Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: KENNETH CHANNELLE, WR FL

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: KENNETH CHANNELLE, WR FL

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Something tells me that if we call timeout and re-align in order to cover a fake punt JMU changes their call. So simply being heads up in that situation would probably have changed the outcome. Just my opinion.
    JMU had absolutely no reason to punt the ball. Situational football awareness tell you that just by looking at the game clock.Not one person should have come off the line.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4x View Post
    People need to find something to bitch about. When you are as good as the Bison have been for so many years, it's tough to find something to complain about.
    Special teams should have single handily cost us a national championship this year. We could have easily lost by 30 with the field position they had. If not for an awesome defensive performance we lose that game by a lot. In this case the bitching is well deserved for this year's punting and returning.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Not going for blocks AND always fair-catching kinda contradict one another. If you’re not trying to block the punt, setting up return is what you should be doing. We just do neither.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I totally agree and was going to say the same thing. It's fine not to be aggressive in trying to block kicks but then you should be setting up a return. The only way it could be worse is to not even try to fair catch it and just let the ball bounce until it stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Special teams should have single handily cost us a national championship this year. We could have easily lost by 30 with the field position they had. If not for an awesome defensive performance we lose that game by a lot. In this case the bitching is well deserved for this year's punting and returning.
    Our punter was obviously hurt. He's never been great but after the roughing, he wasn't the same. But like I said earlier, a roughing penalty can be a game killer and for JMU, that was the difference in the game. Had they played it safe like us, who knows.

Our return coverage sucked as did the fake punt for that game. But our kick and punt coverage was pretty solid all year.

I would like to see us improve in both punting and returns. I like conservative but we were far right last year.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    JMU had absolutely no reason to punt the ball. Situational football awareness tell you that just by looking at the game clock.Not one person should have come off the line.
    Right so if we lined up to stop the fake they would have called a timeout and most likely put in a regular play to try to get a first down. Point stands that if we see the obvious and make an adjustment they are most likely forced to adjust as well.

Hey everyone! We won the game, the special teams was bad, time to move on. We should get back to welcoming Kenneth Channelle to the herd. Young man just made the best decision of his life. He probably cannot even imagine how great this is going to be for him. Welcome, young man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hansen View Post
    Hey everyone! We won the game, the special teams was bad, time to move on. We should get back to welcoming Kenneth Channelle to the herd. Young man just made the best decision of his life. He probably cannot even imagine how great this is going to be for him. Welcome, young man!!!
    Lol, like he is going to read this thread.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    I do not think he is that huge of a get (meaning size at 5'11) but damn looks like he has "Southern Speed." I was impressed with the highlight film. Welcome to the Bison Mr. Channelle!
    If he performs like Ryan Smith he won't need to be huge. We need some speed.

Speed would be Jayden Price. Ran a 10.73 100 last year. I'm curious to see if he runs a 10.6 something this year. He improved remarkably every other year, he may even run 10.5 this year.

I haven't heard anything about him running for the Bison, but if he really is this fast, I would expect them to recruit him.

Sorry, this is kinda the wrong thread. This one really got side tracked.

A lot of really fast guys are bad punt returners and a lot of slow but quick guys with excellent vision and timing are great punt returners.

As far as ST's, I think the responsibility is on our ST's/WR coach. Would only be on Kleiman if the coach just isn't capable and needs to be replaced.

I think what the Bison really need is a guy who is just flat gifted at punt returning. Not necessarily a TD machine, but a player who never muffs and has that innate ability to know when he can field the punt, and when it should be fair caught, and when he just needs to step away. It's like playing center field at a high level. It takes gifting,talent, and skill. IMO, ST's really are special.

Maybe Kenneth runs a 4.7 forty but he has these other qualities. Godspeed Kenneth.