Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1/27 Western Illinois

Default Re: 1/27 Western Illinois

I really thought it was going to be a disaster but things got going and the game was fun.
    Their 7 footer seemed to be a liability. And a pouter and complainer. Paul made him look foolish a couple of times under the basket, besides shooting over him. Deng was more aggressive today. So of course he sits.
    I guess a win is a win.
    Also- had a Chicago dog. Perfection.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

I've ripped our offense all year but today was pretty fun to watch. Props

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I've ripped our offense all year but today was pretty fun to watch. Props
    Once they started driving it became fun before that was painful

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Geu just had about 6 rolls in the last 2 possessions which would have resulted in dunks and NDSU doesn't even pass. Coaches need to work on throwing the ball inside. Thaqt should be the first look every time, it's there every time, and there's no action with it.
    Yep, on consecutive possessions we missed Gue rolling to the basket wide open. Ball screen 101. If it doesn't free up the shooter the screener should be open on the roll. I hope our staff recognizes the missed opportunities!

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Yep, on consecutive possessions we missed Gue rolling to the basket wide open. Ball screen 101. If it doesn't free up the shooter the screener should be open on the roll. I hope our staff recognizes the missed opportunities!
    There’s a pretty big blind spot it appears with the coaching staff regarding Geu. Personally I would be flipping his minutes with 21, or be playing them both. Deng should be getting 30 minutes a night, not 10. Very frustrating.

Since the coaching staff refuses to cut AJ's minutes I'd hope they figure out some ways to get AJ and Geu on the court at the same time. How about going small for a bit while every once in a while and play either Geu or AJ at the 5? They can't really do it against teams like WIU who have a true big but they could've done it against Omaha. It seems clear the 5 spot is an offensive liability this year (somewhat less with Rocky out there) so why not go small every so often and get a little more dynamic on offense and give Geu a few more minutes?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Since the coaching staff refuses to cut AJ's minutes I'd hope they figure out some ways to get AJ and Geu on the court at the same time. How about going small for a bit while every once in a while and play either Geu or AJ at the 5? They can't really do it against teams like WIU who have a true big but they could've done it against Omaha. It seems clear the 5 spot is an offensive liability this year (somewhat less with Rocky out there) so why not go small every so often and get a little more dynamic on offense and give Geu a few more minutes?
    Seems like the coach is a bit set in his ways when it comes to substitutions/playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Seems like the coach is a bit set in his ways when it comes to substitutions/playing time.
    Yeah, he seems to stick to the same rotations even (at least early in the game). Against both Omaha and WIU he subbed in 4 guys (Samuelson, Ward, Geu, and Kreuser) at the under 16 timeout in the first half with Paul Miller being the only guy that stayed out there.