Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekend matches

Default Re: Weekend matches

Urbach leads Rosser 4-1 after 1. He has a couple nice shots in this one and Rosser is no slouch

Urbach leads 4-2 heading to the third and he's been close on a bunch of TDs. Starts on bottom in the third

Urbach gets 4 TDs and wins 9-3. Impressive match from him.

Witzig at 184

Witzig loses by decision. He had the lead in the first period but gave up a takedown at the buzzer in the 2nd and gave up another in the third

Eaton wins by major decision

Big Dan closes it out with a 10-4 win. NDSU wins 34-3

I have been disappointed in Metz wrestling overall this year. I thought he would redshirt but really dominate in opens. I sure wish Schearer wouldn't have gotten hurt so we could see if he is developing. Van Mannen will likely take over at 49 next year. It is likely that someone good will sit next year in our first 2 weight classes. This year Ream and Fogarty are our only wrestlers to have a shot at being all americans. I thought ream had a decent shot last year but he didn't come close. Maybe this year? Beginning of the year I thought Sykora if he continued to develop might show all American potential but that has not happened either. Bianche has had some impressive wins. Stibral has surprised and I guess it is possible Metz might not even beat him out next year. That would be depressing because we need all American potential guys to improve as a team.

Agreed on Metz. He still has tremendous potential, but he needs to develop some kind of leg attack, get stronger, and work on his body. All hope isn't lost, as he does have some really good wins on the year, but he hasn't lit the world on fire like I had hoped he would

Fo-gar-tree's match against Purdue got replayed on the BTN Wrestling in 60 program tonight,