someone tackles them in mid air or when they land. That's how Adam Thielan got hurt. It's football. I mean what are they going to kill hurdling over the goal line on 4th and inches? Walter Paytons legacy would be gone in modern days. Dude used to literally jump over the entire pile.

Last edited by HerdBot; 02-01-2018 at 12:01 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Walter Payton DOVE over the goal line. He didn't hurdle.

Leave the fricken game alone. Looks like a bunch of lawyers writing all that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Leave the fricken game alone. Looks like a bunch of lawyers writing all that crap.
    Just obsessive micro managers that’s football and football coaches for you.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Walter Payton DOVE over the goal line. He didn't hurdle.

Either way he's leaving his feet and flying in the air and it's probably more dangerous since he had a zero percent chance of landing on his feet. Better chance he landed on his head or into a linebacker.

Completely safe

But this is dangerous?

(both feet are on the ground, even more a few seconds before the picture)

This is a stupid rule just like most on the list. Wish football was more like baseball. Quit fucking with the rules or it's going to look like this

Last edited by HerdBot; 02-01-2018 at 01:13 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'm really against that Rule that JMU fans are trying to get added to the game...the Rule that says if a receiver drops a pass that they usually catch, then it still counts as a catch.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Just obsessive micro managers that’s football and football coaches for you.
    It’s today’s world...every business/job/profession has micro managers that oversee micro managers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Every sport at every level has tweaked their rules every year since the sport was invented. Forward passes used to be illegal. Sports evolve. They aren't changing rules just to change them.

As for hurdling vs. diving, hurdling is a foul at every level except NCAA and even then only the runner is allowed to do it. An offensive player diving over an opponent is legal at every level. I thinks that's a clear distinction of the safety of one act over the other. Just because there are examples of players being able to do it without contacting an opponent, it is extremely dangerous. I have no idea if there is support for passing this change but it is clearly a safety issue and very different from diving.

If a receiver is considered wide open by the color commentator and drops a pass the offense shall be granted a do over. Just for JMU

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The sport as a whole is too hands on and bullyish and creates a culture of harassment. Tackling should eventually be replaced with some form of lazer tag or proximity indication.