Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Josh Allen

Default Re: Josh Allen

One throw is obviously a small sample size but here's a good display of Allen's accuracy (or lack thereof) in comparison to Heisman winner Baker Mayfield during Senior Bowl practices: https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/st...28021945618437

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not a good look when you are missing targets badly during senior bowl practice:

"But as Allen told Cleveland’s 92.3 The Fan this week, “stats are for losers.” The one thing Allen doesn’t lack, after his cannon for an arm, is confidence. He continued: “While at Wyoming, we won games and I definitely think that’s how quarterbacks are judged in the NFL.” Allen went 16–9 in his last two seasons at Wyoming and didn’t win a single game of much importance. But the dude’s Senior Bowl press tour has been a delight.

In that same interview, Allen said he has “qualities that Aaron Rodgers has,” and that at Wyoming, “I had to put everybody on my back.” He compared his gunslinger mentality to Brett Favre’s and said he wants “to be the guy that turns around the Cleveland Browns.”

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    to be the guy that turns around the Cleveland Browns
    I'm not sure if even the return of the Messiah could turn around the Browns.

"But as Allen told Cleveland’s 92.3 The Fan this week, “stats are for losers.” The one thing Allen doesn’t lack, after his cannon for an arm, is confidence. He continued: “While at Wyoming, we won games and I definitely think that’s how quarterbacks are judged in the NFL.” Allen went 16–9 in his last two seasons at Wyoming and didn’t win a single game of much importance. But the dude’s Senior Bowl press tour has been a delight.

In that same interview, Allen said he has “qualities that Aaron Rodgers has,” and that at Wyoming, “I had to put everybody on my back.” He compared his gunslinger mentality to Brett Favre’s and said he wants “to be the guy that turns around the Cleveland Browns.”
    Yeah, he sounds just like Carson Wentz.

Stats are for losers? How about accuracy stats? Intangibles? He talks about "carrying the team" but vs good competition he carried them by throwing 1 TD to 8 Picks and the team got their ass kicked.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Browns should draft a QB with all of their first round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    One throw is obviously a small sample size but here's a good display of Allen's accuracy (or lack thereof) in comparison to Heisman winner Baker Mayfield during Senior Bowl practices: https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/st...28021945618437
    The Uker meme was hilarious.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Josh Allen for the week in 7 on 7 drills. Passes over 15 yards he was 1-7 with a pick. Reading media reports you would think he's the greatest QB ever.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Josh Allen for the week in 7 on 7 drills. Passes over 15 yards he was 1-7 with a pick. Reading media reports you would think he's the greatest QB ever.
    Listening to 104.3 TheFan (Denver station with former Broncos) the past week, and they felt Allen was terrible for the first day, but worked his butt off on the second day and reestablished himself as the second best QB in the draft (Mayfield killed everything outside the deep passes, which was won by Allen). The broadcasts were done while the hosts were watching the practices live in Mobile.

With that said, I'm hoping the Broncos trade up to get Saquon Barkley, or draft an O-lineman. If they want Mayfield, I hope they can collect a few more picks by dropping back a few spots first.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Looked horrible at half time and looked like he was done for the day

But he came in the 2nd half he's looking pretty awesome even though the rules say you can't blitz. He may have saved himself from falling out of the first round. The plays were more good design but still looked great. If I had to predict, probably looking like a mid to lower first round unless some team is desperate and willing to pay top 5 money for a player that's 2-3 years away. Cleveland is dumb enough to play him right away and kill his confidence. He needs a year or so to work on accuracy which sucks pretty bad.