Thread: 2018 Verbal: KENNETH CHANNELLE, WR FL

Hybrid View

Default 2018 Verbal: KENNETH CHANNELLE, WR FL

Late night news but a huge commit at WR!
    https://t.co/G0BaluV1w3

KENNETH CHANNELLE
    WR
    5-10 164
    Jacksonville, Florida

Offers
    Central Michigan
    Tennessee Tech
    Alcorn State
    Elon
    Campbell
    Mercer
    And others

https://247sports.com/Player/Kenneth-Channelle-46039527

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: KENNETH CHANNELLE, WR FL

I do not think he is that huge of a get (meaning size at 5'11) but damn looks like he has "Southern Speed." I was impressed with the highlight film. Welcome to the Bison Mr. Channelle!
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Welcome! This fragrance is called "Bison Victory by Channelle".

Mentioned it in the recruiting thread but I wonder if this means that Talbert is going to start off as a DB since this would be the 4th WR commit of this class with Sproles, Talbert, Mathis, and now Channelle?

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Welcome! This fragrance is called "Bison Victory by Channelle".

Mentioned it in the recruiting thread but I wonder if this means that Talbert is going to start off as a DB since this would be the 4th WR commit of this class with Sproles, Talbert, Mathis, and now Channelle?
    That is what i would assume. When the signed him he was listed "DB/WR." Could mean they are trying him at DB first, or just alphabetical order. I am guessing he will be a cornerback.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    That is what i would assume. When the signed him he was listed "DB/WR." Could mean they are trying him at DB first, or just alphabetical order. I am guessing he will be a cornerback.
    Ty Brooks started as a corner and then he rushed for 700 yards, averaged 9.2 ypc, had 7 rushing TDs, and caught a TD pass in only 10 games as a sophomore. And he averaged 29 yards on 3 kick returns and had an 80 yard TD called back

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Ty Brooks started as a corner and then he rushed for 700 yards, averaged 9.2 ypc, had 7 rushing TDs, and caught a TD pass in only 10 games as a sophomore. And he averaged 29 yards on 3 kick returns and had an 80 yard TD called back
    Yes he did! I am happy for him. Has nothing to do with this conversation. Professor brought up that Talbert could play DB, since we brought in two more WR commits. I said I agree because of what was posted when they signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    I do not think he is that huge of a get (meaning size at 5'11) but damn looks like he has "Southern Speed." I was impressed with the highlight film. Welcome to the Bison Mr. Channelle!
    If he performs like Ryan Smith he won't need to be huge. We need some speed.

Speed would be Jayden Price. Ran a 10.73 100 last year. I'm curious to see if he runs a 10.6 something this year. He improved remarkably every other year, he may even run 10.5 this year.

I haven't heard anything about him running for the Bison, but if he really is this fast, I would expect them to recruit him.

Sorry, this is kinda the wrong thread. This one really got side tracked.

A lot of really fast guys are bad punt returners and a lot of slow but quick guys with excellent vision and timing are great punt returners.

As far as ST's, I think the responsibility is on our ST's/WR coach. Would only be on Kleiman if the coach just isn't capable and needs to be replaced.

I think what the Bison really need is a guy who is just flat gifted at punt returning. Not necessarily a TD machine, but a player who never muffs and has that innate ability to know when he can field the punt, and when it should be fair caught, and when he just needs to step away. It's like playing center field at a high level. It takes gifting,talent, and skill. IMO, ST's really are special.

Maybe Kenneth runs a 4.7 forty but he has these other qualities. Godspeed Kenneth.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/recru...ds-by-example/

Averaged 30 yards per punt return which isn't bad.