Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Zach Mathis

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Zach Mathis

Watched his highlights. Kid can jump, has really soft hands, and is very coordinated for a guy who is this tall. Can't tell on speed because I don't know the level of football there and he didn't t get in the open field much on his highlights

With all tall guys, it all comes down to putting on weight so they can get off the line of scrimmage and block, while keeping speed and learning the playbook. If that happens this kids got quite the upside and a great frame for Kramer to work with

Welcome aboard

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I believe his brother is Jacob, a 4 star TE at Ole Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Watched his highlights. Kid can jump, had really soft hands, and is very coordinated for a guy who is this tall. Can't tell on speed because I don't know the level of football there and he didn't t get in the open field much on his highlights

With all tall guys, it all comes down to putting on weight so they can get off the line of scrimmage and block, while keeping speed and learning the playbook. If that happens this kids got quite the upside and a great frame for Kramer to work with

Welcome aboard
    Southern speed

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This just gets better and better. I wish the season started tomorrow. Welcome to the Mathis family.

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/...s_1022346.html

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Has the genes to put some weight on.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I believe his brother is Jacob, a 4 star TE at Ole Miss.
    Yep, found this from some twitter luck. Really excited about Zach, looks like he goes up and gets the ball.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/homete...yers-to-watch/

Apparently he is also a stud basketball player, which isn't surprising after seeing how smooth and graceful he looked on the football field.

This article listed him at 6'7". Maybe he really is 6'6" then.

I don't understand how a kid like this is only a two star recruit. I can understand kids from the upper midwest flying under the radar, but Tampa?

I suppose there could be some issues we aren't seeing in the highlights, but from what I just saw and considering the academic,spiritual, and family things.....I sure didn't think I saw anything that good coaching couldn't develop into a high impact player.

Sky's the limit for this kid.

This recruiting class is just ridiculous. It's not fair. I actually feel sorry for the rest of MVC.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Boy this is great!!! Welcome Zach and GO BISON!!!

Now if the coaches can close the deal on one more WR by the name of Xavier Johnson I might just cry! Great class coming in and need to keep it going!
    At this point, I would much rather see a great punter and kicker or a 2 or 3 star DT. How about a kid who can long snap?

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I love the breakdown of film and body type in every verbal thread especially the questioning of actual height/weight ect.. lol

Just be happy we are getting this type of player