Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Zach Mathis

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Zach Mathis

Maybe we should get his teammate to come to ndsu too. I see his OT is the number 7 overall recruit in the country. Must have some serious talent on that team.

oh ohhhhh Mathis might be my breakout player of 22!!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcJRUrR...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Tik tok or football playing breakout?

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

You would think that with all his physical upside he could just dominate. But who knows what has been in his mind up until now as far as his wanting it bad enough. Watson was a workout maniac from what I heard, is Mathis the same way? Watson seems so fluid and his movement looks natural, where Mathis to me seems a bit awkward. At 6'5 you need to weigh about 210-215, otherwise you are pretty much just a stick out there. At 6'5 195 you are just not going to be doing all the intangibles that a NDSU receiver needs to do. He could very well get out played by a 5'11 200+ safety or corner.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    You would think that with all his physical upside he could just dominate. But who knows what has been in his mind up until now as far as his wanting it bad enough. Watson was a workout maniac from what I heard, is Mathis the same way? Watson seems so fluid and his movement looks natural, where Mathis to me seems a bit awkward. At 6'5 you need to weigh about 210-215, otherwise you are pretty much just a stick out there. At 6'5 195 you are just not going to be doing all the intangibles that a NDSU receiver needs to do. He could very well get out played by a 5'11 200+ safety or corner.
    NDSU's Mathis Back Healthy This Spring After Multiple Injury Setbacks - KVRR Local News

Hip flexor and three knee injuries - so hopefully he gets back to complete healthy for fall because I remember he looked very fluid in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Watson was 6-5, 208 his senior year
    Mathis is 6-6, 205 and he weighed 187 as a freshman.

With a reach advantage like that you can beat a jamming corner

“I messed up my hip flexor. I broke my pinky. I dislocated my pinky. I broke my elbow. Tore my mcl and tore my meniscus twice. That’s it.”

He was hurt. Nothing to do with lack of will. If anything coming back to play with all these injuries shows he had a ton of will

He should have a great senior season. He's not a burner but his height advantage is huge

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Watson was 6-5, 208 his senior year
    Mathis is 6-6, 205 and he weighed 187 as a freshman.

With a reach advantage like that you can beat a jamming corner

He was hurt too

“I messed up my hip flexor. I broke my pinky. I dislocated my pinky. I broke my elbow. Tore my mcl and tore my meniscus twice. That’s it.”

He should have a great senior season. He's not a burner but his height advantage is huge
    Now or never. Glad he's stuck it out through all the injuries. Hoping him the best.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Now or never. Glad he's stuck it out through all the injuries. Hoping him the best.
    If he's back after all those injuries, he has a ton of will

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If he's back after all those injuries, he has a ton of will
    He hadn’t done squad yet. I wasn’t sure if it was health or ability, but Let’s Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    He hadn’t done squad yet. I wasn’t sure if it was health or ability, but Let’s Go!
    Apparently a knee, finger, elbow and hip are important for a receiver. Young man reminds me of Vraas first 3 years... and finally we got to see him and he was great.