Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special Teams

Default Special Teams

Trying to get a feel how the fan base sees the Bison special teams performance from last year, and how do we look going into next season??

I know our long snapper is graduating.

I recall blocked kicks against Northern Iowa.

Any thoughts on what to expect as far as punter?

Can Peterson be expected to improve at this stage or should there be competition?

Thoughts? Expectations?

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Special Teams

Cam has hit some big field goals for us in the past...that being said he has been VERY inconsistent. I feel like he hasn’t progressed much (kicks are low, low percentage). I wonder what Reinholz looks like? He’s got quite the leg and seems to put more loft on his kicks and FGs.

Punting wise, I think they need to spend a full scholly on their punter. The last couple years with Koonce have been pretty meh. He didn’t have the ability to flip the field like LeCompte and that is something that a punter needs to be able to do every now and then. I felt like teams had better field position the last couple years than in years past. Hopefully Wegner has a good spring and finds some more power in his leg.

It’ll be tough without Fisher as LS. It seemed like more often than not, he was way downfield by the time the ball got close to the returner. He was really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Do we have anyone on the line for punting the next couple years.

It struck me as pretty mediocre, and horrible in the Championship game.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Special teams- HAH! Barely good enough to get NDSU their 14th championship, or sneak by Iowa last year.

Maybe The Bison are regressing. Be cool to see some other teams surpass them by meeting their excellence.

Would make for some fantastic football, instead of some loosers who may be wishing for regression.

I still think the loosers will be disappointed. NDSU has taken years off, even decades off before.

Hard to win every, single, game.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Punter needs to get better.... Drago started a string of great punting but they fell off the past couple of years.

Zero concern about Field Goal kicking

LS..... to be honest I have no clue

I am sure our coaches are not worried and will do nothing to improve our special teams play.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I am sure our coaches are not worried and will do nothing to improve our special teams play.
    Your confidence in our coaching staff is well placed. Rah! Rah! Rah! We are all there.

However.....our 2017 started with a delay penalty before the opening kickoff. When the ball was kicked, it was returned to our 40, and only an outstanding play Dmitri Williams saved a TD.

The season continued with our defense massacring everything in sight, and our ST's kicking and coverage continuing to be WTH?

This stuff continued through the playoffs and into the championship game.

One might actually take what you said literally and not be that far off. I'm not serious,of course, but you get the point. Right?

We had problems before the season began and they were obviously not dealt with during the season. Northern Iowa was debacle, and we didn't win that game in a wipe-out, it was 30-14, but we did not dominate them and slaughter them, and we could have.

Look, Bison put a big 10 caliber defense on the field last year, and we are going to have a similar quality defense next year. That kind of dominance can mask issues with ST's kicking and coverage; but does that mean we ignore the issue?

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How the hell did NDSU win...

Bad punt coverage...

Wr who can't get off line of scrimmage...

QB that completes less than 65%...

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Your confidence in our coaching staff is well placed. Rah! Rah! Rah! We are all there.

However.....our 2017 started with a delay penalty before the opening kickoff. When the ball was kicked, it was returned to our 40, and only an outstanding play Dmitri Williams saved a TD.

The season continued with our defense massacring everything in sight, and our ST's kicking and coverage continuing to be WTH?

This stuff continued through the playoffs and into the championship game.

One might actually take what you said literally and not be that far off. I'm not serious,of course, but you get the point. Right?

We had problems before the season began and they were obviously not dealt with during the season. Northern Iowa was debacle, and we didn't win that game in a wipe-out, it was 30-14, but we did not dominate them and slaughter them, and we could have.

Look, Bison put a big 10 caliber defense on the field last year, and we are going to have a similar quality defense next year. That kind of dominance can mask issues with ST's kicking and coverage; but does that mean we ignore the issue?
    This may be one of the best posts on BV I have ever read!

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.