Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1/25 vs Omaha

Default Re: 1/25 vs Omaha

Great win. Nice to see Rocky have a sold game. Ward was attacking the hoop a lot, good to see.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Going to win a lot of games when you hold the opponent to 58 points. Ward coming off the bench worked. Offense wasn't always pretty but at this point we just needed a win.

Took care of business. Defense finally showed up and was really good tonight. That's the lowest output for Omaha all season. Offense was a bit up and down but did like some adjustments that were made.

Build off this win and go get another one on Saturday vs WIU.

Nice response from Ward tonight. Now lets put him back in the starting 5. No pt from Dylan. Even late. Should only play for emergency purposes. Geu only 13 min and Kreuser in more though.

Great defensive effort. Still shot too many threes, especially late in the first half when we were tired, but we shot well and I liked how we drove inside and kicked it out to get them. Only took 10 free throws but we were perfect from the line. Omaha isn't a good team but we needed a win to get some positive vibes going.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Omaha 7-16. Record. 4-16 vs d1
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Nice response from Ward tonight. Now lets put him back in the starting 5. No pt from Dylan. Even late. Should only play for emergency purposes. Geu only 13 min and Kreuser in more though.
    Did Dylan play? I don't think I saw him.
    AJ had no points. Couldn't buy a basket.
    I think Spenser has been watching tape of Dex. He might just turn out to be a fun player.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I think Spenser has been watching tape of Dex. He might just turn out to be a fun player.
    Spencer has definitely stepped up his game. He was battling and even showed a bit of aggressiveness. Deng d looked a lot better. I really think we need to put him inposition to get more put back baskets. We can't be bailing all the time on the o board. This team has to steal a few possessions if we are going to beat teams we shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Spencer has definitely stepped up his game. He was battling and even showed a bit of aggressiveness. Deng d looked a lot better. I really think we need to put him inposition to get more put back baskets. We can't be bailing all the time on the o board. This team has to steal a few possessions if we are going to beat teams we shouldn't.
    First time in a while I was able to watch about an entire game. Some observations from someone who has not followed as close I as should, other than cuss when I see all the poor losses:

1. Eliason has potential. He was pushing guys around, and I finally saw a real post out there. With that said, I don't like how much time they have him spending on the perimeter as I am not sure exactly what they expect out of him out there. Get that kid inside more, and let him work on his post moves. Thing I can't figure out is how Dylan Miller was ever playing in front of him.
    2. Ward is the next star player. He just needs to learn to be an aggressive driving player as he is not the shooter Miller is. When he is aggressive, he is a blast to watch.
    3. Like others, I'll never quite understand what happened to AJ. He is a non factor on offense.
    4. Get Deng more minutes. I nearly threw something at the TV when he was playing great in the first half on both ends, so to reward him, Dave takes him out. Dave, I don't give a darn what your minutes chart says, when a young guys like that is rolling, let him roll to build confidence. You don't get athletes like that at NDSU, and you want him to be another Tryvon, but he will never be if you don't let him play.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    AJ only shot 4 times---he must've lost passion for basketball---burned out! From the HS player and Bison FR player who LOVED to score points; he's not even close to that attitude
    Defense showed up but its a bad team in the conference too
    Paul very good all around game--
    FINALLY BENCHED DYLAN MILLER
    Ward needs to stay coming off the bench until learns not to force things and shoot 3's early in shot clock
    Got the WIN