Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 1/25 vs Omaha

Default Re: 1/25 vs Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    AJ only shot 4 times---he must've lost passion for basketball---burned out! From the HS player and Bison FR player who LOVED to score points; he's not even close to that attitude
    I watched on delay cuz I had to work late. I hate to say this cuz I feel like the guy has enough people ragging on him, but as the second half started last night the announcer said he had no points in the first half. I thought....how does one of your senior leaders not have any points in the first half? And it turned out he had none the whole game!

Why is he out there eating minutes then? What is he bringing to the team that he got the second most minutes on the team last night behind miller? No points, no fouls, 1 Assist, 1 steal. yeesh. Might be time to get some younger kids some minutes. I hate to say that to a senior...but its time.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good win to hopefully get back on track. Some positive things to continue to build off.

No sign of Dylan Miller finally
    Different set on offense for stretches
    Some full court pressure to change things up

Kudos to Coach Richman for throwing in a few new wrinkles!!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Bison win by double digits. Tyson has a nice game and this game thread prolly only gets to three pages.

That's my call, Go Bison!
    This was a wonderful call but I'll probably be the one to ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    Good win to hopefully get back on track. Some positive things to continue to build off.

No sign of Dylan Miller finally
    Different set on offense for stretches
    Some full court pressure to change things up

Kudos to Coach Richman for throwing in a few new wrinkles!!
    These are all things I noticed as well, D Miller did not play and it resulted in more minutes for Rocky who played very well. The offense actually worked the ball into the post a few times throughout this game and Spencer did very well with it most of the time. I liked the full court pressure after a made free throw, nice to see a little change of pace. I know AJ scored zero points but he's been playing much better of late so hopefully this was just an off night and he'll get back on track Saturday, that being said since it was an off night for him Geu shoulda played more minutes in my opinion as he was playing very well.

Overall defense was great holding Omaha to their lowest total of the season, offense was good but still sloppy at times and we had to heave a few shots up at the shot clock buzzer but it was a step in the right direction against a team we absolutely needed to beat.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    First time in a while I was able to watch about an entire game. Some observations from someone who has not followed as close I as should, other than cuss when I see all the poor losses:

1. Eliason has potential. He was pushing guys around, and I finally saw a real post out there. With that said, I don't like how much time they have him spending on the perimeter as I am not sure exactly what they expect out of him out there. Get that kid inside more, and let him work on his post moves. Thing I can't figure out is how Dylan Miller was ever playing in front of him.
    2. Ward is the next star player. He just needs to learn to be an aggressive driving player as he is not the shooter Miller is. When he is aggressive, he is a blast to watch.
    3. Like others, I'll never quite understand what happened to AJ. He is a non factor on offense.
    4. Get Deng more minutes. I nearly threw something at the TV when he was playing great in the first half on both ends, so to reward him, Dave takes him out. Dave, I don't give a darn what your minutes chart says, when a young guys like that is rolling, let him roll to build confidence. You don't get athletes like that at NDSU, and you want him to be another Tryvon, but he will never be if you don't let him play.
    AGREED! 13 minutes last night. The least amount of minutes played of the 9 players who got in. If that NCAA transfer rule passes, I wouldn't be surprised if he left. Already almost a Jr. and wasting his time.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    AGREED! 13 minutes last night. The least amount of minutes played of the 9 players who got in. If that NCAA transfer rule passes, I wouldn't be surprised if he left. Already almost a Jr. and wasting his time.
    AJ got 27 minutes last night. Just sayin.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    AJ got 27 minutes last night. Just sayin.
    Could have given Rocky and Deng 5-7 minutes each of those minutes. 4 shots? Come on AJ. I do think the fire is gone for him as Teach said.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Could have given Rocky and Deng 5-7 minutes each of those minutes. 4 shots? Come on AJ. I do think the fire is gone for him as Teach said.
    I actually thought AJ took his opportunities, he just didn't have many, the guy guarding him last night was quicker than he was so he couldn't get to the lane like he has been. I didn't find myself yelling "shoot the damn ball" to him once last night so that was a plus. That being said Deng could get to the rim so that shoulda been a change we made in minutes and we didn't. AJ's previous 3 games have been solid:
    vs. ORU - 12 pts, 8 rbs
    vs. UND - 18 pts, 5 rbs
    @ IPFW - 21 pts, 4 rbs

He played solid defense last night so I'm willing to let this one game slide as long as it's just one game, he had been steadily increasing his aggressiveness so hopefully this is just a blip on the radar and not him falling back into mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I actually thought AJ took his opportunities, he just didn't have many, the guy guarding him last night was quicker than he was so he couldn't get to the lane like he has been. I didn't find myself yelling "shoot the damn ball" to him once last night so that was a plus. That being said Deng could get to the rim so that shoulda been a change we made in minutes and we didn't. AJ's previous 3 games have been solid:
    vs. ORU - 12 pts, 8 rbs
    vs. UND - 18 pts, 5 rbs
    @ IPFW - 21 pts, 4 rbs

He played solid defense last night so I'm willing to let this one game slide as long as it's just one game, he had been steadily increasing his aggressiveness so hopefully this is just a blip on the radar and not him falling back into mediocrity.
    #44 was guarding AJ and I made the comment that Paul would shoot over that kid. Next thing we know, Paul shoots a three over 44. Everyone thought it was funny. I did not.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    #44 was guarding AJ and I made the comment that Paul would shoot over that kid. Next thing we know, Paul shoots a three over 44. Everyone thought it was funny. I did not.
    I guess when I saw noticed him not driving #21 was on him but either way we all know Paul is substantially more athletic than AJ

Glad to see Spencer stepping up. Would like to see him finish a little stronger at the rim however. I still think D. Miller can bring some energy off the bench and provide some valuable minutes. P-smooth is rolling but someone else has to step up with him down the stretch and score the ball. If AJ can step up to the level we know he can and another consistent scorer emerges this team can be dangerous come tourney time. Gotta put a stop to long scoring stretches. I don't think our D was all that great vs. Omaha as they just flat out missed a lot of open shots but hey nice to see that happen to another team other than us. Love it when ball movement works Krueser and Quayle for open 3's. Let's go Bison you can do this!