Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Interesting

Default Re: Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    My sister lived for a year or two in Alabama. When she got there someone asked, "Are you ready for winters here?" My sister responded, "I think so. Why?" They said, "Because it gets cold here." She asked, "How cold?" One of them said, "It can get into the 40's at night." She said, "I'm from North Dakota. I'm not impressed."
    It gets colder than that.

Here it gets into the 20's and 30's during "cold snaps" or whatever you want to call it, and we are directly beneath Alabama. Doesn't make a yuuuuuge difference, but yeah.
    College of Business Alumnus

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    It gets colder than that.

Here it gets into the 20's and 30's during "cold snaps" or whatever you want to call it, and we are directly beneath Alabama. Doesn't make a yuuuuuge difference, but yeah.
    When I was down in Louisiana it got down into the mid 30's. And it was cold, not below zero cold and it certainly didn't last a very long time. But when that humid air gets down to those temps, you feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    When I was down in Louisiana it got down into the mid 30's. And it was cold, not below zero cold and it certainly didn't last a very long time. But when that humid air gets down to those temps, you feel it.
    Yep, you are right.. In the 30's with humidity at 60%, you can feel it.. goes right through you

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We had 26 about 10 days ago in Central Florida with some wind (10-15, not full blown ND strength) and it was straight out cold. You are right, we just don't linger in that more than a day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    Yep, you are right.. In the 30's with humidity at 60%, you can feel it.. goes right through you

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Very true about humidity. A few years ago, I was in Rochester, MN running an event. When I went to start the car the first morning, I thought the temperature was like ten below. However, when I got the car started and saw the outdoor temp gage read somewhere near 30 degrees, I realized that I have been spoiled with Colorado's somewhat arid climate. 30 degrees here doesn't even warrant me putting on a heavy jacket.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I thought the Championship game against Illinois State was damn cold

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I thought the Championship game against Illinois State was damn cold

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Or you were just low on antifreeze

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Now I know you're lying.
    He said the Ox cheeks were fabulous.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    We had 26 about 10 days ago in Central Florida with some wind (10-15, not full blown ND strength) and it was straight out cold. You are right, we just don't linger in that more than a day or so.
    Glad I'm not the only one. While still a cakewalk in winter, it can be a chilly cakewalk.
    College of Business Alumnus

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sweet fancy Moses. This is going to be a really long off season.
    Insert something clever here...