Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Zach Mathis

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Zach Mathis

Keep that Florida pipeline flowing.....and I so love beating a P5 school on a recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    If he’s strong enough to beat press coverage, he will play early. Big get, seems like these Florida kids stick it out.
    They play football year round.. Season, then spring ball plus 7 on 7 during summer.. Also they workout 3 to 5 days a week during off season and position workouts also in summer.. this is happens in SC so assume it happens in FLorida.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    At this point, I would much rather see a great punter and kicker or a 2 or 3 star DT. How about a kid who can long snap?
    I'm fairly confident our long snapper is already on the roster. Just at a different position right now. Now back to Zach...

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A kid like this could be a game changer. Nice to see we get a WR with some size. We can see how that can help your offense... Stapleton and Weineke(Sp?) for example.

Welcome Zach! Pumped to see the Bison get a commit from a big (literally) WR target.

He's definitely got the build and athleticism to be a difference maker. Let's hope he has the head and the heart to make it come to fruition. It would certainly add a new dimension to this team.

Welcome to the Bison Zach!

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    I love the breakdown of film and body type in every verbal thread especially the questioning of actual height/weight ect.. lol

Just be happy we are getting this type of player
    Body type is huge we've seen it over and over. If he was 6-6, 220 lbs now he would be playing in the SEC. If the kid has a 6-4 brother who is a TE, logic says he won't have any issues getting up to playing weight if he trains right. Gotta remember a 6-6 195 pound receiver won't even get off the line of scrimmage at this level but 210-220 and we've got a stud. If I had to guess, he will red shirt. I'm super excited about this kids potential. Big time ceiling.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Potential is the key word here. I laugh when people crown a WR recruit as the next best thing. That has to be one of the hardest positions to predict, I have heard predictions of it for not just years but decades. There are so many intangibles and little idiosyncrasies that go into that position. I am excited and he has the measurables but he has a lot to prove on the Bison football field before I get to excited over a WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Welcome Zach! Pumped to see the Bison get a commit from a big (literally) WR target.

He's definitely got the build and athleticism to be a difference maker. Let's hope he has the head and the heart to make it come to fruition. It would certainly add a new dimension to this team.
    I agree. With offers from army and air force, I think we're getting the right kind of kid. Let's hope he's the difference maker we'll be needing on this team
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Snowgoose is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=Alsen;1264795]http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/homete...yers-to-watch/

Apparently he is also a stud basketball player, which isn't surprising after seeing how smooth and graceful he looked on the football field.

If he is stud BB player we may need him on the court for the Bison as well based on how our team will be after this year.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.